Few tips for ED

Guest benjee

Guest benjee

Just bought DCS Black Shark + TrackIR. Love it.

Few quick things about your site:

1) What on earth is with the Captcha on this site? Why is it so hard to read? The only person who can read it is the spam bot. (joking, but it did take me about 10 attempts, WTF?) If you Google the words "Worst Captcha Ever" you'll notice that your site is the 6th result.

2) Your SSL Certificate is expired.

3) One of your download mirrors (the top one listed on DCS black shark download) is broken.

4) Your activation system... ouch, nasty. Are there plans to remove it?

Finally, well done on a great game.

• ED Team

Hi!

1. The captcha was made so strong because of many spam bots on the forum. And it's not joke. Ok, I simplified it now, will test.

2. The VeriSign SSL certificate on the DCS site is valid till 01.01.2011. So I don't know what is your problem with it.

3. Thanks for the report. Now it is fixed and working.

Enjoy the game!

Edited by const

image_259187.png.12ec9a78d99caec431e08ab83fd4ee4d.png

• ED Team

Thanks

We have a plans completely rework site for A-10C.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

I have feq questions too:

1. Do u plan to add new themes (as option to choose)? Then everybody could change skin for what he likes.

2. Will you add addictional plugins to vBulletin ? I mean for user use.

3. Search engine is worse than before? That searcher is baad or I can't search. But long time ago before... I think it worked better.

4. RSS channel and something like this - let's say I click "new Posts" buton and I just wanna to see New posts from only few threads or only in English. Or only in English and 2 threads.

5. Possibility to more customize own profile? I don't know it is possible with vBulletin but current modification possibility is poor.

6. New languages for forum? (I know English is basic and all people know it, but national language is nice for user).

IMHO most important is (don't offend :P) to make possibility to choose new themes. There are so many of them... Glassy, older, or futurists... To be honest previous one (hmm it was light bronze IIRC? was better than present).

That's all for now I noticed.

• Like 1

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I keep having a very strange experience on auto log out timings. I mean after 15 minutes of inactivity I have to sign in again! I can be looking for something in forums, or looking for some links to enrich and supplement my posts or some of my posts simply take more than 15 min to write and when I press POST button it asks for user name and password. It's a bit annoying don't you think?!

I already asked in one of my threads on this issue, I also asked for "Keep me logged for XX minutes" support in vBulletin. Too bad I can't find my previous thread ATM so I can also say that Search engine sucks...

Edit:

Here it is:http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=639526#post639526

As U can see, no answers so far!

Edited by Vekkinho
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
I keep having a very strange experience on auto log out timings. I mean after 15 minutes of inactivity I have to sign in again! I can be looking for something in forums, or looking for some links to enrich and supplement my posts or some of my posts simply take more than 15 min to write and when I press POST button it asks for user name and password. It's a bit annoying don't you think?!

I already asked in one of my threads on this issue, I also asked for "Keep me logged for XX minutes" support in vBulletin. Too bad I can't find my previous thread ATM so I can also say that Search engine sucks...

Edit:

Here it is:http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=639526#post639526

As U can see, no answers so far!

Well,

I think it's your browser setting. Nothing that ED can do about, because the 'life span' of a cookie on your machine depends on your own settings as well.

I set my browser (Firefox) to 'remember me' which equals unlimited log-on time, and it works well. Haven't logged in since months...

Don't have to... I'm always 'in' .

So which browser ? May be we can figure this out ...

Edited by golfsierra2
  • Like 1

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

Yes it is cookie setting IMHO too. I have cookies as long as they want to be and autologon forever.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ