Engine quits if i change tanks - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-11-2019, 05:56 PM   #11
Datek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Pete View Post
Because it breaks the immersion when we can't even load the aft tank at all to simulate the full internal load, let alone the added wing tanks, of one of the longest ranged single engine fighters of the war.

Your aircraft has ruptured fuel lines running from the fuselage and drop tanks. They need to be replaced and new ones are on order, but have not arrived yet. Those tanks cannot be used until you get the new lines installed. Meanwhile, the war continues and we have no spare aircraft. You will have plenty of fuel in the wing tanks to get across the channel and back to accomplish your mission. Now, get back up there- your country needs you!

Last edited by Datek; 03-11-2019 at 06:02 PM.
Datek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:32 PM   #12
Theodore42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Pete View Post
Because it breaks the immersion when we can't even load the aft tank at all to simulate the full internal load, let alone the added wing tanks, of one of the longest ranged single engine fighters of the war.
I just like to have 25 gallons in my fuselage tank. Helps me whip the Mustang around
Also, I got it in my head today that I wanted to play with reversibility. But unless today's patch fixed it I can't
Theodore42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:58 AM   #13
Basco1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodore42 View Post
I just like to have 25 gallons in my fuselage tank. Helps me whip the Mustang around
Also, I got it in my head today that I wanted to play with reversibility. But unless today's patch fixed it I can't

Nope,still no fix to date,the issue still exists.......it has been reported,but the devs have yet to give any clear indication of when it might be fixed,just the standard note from ED stating it's being looked into.......mind you the problem was first reported on 20th December 2018 !

In short having drop tanks on the P-51D at present only has a 'cosmetic' value,as their practical value is,to put it frankly.....porked !
Windows 10 Home/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 8GB Graphics/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog/MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4.

Last edited by Basco1; 03-14-2019 at 12:17 PM.
Basco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:38 AM   #14
Slippery Pete

I just want to be able to load the aft tank again to simulate the aft CoG change that the real life pilots had to fight with when they had a full internal load. I wonder if ED actually removed that on purpose because new pilots were crashing on take off with a full load? Surely not....
Slippery Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 06:04 AM   #15
DoomEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datek View Post
Your aircraft has ruptured fuel lines running from the fuselage and drop tanks. They need to be replaced and new ones are on order, but have not arrived yet. Those tanks cannot be used until you get the new lines installed. Meanwhile, the war continues and we have no spare aircraft. You will have plenty of fuel in the wing tanks to get across the channel and back to accomplish your mission. Now, get back up there- your country needs you!
THERE'S YOUR IMMERSION!