Vf and Vfe speeds for hornet

Harley Davidson

Anyone know Flap down speeds and Max flap speeds for the Hornet? Would help during the downwind Case 1 so I'm not floating when the flaps go down.

What speeds have you guys been using?

I found this for FSX.... Does this work in DCS? Make sure you are not at FULL flaps above 160 kts, and at HALF flaps above 200 kts. but in the real Hornet you can also turn off the FCS control of the flaps if you put the GAIN switch on the FCS panel (behind the throttle) in "Override" instead of "NORMAL". Unfortunately this is not implemented in the FSX Hornet

Edited by Harley Davidson

Afaik (and I may be massively wrong ) but you can select flap down at any speed and the FCS will only allow it to come down as you drop below the flap speed threshold. I go straight from auto to full flap in the middle of my break over the carrier, usually when I've accomplished about 90 degree of the 180 break turn.. by the time I get onto the downwind leg i'm gear down and trimming to on speed and I never have an issue with floating.

I find the earlier (and at higher airpseed) I select the flaps the more gradually they come down so the less floating is an issue. If I slow down and then select flaps down then I get a huge float as they suddenly come down to their requested position. YMMV

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.