Sharing Pre-flight Planning concept

Sgt_Cyanide

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing i thought of how good is the F10 map aligned with the real world map. Worst case scenario their might be diff. But hopefully it aint.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

You are free to copy, distribute, transmit and adapt our data, as long as you credit OpenStreetMap and its contributors. If you alter or build upon our data, you may distribute the result only under the same licence. The full legal code explains your rights and responsibilities.

That's from their terms and conditions.

What you are doing is within the T&Cs. So, as long as,

1. you're not selling your work, and

2. You credit openstreetmap.org in your tool

you should be fine.

Your "credit" should take their approved format, namely;

"© OpenStreetMap contributors".

You must also make it clear that the data is available under the Open Database Licence. This can be achieved by providing a "License" or "Terms" link which links to www.openstreetmap.org/copyright or www.opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl.

[This does not constitute a Legal Opinion]

This sounds good, but I have found a tile usage poilcy which means: "Heavy use (e.g. distributing an app that uses tiles from openstreetmap.org) is forbidden without prior permission from the System Administrators." I doesn't know If my application causes heavy traffic. noexpression.gif

One thing i thought of how good is the F10 map aligned with the real world map. Worst case scenario their might be diff. But hopefully it aint.

The maps are not 100% aligned, but thats not a big problem. You build your flight plan mostly visual. A problem is that some small island are not existant in DCS. The only important waypoints are target waypoints. I recommend you to input lat/lng manually by looking at your mission briefing. Targets for the AJS37 are mostly known (strike).

Would be nice for all planes this tool !

If the developers are implementing data cartridges for the plane, I can adjust my export for the particular airplane.

This sounds good, but I have found a tile usage poilcy which means: "Heavy use (e.g. distributing an app that uses tiles from openstreetmap.org) is forbidden without prior permission from the System Administrators." I doesn't know If my application causes heavy traffic.

I believe that is for something like a company using the software to make GPS devices or applications. Something that would cause their bandwidth costs to spike.

I believe that is for something like a company using the software to make GPS devices or applications. Something that would cause their bandwidth costs to spike.

Yeah thats right. I made sure that the bandwidth usage was as low as possible. That means I don't use high zoom levels. This shouldn't be a problem when planning the waypoints.

I wasted all day downloading the map of the caucasus locally and integrating it into the mission planner, but I can't get it to work. Maybe I'm too stupid. They should make it easier for developers somehow. At least I tried!

Small update for today: I finished the importer. This allows you to import all five data cartridges into the tool. You can then edit them and export them to DCS again. Next step is to implement some user settings, to point my app to the location of DCS.

I think you are doing nice work, however if maps cannot be calibrated, it is all useless for serious use ...

If you don't like it, simply don't use it. I don't know any way to use the F10 map of DCS. That would be awesome when we could use it.

The only one who can make a serious and precise tool are the developers of this simulation it self. They have much more knowledge than me and the real map from the game. I'm experimenting with some maps exported from DCS but the aren't looking that great.

This map might be high enough Rez for ya https://files.mycloud.com/home.php?seuuid=fa7402ff706d6d44821db732c5139838&name=TC-1&brand=webfiles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was actually the one I had in mind, but could not find it at the moment of posting.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

This map might be high enough Rez for ya https://files.mycloud.com/home.php?seuuid=fa7402ff706d6d44821db732c5139838&name=TC-1&brand=webfiles

Wow this map is awesome!! Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

Totaly trying to convert this map. If the conversion is working I have to rewrite my map renderer.

Edited by Sgt_Cyanide

I also have it in psd and can convert it to any format you might need.

I need it in an .mbtiles format with an WGS 84 (EPSG:4326) spherical mercator.

Currently I have success converting the map in a .mbtiles format and I'm checking if the latitude and longitutde are identical to the DCS map.

So many new things to learn. :unsure: But it makes fun.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

I have successesfully imported this map into my application. Some coords are slightly off, but I'm working on it!

I've attached a screenshot for you guys. Please ignore the total distance, it's a tiny bit off.. :megalol:

Progress.thumb.PNG.bfdf076548941bcece62aa78ae823dd2.PNG

Edited by Sgt_Cyanide

Glad I could help a tiny bit. Also, I didn't make that map btw it was from the user downloads, but it's super hard to find.

Can't wait to use this tool.

It would be nice if you can give me the whole link to the map or the name from this guys, so I can give him credits for the map :).

So guys, short update from today. I have rewritten a big part of my code to implement the DCS map. I think this time the Lat/Lng is very good aligned, but it needs some further testing.

Screenshot below.

Progress.thumb.PNG.19e6ae9a3d6e3970f09412be0836806e.PNG

It would be nice if you can give me the whole link to the map or the name from this guys, so I can give him credits for the map :).

So guys, short update from today. I have rewritten a big part of my code to implement the DCS map. I think this time the Lat/Lng is very good aligned, but it needs some further testing.

Screenshot below.

I'll see if I can dig it up for you. I volunteer for testing.

igormk is the creator:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=50869

It doesn't cover Tbilisi area I'm afraid, didn't remember that previously.

Thanks for pointing me at his thread. I already noticed that the east part of the DCS map is missing. But I can implement every map that has a proper png format with a high resolution. If we can find another map that covers the whole area I can load this. Maybe I'll include a offline openstreetmap map of the whole area, so you can choose between maps. We will see.

But for now it's a good start I think!

----------------------------------------------

Here is very very early version of the planning tool. Don't expect to much for now. There is only im- exporting, waypoints, target waypoints and a basic QFE calculation. Expect some bugs and null pointer exception if you aren't cautious. :) There is a short manual in the documentation folder and a sample init.lua file if you have problems with im- exporting.

Please test if the map Lat/Lng is aligned and give me some feedback.

The UI will be better with time!

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WXuNu1NyAGS1r-asVwPGmCnl_7fEfn5z/view?usp=sharing

PW: DMP

Edited by Sgt_Cyanide

Thanks for pointing me at his thread. I already noticed that the east part of the DCS map is missing. But I can implement every map that has a proper png format with a high resolution. If we can find another map that covers the whole area I can load this. Maybe I'll include a offline openstreetmap map of the whole area, so you can choose between maps. We will see.

But for now it's a good start I think!

----------------------------------------------

Here is very very early version of the planning tool. Don't expect to much for now. There is only im- exporting, waypoints, target waypoints and a basic QFE calculation. Expect some bugs and null pointer exception if you aren't cautious. :) There is a short manual in the documentation folder and a sample init.lua file if you have problems with im- exporting.

Please test if the map Lat/Lng is aligned and give me some feedback.

The UI will be better with time!

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17yj3nJiriREvuNyI4Se7jFuUVdoI2OcD/view?usp=sharing

PW: DMP

Just downloaded it, Looking forward to playing around with it!

As far as a bug report goes. The map seems to want to zoom in by itself after I command an initial zoom in. From there no matter what i do (zoom in or out) it will keep zooming in.

I think I know what's going on. I'll fix it as soon as I'm at home (ca. 16:00 UTC+1) and re-upload it. Sorry.

I think I know what's going on. I'll fix it as soon as I'm at home (ca. 16:00 UTC+1) and re-upload it. Sorry.

Sounds good.

I played around with it for an hour or so and have yet to have it successfully load into the game. I get the error message for import failed when I try that, but get a good export. I read the attached doc that says what to do for the error and I did delete everything after the Data_cartridges = { }, but still no joy.

I'm assuming that its more then likely something with my .lua file that I missed

edit. I get the "Export Failed: Non-negative number required. Parameter name:count" after clearing my .lua again

Edited by Tyrant07