Flying this has been the most frustrating experience of my life, any tips? - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-15-2019, 09:36 PM   #71
sze5003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post
Heatblur simulated the fps with the hud That's what it was like back then so that's how we get it

Early on people were asking will they make it the same etc.

Listening to the wealth of knowledge on hear from real pilots they didn't rely to heavily on the hud for the same reason. It wasn't fast enough.
Yeah I figured that was it. The level to detail is really nice. It's a real by the instruments jet so the HUD is not the best thing to use.
Asus ROG Strix Z370-E | Core i7 8700k @5.0Ghz-Corsair H100i v2 | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengence LPX 3000 | 1TB Seagate 7200 rpm | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Asus Strix OC 1080Ti | Samsung Odyssey
sze5003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:46 AM   #72
danny875

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaogen View Post
My only disillusionment with the F-14 is the Pilot Cockpit feels much smaller in VR than I imagined.
I had this thought when I first went VR in the Hornet, it reminded my of sitting in a glider.
Luckily someone told me about the Force IPD option which actually just scales the world around you. I can’t advise on a correct number but have a play with it until you get that “this feels right” moment.
danny875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 10:55 AM   #73
Mule

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny875 View Post
I had this thought when I first went VR in the Hornet, it reminded my of sitting in a glider.
Luckily someone told me about the Force IPD option which actually just scales the world around you. I can’t advise on a correct number but have a play with it until you get that “this feels right” moment.
What this guy said. Change IPD it's in the VR settings. I let mine set as default and it works great but it really is a setting you need to set with your own eyes etc. If you wear glasses you need to account for that too.
Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 12:36 PM   #74
Chaogen

Thanks! I'll give it a try. I've messed with my vive's physical IDP. Didn't know there was a DCS software one too.

To clarify though, I just meant comparatively speaking to the F-18/Harrier pit. Even the RIO feels like it has tones of room. The pilot position feels akin to the toes in a lady's high heels, wearing a shoe two sizes too small.

In all honestly I've just been enjoying flying it, so I'll fiddle with settings/eye position sometime this weekend.
Chaogen is offline   Reply With Quote