DCS: Combined Arms Wish List - Page 68 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-26-2018, 06:57 PM   #671
Emmy

Maybe be able to assemble and launch flights from the Game Master slot?

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php
High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.
www.crosswindimages.com
Emmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 11:45 PM   #672
USMC_Trev

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggy98 View Post
please fix 1st person view in VR.
+1x10^10

I tried it for a minute and the head movement was so disorienting I nearly puked.

I shouldn't have to go into settings and disable VR just to use CA in 1st person for any length of time.

i7 4770K OC'ed to 4.3, GTX 1070 Seahawk (OC'ed), Oculus Rift CV1, 32Gb RAM, 64-bit Windows 10
USMC_Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:38 PM   #673
levanoga

Posting one more time since I don't know if this is a Combined Arms related wish or not, but is it possible for ED to implement more toolbar options/buttons for the F10 command map? For instance:

-show/hide ground unit labels
-show/hide aircraft unit labels
-show/hide weapons/ordnance unit labels
-show/hide offset from bullseye

With a lot of ground and air units in a mission the map can get cluttered with labels of these units very fast. With the 3 new label options/buttons the CA commander would be able to remove the labels he would not need and make things more visible. Basically decluttering for the F10 map.

The bullseye offset option is also very bloody needed for people who use the F10 map and act as an AWACs/GCI. All that it would need to do was show the offset from bullseye to your mouse cursor. Or make an option to mark a point on a map that would act as an offset point only for the CA commander.

Any thoughts? I think this would be simpler to make than 90% of the things I see people wish for here.

Last edited by levanoga; 02-01-2018 at 06:06 AM.
levanoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 03:05 PM   #674
RocketmanAL

So I'm going to bring up the improved SAM aspect again. While everyone links SAM Simulator as kind of the peak of what we'd like done, I think in the short term some improvements to the Plan Position Indicator (PPI) would go a long way. Give us some more fine radar controls, ability to cue targets to other launchers in the battery, etc. No 3D modeling has to be done, and it's still pretty easily accessible.

In addition, please let us control larger SAMs like the SA-11 and SA-10! You could easily apply the PPI interface to the command vehicle in the battery. We just need a way to assign targets to each launcher in the battery. You could even give players control of the SA-11 launchers with the current set-up. They are equipped with an EO/IR sensor, there would just be no TAR for acquisition.

In the long run, what I would really love to see if some type of IADS networking. Something as simple as if an EW radar detects a target it gives a visual cue to a gunner in SAM, preferably in the PPI. From an AI perspective, it will allow AI SAMs to keep their radars off until a target is within range which makes SEAD more difficult and interesting. I can go on for a while about the benefits of doing a proper IADS within DCS, but I think it would foundationally change the way this game is played from a Combined Arms point of view.
RocketmanAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:29 AM   #675
Xpto

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketmanAL View Post
So I'm going to bring up the improved SAM aspect again. While everyone links SAM Simulator as kind of the peak of what we'd like done, I think in the short term some improvements to the Plan Position Indicator (PPI) would go a long way. Give us some more fine radar controls, ability to cue targets to other launchers in the battery, etc. No 3D modeling has to be done, and it's still pretty easily accessible.

In addition, please let us control larger SAMs like the SA-11 and SA-10! You could easily apply the PPI interface to the command vehicle in the battery. We just need a way to assign targets to each launcher in the battery. You could even give players control of the SA-11 launchers with the current set-up. They are equipped with an EO/IR sensor, there would just be no TAR for acquisition.

In the long run, what I would really love to see if some type of IADS networking. Something as simple as if an EW radar detects a target it gives a visual cue to a gunner in SAM, preferably in the PPI. From an AI perspective, it will allow AI SAMs to keep their radars off until a target is within range which makes SEAD more difficult and interesting. I can go on for a while about the benefits of doing a proper IADS within DCS, but I think it would foundationally change the way this game is played from a Combined Arms point of view.
This would be neat. Right now in 2.5, the radar detection horizon has changed drastically with the new trees and buildings LOS. It is a game changer for DEAD/SEAD and all tactics in general.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2018, 01:01 PM   #676
Odge

I don't wish for much. Just fix the inverted view in VR.
Odge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:35 PM   #677
DanielNL

Can't wait for player-controlled S-200 and 2K11 Krug to be added to the game at some point...
fixed 1st person Tunguska missile guidance

Dell Visor WMR, RX 580 8GB (2x HDMI), Ryzen 5 1600X (6C/12T)

DynamicDCS Discord: www.ddcs.ml featuring:
ressource point system to spawn AWACS, tankers, bombers - Harrier - CTLD - EWR - GCI - JTAC - Artillery - ground unit persistence (saved) on server restarts
DanielNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:41 PM   #678
DanielNL

And when Buk and Kub finally get player control, I forgot to add that.

ressource point system to spawn AWACS, tankers, bombers - Harrier - CTLD - EWR - GCI - JTAC - Artillery - ground unit persistence (saved) on server restarts
Old 03-01-2018, 09:19 AM   #679
Bufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielNL View Post
Can't wait for player-controlled S-200 and 2K11 Krug to be added to the game at some point...
I think that's never going to happen, since these are komplexes, not individual vehicles.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:45 PM   #680
DanielNL

And Kub and Buk are not komplex individual vehicles? (Would be enough if player controls them from command vehicle)

Tags
capture the island, command and conquer, cti, rts