DCS: Combined Arms Wish List - Page 70 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-03-2018, 09:01 AM   #691
Tomcat84

Ability as JTAC to access to UAV feeds and ability to task them where to point their sensors, generate cat 1 MGRS grids as required etc. Ability to see video downlink from other assets (A-10s, Hornets etc) would be nice too.
Tomcat84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:21 PM   #692
Scorpion27

A good idea would be to have:
* an infantry JTAC (avoid beeing killed by a tank when driving a humvee from 3km away), capable of moving around,
*artillery ballistic computer that would give fire solution to controlled artillery unit (ryght now its just rough distance/direction) - that would give a great tool for fire missions on call from other player : JTAC/ FAC(A)/helo...whoever needs arty support
*different types of ammo for arty (HE, SMOKE, ILLUM, maybe lase guided Copperhead/EXcalibur shells)
Scorpion27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 06:17 AM   #693
gunterlund21

Its probably been stated but we really need some towed artillery for both combined arms and the wwii pack.
Old 06-10-2018, 01:03 PM   #694
xvii-Dietrich

I would recommend adding to Combined Arms an...

Air-Traffic Control Tower Unit.

• This is a simple tower building which can be placed on an airfield (or anywhere, really),
  • It can be occupied by a CA player (similar to the WW2 fortification asset Fire Control Bunker),
  • It gives them an elevated overview position to watch the airfield traffic,
  • It would have a radar display (just like the SAM SA-8 Osa 9A33) so they could monitor traffic.
  • There would be no weapons (there is no need... it is a monitoring position).

Although ATC can just use the F10 map to carry out the necessary functions, the ability to be on the field itself does add considerably to the immersion.
xvii-Dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 11:34 PM   #695
Lunatic98

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunterlund21 View Post
Its probably been stated but we really need some towed artillery for both combined arms and the wwii pack.
Abso-freaking-lutely this!

For me I'd love to see more features implemented on ground vehicles: improved damage model, proper suspension/track/wheel physics and animations, gun stabilisers, realistic amphibious equipment and capabilities, animated hatches and covers, smoke grenades/emitters, lights, support struts (which actually keep a platform level as well), proper systems implementation on SAMs/AD systems where possible etc.

For the damage model, it only really need to have major exterior and interior component damage (exactly like AI aircraft, so I can't see how there would be a massive drain on resources, unless lots of things are happening all at once) for instance major armour panels/layers/modules, engines, transmission, crew, guns, optics, radars etc.
  • More vehicle variants where applicable, maybe add some combat engineering and logistics vehicles.
  • Slingload applicable vehicles/towed artillery etc
  • Implement trailer coupling/decoupling (I think that's already WIP)
  • Modern coastal defence units
  • CA functionality to watercraft
  • Prepared entrenchments for tanks and artillery
  • More infantry types for different countries, maybe add the ability to change loadout/camouflage instead of just listing infantry w. xxxx weapon
  • More mobile surveillance RADARs that can be player controlled
  • Formation as advanced waypoint action/trigger

The holy grail is of course a full fidelity module/module pack, something approaching DCS aircraft, full player interaction with advanced systems dynamics and ground dynamics model.

I really don't mind what vehicle it might be is, I'd even love a full fidelity BRDM-2 module, or a HMMWV or something. Of course for me things like the M60A1 AOS/RISE/RISE-P, Centurion Mk10/Mk13, Chieftain Mk5/Mk10, Stritsvagen 103, Leopard 1A1 (or even the 1A3 we have now), PT-76, T-62/64/72/80 etc. Not just tanks and MBTs but also ARVs, APCs, IFVs, ACs, SPGs, SPAD, mobile RADAR, combat engineering etc, whatever it is I'm interested (for me I'm mostly interested in vehicles from the 60s through to the early 90s). The more vehicles, whatever they might be, the merrier.
PC Specs: AMD FX-6300, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2x4GB) Sapphire Radeon 7870XT, Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Saitek X52 Pro, Track IR 5 with Track Clip Pro

Modules I own: AJS-37, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, MiG-15Bis, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, A-10C, UH-1H, FC3, Hawk, C-101, P-51D

Last edited by Lunatic98; 06-13-2018 at 12:13 AM.
Lunatic98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:14 PM   #696
LeVince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion27 View Post
A good idea would be to have:
* an infantry JTAC (avoid beeing killed by a tank when driving a humvee from 3km away), capable of moving around,
*artillery ballistic computer that would give fire solution to controlled artillery unit (ryght now its just rough distance/direction) - that would give a great tool for fire missions on call from other player : JTAC/ FAC(A)/helo...whoever needs arty support
*different types of ammo for arty (HE, SMOKE, ILLUM, maybe lase guided Copperhead/EXcalibur shells)
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat84 View Post
Ability as JTAC to access to UAV feeds and ability to task them where to point their sensors, generate cat 1 MGRS grids as required etc. Ability to see video downlink from other assets (A-10s, Hornets etc) would be nice too.
+1 too

The ability to see vidéo downlink from other assets is available with the TS plugin UniversRadio. So it should be possible to add this in the CA module
Old 07-06-2018, 11:29 AM   #697
Skitter

Dear Santa,

Having some experience in Combined Arms, I believe it would be a good idea to assign specific units to specific Ground Commanders.

Then, they could receive messages from their units:
- contacts
- casualties
etc...
Skitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 09:29 AM   #698
VladMordock

I've just a small wish comparing to the others - posibility to spawn units during the multiplayer game from Game Master slot, that would be a game changer.
Old 07-29-2018, 03:10 PM   #699
gunterlund21

Make the at infantry mod part of the combined arms unit suite so we don't have to load as a mod
Old 07-29-2018, 03:46 PM   #700
DanielNL

"at infantry mod" ? You mean "AT infantry" mod? as "anti-tank" ?
experienced GCI, Mirage 2000C and AV-8B pilot - OP BlueFlag veteran since 2014
Dell Visor WMR, RX 580 8GB (2x HDMI), Ryzen 5 1600X (6C/12T)
Buddyspike BlueFlag discord, most cooperative DCS PvP server: blueflag.ml featuring: F-18 - Harrier - CTLD - EWR - GCI
DanielNL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
capture the island, command and conquer, cti, rts