Suggestion Box

EvilBivol-1

I think would be so much easier to navigate and find the stuff, if creating new threads would be limited to moderators and admins. Cos now, we have new threads created for every question asked. And finding something on the forum is a real challenge. Long story short - it's a mess. I believe, limiting ability to create new threads to moderators would improve overall forum experience.

Yeah but how can you then ask a question? That defeats the point of the forum IMHO.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Yeah but how can you then ask a question? That defeats the point of the forum IMHO.

You would have to append your question to one of the threads that existed, which would create a very large mess, IMHO.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

Please create new categories "Squadrons" and "Interests" in vBulletin Social Groups: http://forums.eagle.ru/group.php. Clean up dead groups, by emailing their admins to update group or be pruned.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• 2 months later...
Suggestion:

The date format.

Currently it's MM-DD-YYYY. Possible for an option to switch to DD-MM-YYY?

Also the time. Possible to change to 24:00 format?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=91641&highlight=date+format

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 1 month later...
Suggestion:

The date format.

Currently it's MM-DD-YYYY. Possible for an option to switch to DD-MM-YYY?

Also the time. Possible to change to 24:00 format?

+1 here. Other forums I use, usually have DD-MM-YYYY or YYYY-MM-DD, but having the opportunity to choose between the 3 options would suite all preferences.

• 4 months later...

In the forum summary (this view: http://forums.eagle.ru/) it would be awesome if you could highlight it when a rep from one of the 3rd party devs replies to a thread, so you know when to check back into that thread.

Those threads get chock-full of posters stipulating, fighting, demanding updates, theorizing, etc. Mainly, I just want to know when a rep from a 3rd party has posted an update. Yeah... I could manually go through and tell the system to ping me when a specific person posts, but... that's not as elegant a solution and is very prone to not working and flooding me with emails / notifications.

Thanks for the consideration gang!

"Snipe"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OS => Win7 64-bit Ultimate | MOBO => ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe | RAM => 8GB | VIDEO CARD => XFX ATI 4850 | CONTROLLER => Saitek X52 | DISPLAY => ASUS 25.5" 1600x1280 | HDD => 150GB WD Raptor (10K RPM)

• 2 months later...
Please create new categories "Squadrons" and "Interests" in vBulletin Social Groups: http://forums.eagle.ru/group.php. Clean up dead groups, by emailing their admins to update group or be pruned.

3rd time request. 1st in 2011, 2nd in 2012, 3rd in 2013... Why can't you?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

1- Dedicated Skin section where people can post skins under all different aircraft/helo folders.

2- Why cant i see my replies on messages that i have sent?

3- Faster Fileupload acceptation. Takes way to long before an uploaded skin or file gets active.

g8PjVMw.png

1- Dedicated Skin section where people can post skins under all different aircraft/helo folders.

2- Why cant i see my replies on messages that i have sent?

3- Faster Fileupload acceptation. Takes way to long before an uploaded skin or file gets active.

1- you can filter the user files section on the main website for skins. Wouldn't that suffice (esp. as those are at least definately released skins :o)?

2- Because you have not ticked that checkbox "Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder." beneath the editor window! (you can set this by default somewhere in your forum user profile as well)

1- you can filter the user files section on the main website for skins. Wouldn't that suffice (esp. as those are at least definately released skins :o)?

2- Because you have not ticked that checkbox "Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder." beneath the editor window! (you can set this by default somewhere in your forum user profile as well)

1 : no cause what i mean is a section on the forums.

2 : Thx it workshop now

:)

g8PjVMw.png

• 2 months later...

A clean up if possible

The forum is so big that is nearly impossible to find what we need.

It take a journey to find something.

Example: I bought Huey and it's not listed below news.

we can see : DCS World

: DCS Warthog

: DCS combined Arms....

Then where can i go to find help with Huey ?

I know you do great and excellent job in this forum and be sure i'm not complaining, it's just i try to find help easyer.

Have a good day all !

Steff.

Info on the Huey can be found here. The Huey is made by Belsimtek and they have more than one product so...

• 1 month later...

Could you please create one torrent file for all modules and DCS world? I think it will be very convenient for users who prefer to do fresh install rather than using autoupdate. Those who don't want to download certain modules can always deselect them in torrent client.

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3

• 1 month later...

New suggestion:

Make it against the rules to ask for release dates / updates on release dates.

The guys over at KSP did it, and it's worked quite well. Seems to stop people getting annoyed with seeing the same question being added to threads and not furthering the discussions, and also reduces some forum spam (granted, this is partly because it allows the mods to nuke a post without warning).

Edited by Buzzles
  • Like 1

New suggestion:

Make it against the rules to ask for release dates / updates on release dates.

The guys over KSP did it, and it's worked quite well. Seems to stop people getting annoyed with seeing the same question being added to threads and not furthering the discussions, and also reduces some forum spam (granted, this is partly because it allows the mods to nuke a post without warning).

+1000

If we can add 'When is the next sale?' to the list we'll have a winner!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is it possible to allow for the search function to pinpoint you to the specific page or pages what you search for is on? Its a pain when it goes to threads hundreds of pages long.

In the advanced search settings, you can select whether you want 'threads' or 'posts' as your search results, but that is the only way that I know of to get what you want. Pages would not work since they aren't the same for everyone, depending on your viewing settings.