[Tool] DCS Configuration Manager - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-12-2018, 06:19 PM   #21
FitzZZ

@bouncerj21 If you send me the log I can take a look :-)

%appdatalocal%\DCSConfMgr\DCSCM.log

Drop me a PM and I see what I can do.
FitzZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:48 PM   #22
bouncerj21

Hi
I couldn't workout how to add an attachment to a private message so I have posted it
Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: rar DCSCM.rar (1.2 KB, 15 views)
bouncerj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:03 AM   #23
FitzZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncerj21 View Post
Hi
I couldn't workout how to add an attachment to a private message so I have posted it
Thanks
Cheers mate,

looks like the initial preparation when the tool was first started failed for some reason and didn't copy the configs (that's why the errors came). Can't seem to see why though :-( It's one of those edge cases I wasn't able to reproduce when testing the tool I guess.

As you said in the PM resetting the tool via the slightly hidden butten on the main page helped, the second try seemed to have worked.

Hope it works well now.

o/
Old 02-17-2018, 02:46 AM   #24
hansangb
Veteran

FitzZZ,
Question for you. Whenever I fire this up, (just downloaded it), it connects to numpy.org. I'm assuming you used python and numpy?
Spoiler:
i7-8700K Delid/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, EVGA Z370 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, JetSeat, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, CV1
hansangb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 04:00 AM   #25
soupyc

This is fantastic! One question, is there any way to make the sound switcher work without being tied to VR? I have two outputs and sometimes want to use one, sometimes the other, but do not use VR.

Thanks!

My Rig: Intel i5-7600k | MSI Z-270A PRO | 8GB DDR4 2400 | EVGA nVidia GTX 780 SC | Saitek X52 Pro | TIR 4 w Pro Clip
soupyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 03:33 PM   #26
FitzZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansangb View Post
FitzZZ,
Question for you. Whenever I fire this up, (just downloaded it), it connects to numpy.org. I'm assuming you used python and numpy?
Hey hansangb,

to be perfectly honest, I didn't know it does that. That's not part of my code (which you can review on the GitHub page here: https://github.com/TheFitzZZ/DCS-Config-Manager)

The only thing I can imagine is that it comes from one of the 3rd party libraries I use, namely MehApps.Metro, NLog and AudioSwitcher. Is this a security or privacy concern for you? Then I'd dig deeper and see where it actually comes from.

Cheers
Old 02-17-2018, 03:36 PM   #27
hansangb
Veteran

No, not a security concern given that it's numpy. But will look at your github. Thanks!
Spoiler:
i7-8700K Delid/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, EVGA Z370 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, JetSeat, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, CV1
hansangb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 03:38 PM   #28
FitzZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupyc View Post
This is fantastic! One question, is there any way to make the sound switcher work without being tied to VR? I have two outputs and sometimes want to use one, sometimes the other, but do not use VR.

Thanks!
Hey Soupyc ,

while this isn't something the tool was designed for, you can still do it. The tool will only activate VR once in the configuration file. So if you don't mind it switching between two configs, it could still do that for you. They can still be the same settings wise :-)

Hope that works for you,

Cheers, FitzZZ
Old 02-23-2018, 06:13 PM   #29
Gruman

Maybe a stupid question, but how exactly can you install this on a Windows 10 OS if its blocked? What setting does need to be changed to make it possible?

Thanks
Gruman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 02:30 PM   #30
FitzZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruman View Post
Maybe a stupid question, but how exactly can you install this on a Windows 10 OS if its blocked? What setting does need to be changed to make it possible?

Thanks
Hey! There's a small link in the window like "more information" or something like that. Click it and the "run anyways" button will appear.

Cheers
FitzZZ

Work in progress: EKRAN - The DCS Discord bot for event management and other fun!

Want to support my work? Click here

Tags
configuration, dcscm, options, tool, virtual reality