Consolidated FARP Mod - Potential??? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-13-2018, 10:11 PM   #1
SUNTSAG

Default Consolidated FARP Mod - Potential???

Hi All,

I have been considering the creation of a consolidate FARP mod that would enable you to rearm and refuel on your favourite FARP, either one you may have created or have downloaded already.

To do this I am asking you all which mods would you like included? Providing they meet all the criteria, I should be able to add them. It would mean that if you own it you will be able to place it with full functionality.

If this something you would be interested in let me know. Cheers.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:53 AM   #2
352ndDeacon

I would suggest all the paid for modules and then any moded planes that use the P51, Bf109, Fw190 or FC3 folders/files to become flyable.
And thanks in advance for all the hard work.
352ndDeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 08:02 PM   #3
DrummerNL

I'd consider this for a bunch of pads I have been working on but from what I understand this method would break the integrity check which is what is holding me back. If that were not the case I'd make some realistic FARP models...

DrummerNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 09:05 PM   #4
SUNTSAG

Firstly let me address the Integrity check issue which is and can be frustrating at times.....

There are so many good and useful features that can be implemented via modding that would enhance playability and player options for a more fulfilling, realistic and rounded experience. By that I mean additional ground units and their functionality.

For me the cheat umbrella has been cast too wide, but then again that's a whole new topic of discussion. I'm not complaining about it, I'm just suggesting that perhaps it is far too wide reaching.

To address your concerns DrummerNL.....The mod would be JSGME compatible and would not affect the original mod in any way, it would function as you originally intended and still be stored in the saved games folder. It would remain placeable as a non FARP object in the ME without breaking IC.

Turning on my intended mod via JSGME would allow players to use it to also rearm and refuel and at the same time it can be switched off via JSGME to avoid MP IC issues. So the flexibility is there to cover all eventualities. I hope this makes sense? Cheers.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:40 AM   #5
BaD CrC
ED Translator

Thanks Suntsag. Well, there is a bunch of nice mods we are using for FARP, like the famous ones from Upuaut, as well as the "H" and the "NATO T"
What about adding an invisible one (like a transparent 1x1x1px) that we could put everywhere we want to make anything refuelable/rearmable?
I don't give a #$% about IC. We are flying on private dedicated servers with only pilots we know and trained and fully trust. This way we can fly missions with unmatched improved experience like this.

Thanks for your amazing contribution to DCS.

8086K delid @5.1Ghz under EKWB Water, 2080Ti FE, 32Gb DDR4, 970Pro NvME.

Last edited by BaD CrC; 10-15-2018 at 07:44 AM.
BaD CrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:47 AM   #6
the_soupdragon

WOW some nice stuff in here.
Would be great if this can get some traction.

SD
Old 10-15-2018, 08:56 PM   #7
Pikey
Veteran

I've always been a fan of leaving the farp as invisible as possible, but ever since I tried modding them I realised the entire farp process was triggered by touching the collision model, and that's where it all falls apart. Had it not been for that, we could have our own Farps just arranged how we like them.

I'd rather you bent your efforts in finding out how the lua works for FARPS and create a method to have a blank plugin that doeesn't need to be "touched", to work. Then the entire model thing becomes moot and we can have unlimited models from VPC or the game itself etc.

Did the Viggen Farp ever work in Multiplayer? if RagnaDa managed it then it should be repeatable.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:30 PM   #8
BaD CrC
ED Translator

Interesting. Is the collision mode directly related to the 3D model or can we also have like a flat square collision model and an invisible 3D model?

8086K delid @5.1Ghz under EKWB Water, 2080Ti FE, 32Gb DDR4, 970Pro NvME.
BaD CrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 12:04 AM   #9
Eight Ball

Our friend Upuaut has updated his mod and he's got one invisible FARP in his "Helipads" pack
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=124251

Eight Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:22 PM   #10
Agent_wolf

@Eight Ball. I cant get the invincible helipad to rearm or refuel. The other ones with a collition model works, like the hospital and the island. Is this what SUNTSAG is trying to fix? The T and H helipads dont work either for me. Have this mod been tested resently?

ANON6_Wolfie
Agent_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote