Liveries LUA

PicksKing

Hi guys,

I am experimenting with some liveries for the Spitifre. I think Im pretty good in texturing but I totally suck in understanding these description.lua-files. Everytime I change some lines to include my own spec map for instance, the entire skin doesnt work anymore. So I hope somebody can help me understand each line in these lua-files.

Maybe there already is a guide into this topic, which I didnt find yet. I found some tutorial series about that

but it didnt help me much. Maybe there is something better and more specified to the spitfire.

The objective is to create a plausible spitfire skin of a booty aircraft which was used by the Luftwaffe. This skin should have the historically correct numberation pattern, which clearly differs from the british numberation and it also should have its own specular map. Aaand it has to be available only for the third reich. Basically I thought I understand how to put in an own specular map and restrict the availability but it simply doesnt work.

Any help is welcome.

Edited by PicksKing

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

This is the current status. Where is my mistake?

livery = {
{"SpitfireIX", 0 ,"SpitfireIX_NZG_X",false};            //my own texture
{"SpitfireIX", 1 ,"SpitfireIX_NM",true};                  //it shall take the normal map from original source
{"SpitfireIX", 2 ,"SpitfireIX_NZG_X_SPEC",false};  //my own spec map

{"NUMBER_L_0", 0 ,"SpitfireIX_NZG_X",false};      //from here downward I changed nothing but the file names and nation restrictions.
{"NUMBER_L_00", 0 ,"SpitfireIX_NZG_X",false};

{"NUMBER_L_000", 0 ,"SpitfireIX_NZG_X",false};
{"NUMBER_L_000", DECAL ,"empty",true};
{"NUMBER_L_F3_0", 0 ,"SpitfireIX_NZG_X",false};
{"NUMBER_L_F3_0", DECAL ,"empty",true};
{"NUMBER_L_F3_00", 0 ,"SpitfireIX_NZG_X",false};
{"NUMBER_L_F3_00", DECAL ,"empty",true};
{"NUMBER_L_F3_000", 0 ,"SpitfireIX_NZG_X",false};
{"NUMBER_L_F3_000", DECAL ,"empty",true};

{"NUMBER_R_0", 0 ,"SpitfireIX_NZG_X",false};
{"NUMBER_R_0", DECAL ,"empty",true};
{"NUMBER_R_00", 0 ,"SpitfireIX_NZG_X",false};

{"NUMBER_R_000", 0 ,"SpitfireIX_NZG_X",false};
{"NUMBER_R_F3_0", 0 ,"SpitfireIX_NZG_X",false};
{"NUMBER_R_F3_0", DECAL ,"empty",true};
{"NUMBER_R_F3_00", 0 ,"SpitfireIX_NZG_X",false};
{"NUMBER_R_F3_00", DECAL ,"empty",true};
{"NUMBER_R_F3_000", 0 ,"SpitfireIX_NZG_X",false};
{"NUMBER_R_F3_000", DECAL ,"empty",true};

{"NUMBER_R_F3_N", 0 ,"SpitfireIX_NZG_X",false};
{"NUMBER_R_F3_N", DECAL ,"empty",true};
{"NUMBER_R_F3_NN", 0 ,"SpitfireIX_NZG_X",false};
{"NUMBER_R_F3_NN", DECAL ,"empty",true};
{"NUMBER_L_F3_N", 0 ,"SpitfireIX_NZG_X",false};
{"NUMBER_L_F3_N", DECAL ,"empty",true};
{"NUMBER_L_F3_NN", 0 ,"SpitfireIX_NZG_X",false};
{"NUMBER_L_F3_NN", DECAL ,"empty",true};

{"SpitfireIX_PROP_2_color", 0 ,"SpitfireIX_Prop_2_color_yellow",false};
{"SpitfireIX_PROP_2_color_0", 0 ,"SpitfireIX_Prop_2_color_yellow_0",false};	

}
name = "NZG-X"
name_ru = "HCГ-X"
countries = {"NZG", "GER"}

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

When you say it doesn't work.. do mean there is the no texture error or the default shows?

I have not touched the Spit yet but I'm trying to do some RAF B-17 liveries where like you I can't get them to load.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

When you say it doesn't work.. do mean there is the no texture error or the default shows?

I have not touched the Spit yet but I'm trying to do some RAF B-17 liveries where like you I can't get them to load.

Oh... yes. A bit more information about the error would be useful. It just shows the default texture.

My texture itself is fine. It works well when I copy it into an already existing livery folder and rename it accordingly.

I watched your tutorials so you might have a lot experience and when even you cant get the files in load, then maybe its not yet prepared by ED to do so and we have to wait.

Honestly I hope for another skin contest soon because in the last contest, some winner skins made it into the game. What its worth if only you can see your skin so I hope to do the same that anybody can see it without caring about mods.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]