DCS: Combined Arms Wish List - Page 62 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-20-2017, 08:09 AM   #611
Pikey
Veteran

CA to me is a tool to augment multiplayer or to use to finer control AI and provide human relationships if wanted and I don't think it's scope should be much more, but it should have better map tools and I find it a shame I have to pay for a 3rd party tool that provides an AWACS radar experience. I believe those COMMON interfaces, loosely based around the F10 map could be much better done and made into a radar interface, and still keep in scope about what CA is or should be. Again a JTAC screen would also be in scope and there could be plenty to flesh out here.

But lets not get into the overlap between what CA is and DCSW core engine is, as they do get muddled a lot. Optics and flir should be a comon game engine thing and was already slated for refinement.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:11 AM   #612
Pikey
Veteran

I looked at that once before as discussed. Whilst I dont think it's related to the CA product, this would be nice to have in game but was well beyond my hack and slash LUA skills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye60 View Post
Markindel's German Buzz Bomb mod fixed!

How cool would this be?

Set up 20 or 30 along a front and let loose!

Keep your head down!

I have this mod but have been unable to fix it.

Anyone want to look?

Would love to get this fixed!

This is just how he sent it to me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4zhe55gne...er_V1.zip?dl=0
Old 02-22-2017, 06:30 AM   #613
MasterZelgadis

My biggest wish for CA would be proper radios, so mission designers don't need to use "Sound to Coalition" and can send ther voiceovers over the radios.

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."
http://www.space-view.net
MasterZelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:46 AM   #614
MasterZelgadis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterZelgadis View Post
Another wish: Ground units should be able to reload from ammo-cargo-crates. So you can create missions where helicopters can resupply ground units via slingloading crates to them
Seems we got some sling loadable ammo crates now. Sadly, Tanks don't accept them as an ammo source in terms of reloading

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."
Old 02-23-2017, 04:04 PM   #615
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

Zelgadis, you can already do radio transmissions.

Use Advanced Waypoint Actions -> perform command -> set frequency

Then triggered actions -> perform command -> transmit message

Use AI TASK PUSH to trigger your ground unit to transmit your voiceover file on the intended frequency at the desired time.
feefifofum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 05:29 PM   #616
MasterZelgadis

Nope, you got me wrong. I want a radio transmission over a specific freq so the tactical commander or jtac can hear them. sound to [all/coalition] is the only option for that atm

Old 02-24-2017, 01:37 AM   #617
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

Ahhhhhh I got you, so the TC can hear radio transmissions. Carry on wishing then.
feefifofum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 01:13 PM   #618
CzarPeppers

I've read a number of the posts here, but here's my wishlist. I'm not trying to complain though, these are just a few of my ideas.

To put it as simply as possible, just copy the Wargame series.

... but to be a little bit more specific, and none of these apply to the direct vehicle control. In my opinion the first person control is pretty good as it is and I have no major complaints. It could just use a little polishing up in some areas.

-Better control of your units, the whole system of having to click on a unit, then hit the 'create path' button just seems a bit clunky and wastes precious seconds in tense situations. A system like most RTS games where the right click is automatically for unit movement would be preferable. For multiple way points the use of shift-click would work too.

-Still on unit control, having the ability to make tanks and other armoured vehicles reverse in order to fall back. As it is if you want to make your units fall back they'll turn around and move, in the case of tanks this exposes their weak rear armour. Having the ability to make them reverse out of a situation would make a big difference. Although I'm not sure how detailed the damage models for stuff like tanks is. It is entirely possibly the thickness isn't modeled to begin with.

-This one is a big one, being able to mount infantry into APCs or IFVs. This would make a big difference, because is it stands infantry is pretty useless in Combined Arms. I suppose they can be effective in a defense role, but for offensive action they're pretty useless.

-Being able to order your infantry to advance behind armoured vehicles. If for whatever reason the ability to mount infantry wasn't possible this could be another solution.

-The ability to have a proper view of the map, being able to see all the buildings easily. As it is there are outlines for buildings, but although some of them are accurate, many aren't. So I find many situation where I thought I had put a a unit behind a building, but hazzah! There is no building.

-An update to the Black Sea map. I have heard that this is underway, but I thought I'd include it nonetheless. This is something that's really needed for vehicles and even helicopters. There are a lot of weird map things particularly in the mountains. It can make flying a chopper rather strange, trees floating in the air, strange areas where it looks like there's two layers of ground. I'm not saying that at ground level everything should look like Arma 3, but even just a slight improvement to the textures, smoothing out the terrain and rounding off some the those awkward hard angle edges would make a huge difference.

-Possibly some kind of ability to create defenses such as trenches, bunkers etc while play would be nice. But that might be going a bit to far, I'm sure some would agree with that. After all at the end of the day its a flight simulator.

-Get rid of the health bars for a proper damage model system.

Well those are the main things I've thought while playing Combined Arms.
CzarPeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:02 AM   #619
WRAITH

Location: Sims now are a mutation of old Dinosaur DNA mixed with Cow & Horse waste made into Hamburgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarPeppers View Post
I've read a number of the posts here, but here's my wishlist.................
+1

I am really hoping when all is good under the Heavens and "THE MERGE" is complete that DCS-WORLD + COMBINED ARMS becomes more of a "Air Combat War Strategy Simulation" game with a World Map environment would be the ideal as new MAP Tools are released for Map making by 3 Parties and community modding I hope.

Also where you have Red vs Blue Forces in a plethora of air craft and military might in Air - Land - Sea.

I could go nuts here and explain in detail what I want but those in the sim world know exactly what the dream sim would look like so we wait.............

*** AGAINST "CYBER BULLYING" AND ONLINE MALICE - WHICH IS ABUSE & UNKIND FOR PEOPLES WELL BEING ***

"GAMERS - TAKE CARE OF - GAMERS"
- 你必须做出选择
MMA/UFC - "Conor McGregor" - Forever UFC CHAMP!

Last edited by WRAITH; 05-01-2017 at 11:06 AM.
WRAITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 12:17 PM   #620
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

Quote:
I've read a number of the posts here, but here's my wishlist. I'm not trying to complain though, these are just a few of my ideas.

To put it as simply as possible, just copy the Wargame series.
The main problem has actually not new features in the horizon, only "plans" in the Oblivion. The CA team has very small and some years ago we dont see a "real" develop update about CA, only sporadic bug fixes in the successive patchs. Some years ago wags and other talk about some improvement, but surely has delayed with the successive DCS: World paths by more urgent features and no spare time to CA.

Quote:
-This one is a big one, being able to mount infantry into APCs or IFVs. This would make a big difference, because is it stands infantry is pretty useless in Combined Arms. I suppose they can be effective in a defense role, but for offensive action they're pretty useless.

-Being able to order your infantry to advance behind armoured vehicles. If for whatever reason the ability to mount infantry wasn't possible this could be another solution.
The infantry load/unload feature has actually on rework, but only to the transport helos. The "planed" IFV/IPC troop transport capability has never "complete". Await some news about them.

Quote:
-An update to the Black Sea map. I have heard that this is underway, but I thought I'd include it nonetheless. This is something that's really needed for vehicles and even helicopters. There are a lot of weird map things particularly in the mountains. It can make flying a chopper rather strange, trees floating in the air, strange areas where it looks like there's two layers of ground. I'm not saying that at ground level everything should look like Arma 3, but even just a slight improvement to the textures, smoothing out the terrain and rounding off some the those awkward hard angle edges would make a huge difference.
Caucasus map has actually in progress to update to T-4 map engine (the same as NTTR and Normandy), some months ago, wags post some pics about Caucasus update.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...6&postcount=44

That coming after Normandy release.

Quote:
-Get rid of the health bars for a proper damage model system.
Not planned actually, not sure if after the new Aircraft / Helo DM has implemented, other as vehicles or ships can be get a update DM

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Spanish 4Th Perrus Squadon Member: http://www.4thperrus.com
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
capture the island, command and conquer, cti, rts