Complete Transport and Logistics Deployment - CTLD

Question,

Only a crate spawn with your script can trigger the function ctld.cratesInZone ?

It seems it doesn't work with crates placed with ME.

Had a quick investigation, the crates placed by the mission editor aren't listed by coalition.getStaticObjects which means I can't find the crates and add them to a list so not sure it will be possible for Mission editor crates to work.

I'll keep poking around though. Sorry!

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

If cargo objects are returned by world.searchObjects(), you could try to get the initial locations from the env.mission data structure and then search for the actual object in a sphere of, say, 1 m radius around them.

I don't have access to my DCS rig right now so I can't test if this can actually work though.

Ian;2418272']If cargo objects are returned by world.searchObjects(), you could try to get the initial locations from the env.mission data structure and then search for the actual object in a sphere of, say, 1 m radius around them.

I don't have access to my DCS rig right now so I can't test if this can actually work though.

Thanks for the pointer Ian!!! Didnt know that global existed.

I've just iterated through that and found the cargo names which work with the StaticObject.getByName().

I'll post an update tomorrow when I've fully tested which'll mean the cargo in zone works for both spawned crates and mission editor ones.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Yeah great news.

You will make my day !

New version of the CTLD Script v.1.20

1. ctld.cratesInZone - Continuously counts the number of crates in a zone and stores the total in a flag - now works for Mission editor added crates and crates spawned by the script. Thanks Ian!
  2. New Option to enable 1 stinger /igla soldier to spawn with dropped troops. Disabled by default
  3. New Option to set how many launchers spawn when a Hawk system is deployed. Default is 3 launchers. When you rearm using a launcher crate, all 3 launchers will be rearmed
  4. Added some new default multi crate units, M1097 Avenger/ Strela-1 9P31 and M-109/SAU Msta. They can be easily disabled by commenting out the line in the crate config using --

Please see Readme and Github for latest code and how to use

Link:https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

As always, please let me know if you have any issues or suggestions!

They are only moving searching for enemy troops in a preset radius. You can give them WPs if you are a CA commander or you have selected Pilot can move ground troops in the editor.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Hey guys, bad news, for some reason the crashing issue has become more common when sling-loading crates. If you do have a crash, please post the .crash, .dmp and .log files from the host server.

They'll be in C:/users/USERNAME/saved games/dcs/logs

If you get the files, post them here as thats where I've submitted the bug report: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144486

I've managed to replicate with mission editor crates so it's not just spawned crates that are affected.

If you do have stability issues, you can turn off the sling load crates but still use FOB crates, troop transport and radio beacons as they won't cause problems.

To avoid crashing it seems, dont crash while sling loading and dont use the f6 cargo select menu at the same time as others. It may be due to synchronisation issues where someone has selected a crate that another player is using.

I'll post a small update this evening with a small change to allow FOB crates to work when slingload crates are disabled

New version of the CTLD Script 1.22

Very small change so that if sling loading crates are disabled, you can still use FOB crates

They are only moving searching for enemy troops in a preset radius. You can give them WPs if you are a CA commander or you have selected Pilot can move ground troops in the editor.

So together with the problem I posted in another thread here, there is currently no way to pick up a specific group of soldiers, fly them to a specific location, unload them and let them follow some waypoints?

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

The script is doing exactly what you are saying. Just read the instructions to use it properly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

So together with the problem I posted in another thread here, there is currently no way to pick up a specific group of soldiers, fly them to a specific location, unload them and let them follow some waypoints?

Here's an example of what you want.

Pickup the troops by the heli, land at the start of the runway in the trigger zone and drop them, the troops will then move to a waypoint and back and then you can pick them up.

With DCS you have to think a bit outside the box with the mission editor. What is actually happening is i've added two groups of troops that are named in the ctld.extractableGroups list and setup triggers based on their group names.

When you load extract10 and drop them in the zone, the trigger fires and removes extract10 and activates extract11 (who were set to late activation), and have orders to move to waypoints.

As extract11 is also on the extractableGroups list you can pick them up as normal when they return and have triggers based on their group name for when you return them to base.

example-with-troop-orders.miz

• Like 1

Ah okay, very unusual indeed.

Another idea: "Create Extractable Groups without Pickup Zone"

What would be if I create a group, give it waypoints, pick it up and then unload them? Will it be (for the code) the same group I picked up or does the script spawn a new group consisting odf the same soldiers? Wondering, whether the group will keep the waypoints I set up in the editor or lose them..

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

Ah okay, very unusual indeed.

Another idea: "Create Extractable Groups without Pickup Zone"

What would be if I create a group, give it waypoints, pick it up and then unload them? Will it be (for the code) the same group I picked up or does the script spawn a new group consisting odf the same soldiers? Wondering, whether the group will keep the waypoints I set up in the editor or lose them..

Once you pickup and drop a group, the group name, group ID, unit names and unit ID's all remain the same (so they can be used with triggers) but waypoints are lost as the soldiers get new waypoints when dropped from the helicopter.

However, with MIST you could likely re-add the original waypoints as MIST pulls the original waypoints from the mission file but you may find it easier to do something like I did with triggers in the example above. You could run the MIST code as a DO SCRIPT when the group is in the trigger zone.

MIST userguide and details are here: https://github.com/mrSkortch/MissionScriptingTools

Hope that helps!

New version of the CTLD Script v.1.22

Added new Simulated Sling Load option.

I've been trying to track down what causes these intermittent crashes while sling loading but the problem on the VSAAF server just disappeared on its own... Which is annoying and odd.

If you do have crashes while Sling Loading, all is not lost as I've now added a new option for Simulated Sling Loading. Set the ctld.slingLoad option to false at the top of the script to use the simulated behaviour.

To pickup a crate in this mode, you don't need to use the F6 menu, just hover directly over the crate (which will be two generators side by side as the Crate static can't be destroyed) for 10 seconds and it will be "Hooked" (the object will disappear when this happens). Once hooked, fly to where you want and drop the crate using the CTLD Commands section of the F10 radio menu. Make sure you're not too high or the crate will be destroyed! You can only hook one crate at a time.

You can also just enable this option if you want to practice hovering :)

Make sure you have the latest MIST (3.7.51)!

These are great innovations! What about actual Airborne troops droppable by all helos, the C-130 and C-17?

I've been thinking about this for a while.

What I'd like to be able to do is spawn ejected pilots but that doesn't seem possible.

An alternative is to mod the c130 to drop bombs with a parachute, remove the bomb before it hits and make them soldiers.

The third option which I can do easily is make it so if you press drop troops, and you're above a certain height, the soldiers will spawn in a line following your flight. I'd delay the spawn for the amount of time it would take them to descend.

Does anyone know what the interval between soldier jumps from a large aircraft would be or the descent rate of a parachutist? Would soldiers ever parachute from a helicopter?

An alternative for helis is fast ropes. So if you're hovering, below a certain height, the soldiers will be dropped below you. How's that sound?

New version of the CTLD Script v.1.23

Change log:

• Added Fast Rope for troops - Hover below 60ft with speed less than 8km/h - Height configurable at the top of the script
  • Changed load order- if there are troops in a pickup zone, they'll be loaded first instead of getting fresh troops from the pickup zone
  • BUGFIX - You were able to load troops without landing

It was a 5 minute job so I've just added the Fast Rope option and made it configurable if you want to change the max height for dropping them or disable it.

I've not updated the README on GitHub yet but i'll get round to it tomorrow.

I have this issue for every spawned crate. Why this happens? What is wrong?

issue.png.68256013bbef8736932e5fd2ea36997e.png

System Specs:

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVidia GeForce GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 Gaming 4GB, FX 8350 4.0 Ghz ( Cooled by Custom Cooler ), 8GB DDR3 1600 Mhz , ASUS M5A97 R2.0, x1 240gb ssd (Windows) x1 120gb ssd (DCS World) x1 500gb hd, Thustmaster T Flight X, CH Pro Throttle and CH Pro Pedals

I have this issue for every spawned crate. Why this happens? What is wrong?

Can you post your mission file? Or PM me it?

Not sure its my script as there isn't an event handler anymore in CTLD and mine doesnt have that error message anywhere.

Have you definitely got the latest version of CTLD and MIST?

New version of the CTLD Script v.1.25

MAJOR CHANGE: Simulated Sling load is now default for multiplayer stability

To change back to real sling loading, just edit ctld.slingLoad and make it true.

Change log:

• Simulated Sling Load now Default
  • Ability To Drop Crates on a roof when landed
  • Moved Smoke commands back under CTLD
  • Ability to drop troops while landed on a roof

You can now drop crates (and pickup again) from a roof, but if you unpack it, the unit often falls through the building... You must also be landed on the roof when you drop the crate or it'll be destroyed. Not sure how to fix but i'll keep looking!

You can also now drop troops while landed on a roof but again they actually spawn on the ground, not on the building.

Hi Ciribob can you clarify one question please?

Are you saying that the stock sling load option for DCS could crash a MP mission when using together with CTLD scipt and you recomend to use the "Virtual " Option?

Thanks in advance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]