Hardware advice

I have i5 3rd gen. 3.1 turbo 3.4 GHz, 12 GB DDR3 RAM and 760 GTX WindForce 3 2 GB GPU?

I am running everything fine on Medium details, heavy missions take 10 GB RAM so I presume I am fine with 12 ATM.

If I buy Nvidia 1070 8 GB .. will I be able to run HIGH with good FPS?

Does my PC has descent CPU and RAM to handle 1070 GPU without any bottleneck?

Thank you in advance.:helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Depends on screen resolution and what framerate you consider as "good". With an 8GB 1070 here, and rest of the spec as in my signature, plus 1440p monitor, I have to drop settings from mostly high to medium-high (without MSAA, but with a bit of FXAA on) to keep Caucasus and Normandy always above 60 fps, which is my personal preferrable minimum. Nevada is no problem, but with no trees it's the least hardware-hungry map nowadays. Mind you, I'm talking about minimum, as average framerate is in 70-100 range.

Microstutters are still a constant, damn problem everywhere, though.

On my old 1200p monitor, I had 15-20 fps more and could run the game at mostly high settings (minus MSAA again).

I'd say CPU might be a bit of a bottleneck for you, however.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

4th gen i5-3.5, 16gb ram DDR3, 1070 ti 8gb, 1080p, doesn't run smoothly on high, only medium to high, no msaa.

I am hoping upgrading my ram and cpu will smooth things out a bit.

Edited by Rowan