Help with rockets.

Swordfish

Hi,

Im really struggling with Akan rockets. They are infuriating. They always seem to land short, every f*****g time. QFE set, follow the Hud and manual. About 1 in 9 seem to on target, Ive tried various altitude, AOA, waiting longer to fire, no joy. Anyone have anytips or a proceedure?

Bombs I can use, even Toss bombing to some extent, but rockets are driving me mad.

thanks

Fish

Yes, they land short ... I learned to compensate and always point to a point 30 meters behind the real target :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

What are you using as the firing cue? The sight isn’t CCIP, it’s only correct when the “wings” on the flight path marker show up. See https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3034538&postcount=31

I am aware. If I follow the actual cue and fire on the wings it is ALWAYS short. I only have any success if i totally ignore the cues (normally firing point blank, might as well use highdrag bombs) or aim way above the target as others state above.

I fire when the wings appear ... that way my reflex will still be correct when Heatblur fixes this bug; its better to compensate by placing the aiming dot past the real target.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Just a thought, do you disable the target motion tracking (TAKT - 221 - LS/SKU)? It's on by default and if you're not absolutely pinpoint on during the dive it messes the solution for stationary target quite a lot.

Just a thought, do you disable the target motion tracking (TAKT - 221 - LS/SKU)? It's on by default and if you're not absolutely pinpoint on during the dive it messes the solution for stationary target quite a lot.

This! I was just to mention the same. I haven't tested it, but that might actually work!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Target motion tracking has been disabled as default setting some time after release.

Oh, I missed that. That's some great information, thanks!

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

I had tried turning off ranging, didnt realise it was already disabled.

thanks for the replies, at least I know it was just me, now i am aiming approx two dots above the target and getting consistent hits.

I know DYK bombing had some fixs for 2.2, so maybe it just needs fixing.

I had tried turning off ranging, didnt realise it was already disabled.

thanks for the replies, at least I know it was just me, now i am aiming approx two dots above the target and getting consistent hits.

I know DYK bombing had some fixs for 2.2, so maybe it just needs fixing.

I'm confused.

So turn on or turn off radar ranging is better ?

How about target motion tracking ?

It seems like Swordfish did confuse radar ranging with target motion measurement. Target motion measurement has been disabled by default according to MBot, which is good, but radar ranging should still be enabled by default, which is good as well.

So in short, for supposedly best results:

Target Motion Measurement: off (as per default)

Radar Ranging: on (as per default afaik)

Tornado3 small.jpg

It seems like Swordfish did confuse radar ranging with target motion measurement. Target motion measurement has been disabled by default according to MBot, which is good, but radar ranging should still be enabled by default, which is good as well.

So in short, for supposedly best results:

Target Motion Measurement: off (as per default)

Radar Ranging: on (as per default afaik)

attachment.php?attachmentid=175847&stc=1&d=1515501798

rogue-one-darth-vader-02.thumb.jpg.d2ba0ab2efb53ffa49602a1626f5c2fc.jpg

using version v1.5.8 I have exactly the same issue with rockets falling short (ANF, Radar ranging on, I assume target motion disabled as its been noted that its off by default now).

Pre-release is at a 10-30 degree dive, 600-900kph.

Wait for the wings, fire rockets, and they always land about 80-100m short of the target.

(I note that the in-game tutorial says release when the range line flashes (below the target pipper). I tried that, rockets fell even shorter of the target.)

However,

I went and tested it in v2.2 and the miss was much smaller to the point I could put it down to an unsteady hand.

Based on the above testing, I believe there may be an error either in the hud symbology alignment or the rocket ranging calculations in v1.5.8. It would be good to get some Developer feedback on this though I note that 2.5 is around the corner and that may fix the problem.

In the meantime, I'm using Swordfish's method of offsetting the target 2 pipper heights below the pipper itself.

Hi,

First of all: I love the Viggen!

Thanks Heatblur for this module! :)

I also have problems with rockets falling short in 1.5.8.

I did some testing and came up with that the problem might have to do with different temperatures.

To test it I just set up a small easy mission, starting in the air and putting the target at the old Kobuleti airfield(I think it is called that? The one that is like a little cross :) )

I put the flyover point exactly over the target.

The weather was just set to default with no wind at all.

At temperatures around 1 degrees celsius i found the rockets to be very accurate.

At high temperatures, like 35 degrees celsius they are falling short.

At low temperatures, like -30 degrees celsius they are falling long.

If someone else could test and confirm or deny this it would be good :)

Best regards,

M

Edited by surstromming

Help with rockets.

Just want to drop in and say that I can confirm that the rockets do consistently fall around 200m short for me too. I’ve spent the better part of last week and the whole weekend trying to figure out what is wrong and even though I did find some bugs (for example radar distance measurement was wrong) I haven’t quite nailed down the core issue. I might have had a break through last night though, eager to get home from work and try it out (after the diaper changes and all ) Thanks for the reports and your patience!

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Just want to drop in and say that I can confirm that the rockets do consistently fall around 200m short for me too. I’ve spent the better part of last week and the whole weekend trying to figure out what is wrong and even though I did find some bugs (for example radar distance measurement was wrong) I haven’t quite nailed down the core issue. I might have had a break through last night though, eager to get home from work and try it out (after the diaper changes and all ) Thanks for the reports and your patience!

Thanks for the update, that's great to hear! :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks Ragnar :thumbup:

If radar ranging is buggy that does imply other weapons (e.g. certain bomb delivery modes) should be effected as well, right?

PS: Congrats on the little one :)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Were you able to confirm?

2.2 seems to be working AOK- was curious if what you found broken in 1.5.8 would impact 2.2 - or as someone else pointed out, if temperature is the culprit and the rocket training mission in 1.5.8 is cold and my test in 2.2 is more 'normal' temp.

Thanks for all you do!

TJ

Awesome, have any luck with your fix sir?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]