My Bug List so far

SUI - Mustang

Fly at the morning some engagements against F14 F15, yesterday and today last 2 Hours on online Server.

The AIM-9 Seeker Tone in single player work literally normal, but in online Match up it's nearly impossible to get the seeker tone, was DM Mode with radar lock range but no Seeker Tone with uncaged Seeker.

After 2 Min behind MIG-21 can fire only one Missile.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Don't know if it has been mentioned or not but when doing the instant action cold start, prior to engine start up, in most aircraft I turn on the interior lights. When I turn on the Engine Instruments rotary in the F-5 it seems to turn on the interior flood light instead.

That's how it should be. If you don't have generator power or exterior power, turning on internal lights will give you emergency flood lights. Once you spool engines and the gens kick in, it will change back.

My YouTube channel with tutorials and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9DrfLPXfwn2Iy-iANeux8w :pilotfly:

System:

I7 3770K, Asus GTX970, 16GB DDR3, 2x250GB Samsung SSD, 46Inch LG TV main Screen, 2x 24Inch Samsung secondary screens, Thrustmaster Warthog, CH Flight Rudder Peddals Pro, TrackIR 5

Well, is your wingman actually transmitting? Contact him to make him broadcast a reply.

Yes I guess I should have mentioned that, he was transmitting contacts, actions (Fox-2), and command replies.

My Specs:

Win 10 Pro 64bit/ i7 6770K 4.5Ghz/32GB DDR4/ GTX 1070 SC/Samsung SSD

Warthog Stick/TWCS Throttle/TrackIR 5

Maybe a sound issue, I don't know. There is a definite "hiss" sound that starts as you accelerate and the needle passes over the landing gear minimum speed marker on the airspeed gauge. Then goes away as you slow down through that same marker. Landing gear are up throughout.

486DX w/turbo button

Are the taxi and landing lights working for you guys ? I've read that some of you have problems with them on VR, but in my case I can't see any light ( Without VR )

So.. is a bug or I need to activate something apart the taxi and landing lights switch ? :helpsmilie:

-The AI F-5 can shoot aim-9 head on and they track, while they are only read aspect for players.

This seems to be a general DCS problem. The same issue exists with the heaters carried by the MiG-21.

Are the taxi and landing lights working for you guys ? I've read that some of you have problems with them on VR, but in my case I can't see any light ( Without VR )

So.. is a bug or I need to activate something apart the taxi and landing lights switch ? :helpsmilie:

The lighting bug in VR is with all aircraft, not just the F5.

I have only played with the F5 landing lights once. They shined on the ground but they didn't light up themselves if I remember right.

I have only played with the F5 landing lights once. They shined on the ground but they didn't light up themselves if I remember right.

I'm not on VR, still using trackir, and I have yet to fly the F-5 at night but I sure can't see anything when I activate the taxi/landing lights. They dont deploy or turn on. Maybe a bug?

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Mm.. in my case I can't see any light, and the ground isn't illuminated.. maybe the bug only happen at hot start.. Will try it again.. Thanks ! :thumbup:

- Rear/main wheels lock up way too easily when using the brakes (at very low speed, like 20 km/h)

- Nose wheel turning is too sensitive.

- During ejection, pilot punches out from the fuselage behind the cockpit, but not from the cockpit itself.

Have not spent too much time with the plane yet but I noticed the sensitivity of the NWS. Far too sensitive.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

When doing a cold start, flood light and other panel illumination switches have different default settings depending on mission time.

Thanx for clarifying. However it doesn't explain why the cockpit lighting is depending on time of day... All pictures taken after placing a single F-5E with setting "takeoff from ramp" in the mission editor. The only user input is me flipping the battery switch for the last two. Also notice that the hangar is even more lit up by the sun in the last pic since it is right in front of the hangar door, so the flood light would be easier to spot in the first of these two images.

Cold start at 12.00 (notice switch positions):

attachment.php?attachmentid=145020&d=1469399148

Cold start at 19.30 (again notice switch positions):

attachment.php?attachmentid=145019&d=1469399148

Cold start 12:00 with battery ON. No flood lights visible:

attachment.php?attachmentid=145021&d=1469399311

Cold start at 19.30. Battery ON. Flood lights clearly visible:

attachment.php?attachmentid=145022&stc=1&d=1469399324

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

Mm.. in my case I can't see any light, and the ground isn't illuminated.. maybe the bug only happen at hot start.. Will try it again.. Thanks ! :thumbup:

I don't see anything with the Landing lights they don't extend with Switch selected on and gear down.

Not really a bug (maybe) but good lord the sensitivity of the rudder/nosewheel when on the ground. Yikes.

I ended up reducing the Y-saturation to 25 and put in a curve of 30 on the rudder.

That's probably too much as I'm sure that may limit the maneuvers you can do in flight as a result.

Anyone else want to post up what (if anything) they did for saturations and/or curves on all their axis?

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

Might have missed something (very likely) but once the tail hook is lowered, I cannot raise it.

Also found it impossible to recover from a flat spin. I'll try again tonight.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Might have missed something (very likely) but once the tail hook is lowered, I cannot raise it.

Also found it impossible to recover from a flat spin. I'll try again tonight.

It's not a naval aircraft. Hook is for emergencies only and can't be raised from the cockpit.

Manual indicates you're unlikely to recover from a flat spin. Avoid getting into that situation in the first place.

It's not a naval aircraft. Hook is for emergencies only and can't be raised from the cockpit.

Manual indicates you're unlikely to recover from a flat spin. Avoid getting into that situation in the first place.

Hook, yup. Hard to resist pushing that button staring you in the face. My way of cockpit/aircraft familiarization.

Sure I'll avoid the flat spin. I was just pushing the envelope to see what she would/would not do. Now I know...thanks for the advice. LOL!

Manual! "I don't need no fricken manual!" "Kick the the tires and light the fires!" "Request takeoff"

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Here's one I didn't see listed. Every time I login to DCS 2.0, and drop down with the F-5. Just as soon as I hit Fly. It starts rolling backwards. Unless I put the throttle in idle mode, then and only then will it stop w/o hitting anything else. Now this happened to me with 1.5 as well but I was just re-installing (recovery from virus long story). So I had to get my triple display to function correctly. I had to reset all my settings. Either that, or something else changed. Either way it works correctly in 1.5 now, and I can't for the life of me remember what it was I did to correct the issue (TBI wreaks havoc on ones memory). Someone please help?

I've noticed that whenever I press Nosewheel Steering (either S or my DirectX button) the radio menu cycles.

Not a bug, it's a feature: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=171320

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

hi sorry for delay getting back, been out of town. I was talking About the fuel gages mostly, as the engines are mostly separated.

my fault, sorry for the confusion.

after more flight time I have found that with the instr. lites turned down I can see them, but not as distinct as in rakuzards' post

sorry for delay and confusion, and the module is awsome

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]