"Connection timed out" problem after today's (13.03.19) update - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-16-2019, 10:24 PM   #31
discwalker

"Connection timed out" even on local dedicated server during F-14 spawn loading, long loading
Old 03-17-2019, 12:42 AM   #32
Martin2487

So this certainly didn't help me. I even had a new install of the game without modules or mods. The error occurred immediately. And I connected to a server that I know there are very few units. I'll tell you what helps me. I found that when I open the editor and run a mission where there are more units. But I can not say exactly how much (the mission with which it is doing about 450 units) and then I want to connect to multiplayer so it works and the error appears. Even if it is a big server and the Connection timeout appears, the game returns to the menu.
Martin2487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 12:00 PM   #33
Mr_sukebe

I tried a couple of ideas floated around, i.e.
- cleaned out my mods folder. I left tacview in there, nothing else
- reduced my preload radius to around 50% (had previously been successfully running at 90%)

That's not solved it.
Old 03-17-2019, 12:43 PM   #34
Mr_sukebe

Update.
I have a solution, well at least for myself.
In short, the "mission" that I was working on was something that has rather evolved over a period of months and is my "training" area, including pretty much one flight of every aircraft in game. Then I'd ended up adding in different FARPS, target areas, 3 ship fleets etc.

In short, when saved it was a pretty big file. When it ran, it was taking quite a while to load, even run locally on my PC, with an SSD.
I've just been in and pruned out a lot of "niceties" and it's loaded fine.

So for me, it was a genuine timeout, for how long my PC was taking to load the game.
It would appear that avoiding super complex missions is a rather good thing, or option B, have a genuinely fast PC, with one of the new NVME2 SSD drives.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-18-2019, 03:37 PM   #35
Chipensaw

Hello,

Well I have closed my case with ED. At first I was leaning towards the "Mods" folder as the issue. Partly because ED support was leaning that way but I can confirm this is not 100% the issue. Although I can magically connect to online servers, the connection times are slow. ED wants to point fingers at connection speed, server ping and server load. The last one I can get onboard with, the first two I can confirm are not the issue. My gut tells me they have reintroduced the connection speed bug we had many months ago, plus the amount of users flooding the online servers to fly the F-14B

Just my thoughts,

Jay
Chipensaw is offline   Reply With Quote