Can't Connect to Populated Servers

Interesting problem here. A couple days ago my DCS was working fine, I could connect to any server without trouble. Now, if I try to get into a server with about 10+ players online, it loads for upwards of 10-15 minutes, then sometimes shows me a quick flash of the role screen, then I get kicked back to the menu, with no error message. This happens for example trying to join the 104th with 30+ players.

However, when I connect to an empty server, or a server with only a couple people on it, it works fine, loads in a minute or two, and everything works happy.

I've tried repairing, using autoexec.cfg to change download and upload speeds, running low settings, high settings, and deleting my Saved Games\DCS folder. I've also checked my firewall, and made sure I had exceptions in my Antivirus. I didn't change anything as far as I know to make this problem start.

Some basic info:

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, F-5E

DCS is installed on an external SSD

Running Win10.

Attached is a log (turned into a txt so I could upload it) file where I first attempted to connect to the highly populated 104th, with ~35 people on it, then connected to the empty open conflict beta server.

dcs.txt

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin

Try dropping the attached autoexec.cfg into your C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS\Config folder and see if it helps.

May I kindly ask what this modified autoexec.cfg does ?

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

May I kindly ask what this modified autoexec.cfg does ?

It's been mentioned many times in past threads, it simply allows greater down/upstream data rates when connecting to servers, essential for when things get really busy - it contains:

if not net then net = {} end

net.download_speed = 1024*1024

net.upload_speed = 512*1024

I had a similar problem. I could not connect to any of the populated server but increasing terrain preload radius did the trick. ;) I had at set to approximately 50% and after numerous attempts with different Windows page file setting, switching firewall and antivirus off, this setting helped. I have it set to over 90% now with no apparent impact on the FPS and I am able to connect at every attempt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Server list and connecting is troublesome since the arrival of the Harrier. ED please stabilize it!

-Server list can be empty after fresh login or after a network play.

-Online servers not always listed.

-Program can stops responding during network load and fail to load. You must kill the simulator via command line PSKILL, because Win8.1 even unable to draw the task manager's window over the dead dcs.exe!

-You can get main menu after one second network game (slots list).

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

Well my problem's solved (Although I agree with discwalker). I had the autoexec.cfg in my config folder as stated in the original post. What worked for me was then removing it again...managed to connect to multiple populated servers. Odd that it didn't help until I took it away though. Hope these multiplayer problems are all solved in 2.5 ;)

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin

Actually, it's starting to look like it was SRS... I uninstalled it when I deleted autoexec.cfg, and now when I reinstall it, I can't connect. More testing must follow...

I hope you guys can figure this out, because I have exactly all of the same problems. I'll check out the mentioned possible solutions to see if any help. Thanks

Intel I7-3770K 4.1Ghz water cooled, 24GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz, PowerColor RX5700XT GPU, Asus P8Z77-V LK motherboard, Windows 10 on 64GB SanDisk SSD, DSC on 500GB Samsung SSD, purchased Cyberpower 11/27/2012