F14 Skinners thread (Paintkit in 1st post)

David A Sell

Of course, we'd rather have your best work vs your rushed work. Take all the repeated template release inquiries as a compliment to how much we're enjoying the F-14 module

Indeed... And it shows our pride in ownership considering how much we want our own names on the canopy!

Strikeeagle isn't wrong and he has answered your question (might just not be the one you were expecting).

The paintkit will have the dirt on separate layers which you can easily turn off in Photoshop. At this point, you will have to paint out the dirt and grime manually with a clone node or any other of the million tools you have in photoshop.

Exactly. :thumbup:

I am asking how to do it with the paint kit that we are currently using. If I was going to wait for Heatblur to release one I wouldn’t be asking how to do it now, if that makes sense. I take this as the typical RTFM response, which is not helpful.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

Strikeeagle isn't wrong and he has answered your question (might just not be the one you were expecting).

The paintkit will have the dirt on separate layers which you can easily turn off in Photoshop. At this point, you will have to paint out the dirt and grime manually with a clone node or any other of the million tools you have in photoshop.

Thanks starmat, that was a nice reply and was very helpful. Unlike Stikeeagle trolling asshattery....

My initial response was not meant to be trolling, BUT after his as "asshattery" response I returned in kind. Is what it is, some folks are just too soft. :thumbup:

No. You were being a dick. You could have easily given the answer that the other individual did but, you didn't. You chose to be a childish smartass, and frankly didn't represent the mighty 11 very well which, is an organization I, and others here respect very much. On another note, I can promise you Skullz is furthest thing from being soft, and neither am I. Ask around. Tell everyone we said hello.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My initial response was not meant to be trolling, BUT after his as "asshattery" response I returned in kind. Is what it is, some folks are just too soft. :thumbup:

If I was soft I never would’ve responded to you’re lack of an answer but I am so sick and tired of seeing people with questions that may not have much experience ask a question and be treated like they are an idiot by someone who thinks they know more than everyone else with an answer like you gave. You chose to reply to be a smart elec and make your self look cool in your own mind. But I’m not gonna sit around and let you do that to me without some kind of response.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

Here's an example from the template/original master PSDs from the AJS37 (and this is from one of the small, 500MB, files). Merging and naming layers makes things a lot easier for the user (and deleting unused WIP layers can reduce the file sizes quite a bit).

I can perfectly understand why HB wants to tidy things up a bit before release.

attachment.php?attachmentid=207318&stc=1&d=1553525423

Would reducing layers improve performance or layers don't make that big of an impact?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Seriously, I was really just making a legit response. There was no ill intent until you replied in the way that you did.

No reason to get worked up over my short forum response.

I'm going to see myself out before someone else gets upset.

Have a good evening all.

Excellent idea. Have a good evening.//Dangle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No idea who this Strikeeagle345 is and don't care to find out, but clearly with all those posts he only confirmed his idiocy. Next time the Internet shames you dude, just say my bad and stop posting. Sheesh

Now this fun and happy thread has a giant one-page of shit on it. Thanks idiot

Would reducing layers improve performance or layers don't make that big of an impact?

It would, as your paint program...Photoshop, PSP, Whatever....has to account/track those layers and having 100's of layers, even ones with tiny marks, slows things down when painting, especially zoomed in.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

With there being only 5-6 squadrons I believe that actually flew the B, I imagine you'll see A and D schemes to come for a while.

All the B squadrons might already be represented in HB's Tomcat.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

9 fleet squadrons, 1 training squadron, and 1 test squadron all flew the B even briefly. VF-11, -24, 32, -74, -101, -102, -103, -142, -143, and -211, and VX-30. While all but VX-30 have been represented in the release, these aren't the only liveries these squadrons had.

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png