Notices

Old 01-28-2020, 05:03 AM   #21
Fusedspine33

Quote:
Originally Posted by =DECOY= View Post
You and many others im sure.

Please can we stay ON topic

Decoy,

Taking a personal open shot at Viper for his critcism is unprofessional. You may not like being criticized but the lack of Harrier progress has earned it. The announcement of another project is concerning and customer responses can be sure to land on the thread where they are generated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Fusedspine33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 08:42 AM   #22
Cornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrohde View Post
I would love to see some discussion involving Razbam without viper2097's negativity... I guess you can't have one without the other around here.
"Optimism is lack of information". Nowhere's a better fit than here.

You just want to see that the harrier gets some real love (not only anouncements) and after several broken promises, missed updates, new modules and blah, blah, blah. You are you getting... "BO-105 - cooperation is official"
There should be more like viper2097 around here.

Member of "the small group here who are very vocal" inbound. Toxicity reaching danger levels. Forum is facing total destrution. Is there any hope for salvation?
Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 08:43 AM   #23
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusedspine33 View Post
Decoy,

Taking a personal open shot at Viper for his critcism is unprofessional. You may not like being criticized but the lack of Harrier progress has earned it. The announcement of another project is concerning and customer responses can be sure to land on the thread where they are generated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
And its not just the Harrier. The Mirage is currently in the worst state it has been in the past 3 years, much worse than it was a year ago
So yeah, while I'm happy that the Bo-105 has finally found a place to get airborne, it is quite concerning that RAZBAM is promising more and more modules, without being able to finish their first two modules...

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Last edited by QuiGon; 01-28-2020 at 09:15 AM.
QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 08:59 AM   #24
Snappy

Yea, like it or not, but I find the omnipresent criticism quite understandable.Given the state of the Mirage and Harrier and the somewhat glacial development pace on the many open issues and bugs, you can expect some blowback after announcing yet another new project on your already full plate, different development teams or not..

Instead of taking shots at customers, maybe you could elaborate on why the bug fixing is so slow despite the stated priority of completing/fixing your released modules or why many bug reports aren‘t even acknowledged anymore?

Regards,

Snappy

Last edited by Snappy; 01-29-2020 at 07:26 PM.
Snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 05:46 PM   #25
kotor633

Perhaps you have now reached the point by wiping out such manufacturers by simply ignoring them ... and discussing everything back and forth is of no use. At least I will, because there are other positive examples here at DCS.
Or is it now offtopic again ...?
kotor633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 04:09 PM   #26
BlackLightning

We are digressing quite a bit, but it just seems to me that, at this point, one more off-topic post after all the ones written in the Razbam subforum won’t be a problem.

I am not an expert on aircrafts systems and I can’t really tell whether problems that I encounter while using the Harrier happen because of my mistakes or because it’s a bug.
Surely the way they have addressed the ghost velocity vector issue makes me think that the criticism is proper.

On the other hand, I also think that being aggressive to the Razbam team will probably hinder their working progress because usually when you feel that everybody is against you, then you work worse. I’m sure they don’t intentionally want all those bugs to exist, either... .

Therefore, I think that if you want them to deliver, then you shouldn’t be aggressive. I myself dislike viper2097’s negativity, but this doesn’t mean that I dislike him as a person or his opinions: I just dislike the negativity.
I run DCS 2.5 using:
MasterWatt 550 semi-fanless and semi-modular,
core i7-3770 (4 cores @ 3.8 GHz) with 8 GB DDR3,
GTX1050 Ti (768 cores @ 1.8 GHz) with 4 GB GDDR5,
5.1 sound card,
240 GB SSD,
Windows 8.1,
T.16000M FCS Flight Pack (i. e. stick+throttle+rudder pedals),
opentrack
BlackLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 05:02 PM   #27
Kang

Just to add to the off-topic a tiny bit more:
Personally I agree that a certain criticism about a few things is well-deserved and proper, but by now it has gotten a bit annoying to myself that apparently every single thread in the RAZBAM area evolves into a raging debate about broken promises and general progress (or lack thereof) within the first two pages. I don't see much to be gained from it still.

On-topic I am glad to see that the development of the Bo-105 is making a step forward. MilTech-5 has gone through a long, long stretch of trouble with it and I certainly hope they get to reap their rewards. I have high hopes for the project and hope it'll be a great module when its time comes.
It is bound to be a partnership of the two teams. My guess is that a few things will have to be done differently than with projects done exclusively by one company. Will that be a good thing? I don't know, but I'm feeling a little optimistic today.
Kang is offline   Reply With Quote