For community manager: developer's journal

Distiler

Hello!

I see a "developer's journal" setting in the DCS main web page but there is just one article about LUA. Would it be nice something like a weekly update on things around DCS: screenshots, tips for flying, photos of ED team, opinion articles, videos, etc whatever the community manager thinks is interesting and can filter from ED/TFC.

Lots of games (especialy mmorpgs) have such weekly/monthly updates. For example SWG has it's "friday feature" and it really helps building community and maintaining the hype around the simulator.

In fact, scattered around the forum there are things that could be put in that place. But those are not structured and only a handful of users see them, except those that end in the announcement and updates subforum. It would be very nice to have all those little sneak peaks in a visible place but also with lots more. It means more work for community manager, but I think it can be beneficial to everyone.

Friday feature for DCS?

Edited by Distiler

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

It means more work for community manager...

Exactly. :)

I'm a volunteer. At least at this point, ED does not have a dedicated PR staff that could organize such activity around the website. This may change in the future. Currently, we're doing whatever we can to use the English forum as a communication portal.

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

I understand. But you can start by doing just little things, like organizing ED to pass you information (pics, for example) and then you posting in the announcement forum. If in the future it's done more elegantly by using the website, then it's better. The thing is that there are sneak peaks dis-organized around the forum, usually posted by ED devs themselves, some times in russian forum and sometimes in english forum. I think would be nice to just try to organize those devs so they rely on you to post that information and you do it in an organized way.

If on top of that you can put a timetable for news from ED and do a "friday feature", then fantastic. But step at step. Organizing sneak peaks would be my first step :)

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Im surprised that the info on the DSC: A10C on the main site isn't in English or other languages yet..

I don't know what the Modorator shceme is like on this site, on anther forum im on we have a food chain type thingy of Head Mods, Mods and assistance..

Head Mods are in charge of sections, Mods are in charge of sub sections and assistances help the Mods.. say on this site it might be

Head Mod - DCS part

Mod - for the sub-forum and one for the General Discusion

Assisstances - help the Mods of that part of the forum and other mondane stuff...

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45