Mission Editor Scripts library

A list of Lua-scripts for the ME

I thought it would be a good idea to start making a list of all the various Lua scripts for the mission editor that has cropped up but become hidden in all the posts in this section. Would appreciate suggestions, help keeping it up-to-date and maybe even stickied?

TAPATALK USERS! This post doesn't display properly within Tapatalk, use web view instead.

Air defence enhancements

Autonomous CAP and GCI AI fighter script (Author: SNAFU) Generates random aerial defense of both coalitions territories, including Combat Air Patrols that guard a specific area from air threats or interceptors that attack enemy aircraft that has been detected by radar when crossing the border between the coalitions. Date posted: 02-06-2014 - DCS version 1.2.7

Detection Script (Author: Mbot) More realistic visual detection for SHORAD systems. Date posted: 12-08-2013 - DCS version 1.2.6

FLAK script (Author: SiThSpAwN/Stonehouse) Adds anti-air artillery barrages over an area. Date posted: 06-27-2014 - DCS version 1.2.8

Ground Controlled Intercept and divertables (Author: RagnarDa) Launches and diverts interceptors/fighters on aircrafts detected by radar (AWACS or EWR). Includes functionality to divert AI aircrafts and steer player fighters. Date posted: 07-08-2014 - DCS version 1.2.8

Integrated Air Defence System (Author: Grimes) Makes the SAMs and radar stations cooperate with each other to make life significantly more nasty for anything flying above. Date posted: 12-24-2013 - DCS version 1.2.6/1.2.7 beta

Smarter SAMs (Author: Prof_hilactic) Air defences with self-preservation. Will make the SAM operators try to evade incoming anti-radiation missiles by turning off their radars and moving a bit, as they would in real life. Date posted: 10-21-2013 - DCS version 1.2.6

Alternative game styles

Air-racing (Author: steve2112) Race through gates in the shorthest amount of time possible. Date posted: 01-13-2016 - DCS version 2.0

Capture The Flag (Author: RagnarDa) Classic multiplayer game style where two teams tries to steal the other teams flag and put it in their own base. Date posted: 10-21-2013 - DCS version 1.2.6

Cross-Country Racing (Author: Joe Kurr) Compete in getting from point A to point B in the shortest amount of time. Date posted: 09-28-2016 DCS version 1.5.4

Multiplayer Racing (Author: BB.) Create race courses to challenge your friends who is the fastest airman. Date posted: 01-05-2014 - DCS version 1.2.6/1.2.7 beta

Continuity or ambiance enhancements

Auto-Script (Author: Raf) Simplifies the creation of missions with infinitely respawning units or spawning groups on command. Date posted: 11-23-2013 - DCS version 1.2.6

Automatic Ground Warfare (Author: xcom) Makes units only move when they have air-cover. Date posted: 07-26-2014 - DCS version 1.2.10

Function to randomly select a route (Author: Bushmanni) Have AI units select a route to move randomly from a pre-defined list. Date posted 02-03-2014 DCS version 1.2.7

Random air traffic (Author: SNAFU) Populates airbases with random ambient air traffic that will take-off and land randomly. Date posted: 01-08-2014 - DCS version 1.2.6/1.2.7 beta

Tanker Respawn Script (Author: St3v3f) Ensures there are always a tanker available. Date posted: 02-06-2014 - DCS version 1.2.7

Ground forces enhancements

Artillery Enhancement (Author: Mbot) Artillery groups will function much more independent and will for example evade and return counter barrages. Date posted: 06-23-2013 - DCS version 1.2.6

Dismounts Script (Author: Mbot) Adds infantry that dismounts and mounts ground vehicles like Armored Personnel Carriers or Infantry Vehicles or trucks etc. Date posted: 07-07-2013 - DCS version 1.2.6

Suppression Fire Script (Author: Mbot) Makes ground units suppressable by firing on them. Date posted: 12-13-2013 - DCS version 1.2.6

Helicopter missions

Anti-Submarine Warfare (Author: Mbot) Search for and sink submerged submarines using sonobouys, torpedos and more. Date posted: 11-03-2013 DCS version 1.2.6

Cargo Sling Load Assistance (Author: spinter) Gives audio cues to the pilot when picking up and dropping off sling-loaded cargo. Date posted: 07-21-2014 DCS version 1.2.8

Complete Troops Transport Script (Author: geloxo) Pick up troops or logistics and transport them. Date posted: 07-12-2013 DCS version 1.2.5

Dynamic Extraction Team Spawning (Author Psyrixx) Transport a extraction team that will disembark from your helicopter and go pick up an objective. Date posted: 05-15-2013 - DCS version 1.2.5

Dynamic Medical Evacuation & Search And Rescue (Author: RagnarDa) Rescue the crew members of destroyed ground or air vehicles. Date posted: 01-05-2014 - DCS version 1.2.6/1.2.7 beta

Naval Rescue (Author: Mbot) Rescue the sailors on a burning boat. Included in a mission and not released separate. Date posted: 10-10-2013 DCS version 1.2.6

Land Rescue (Author: RagnarDa) Spawn people randomly over a given area and then you pick them up with a virtual winch. Keeps scores on who in a multiplayer match rescues the most persons. Date posted: 10-09-2013 DCS version 1.2.6

Simple infantry transport (Author: RagnarDa) Pick up troops at a designated place using F10 radio menu, drop them off anywhere. Date posted: 05-13-2013 DCS version 1.2.4

Troop pickup/dropoff via radio command (Author: Deck) Transport infantry units. Date posted: 05-15-2013 - DCS version 1.2.5

Training

BDU bomb practicing (Author: SNAFU) Practice bombing and rocket runs and tells you how near you hit. Date posted: 06-28-2013 - DCS version 1.2.5

Traning Range (Author: Cougar) Creates weapon ranges and keeps score for when the player hits targets. Date posted: 11-24-2013 - DCS version 1.2.6

Statistics

Other

Casualty Counter (Author: BAntDit) Shows how many units have been destroyed in the mission. Date posted: 04-28-2013 - DCS version 1.2.4

Statistics Script (Author: xcom) Saves statistics about the mission to a file. Date posted: 04-12-2014 - DCS version 1.2.7

Airborne Forward Air Controller (Author: SNAFU) Call in airstrikes by A.I. planes from your flying machine. Date posted: 08-29-2013 - DCS version 1.2.5

Combat Search And Rescue/Slot blocking (Author: St3v3f) If a player is shot down, the client slot will be disabled until a CSAR picks up the pilot and returns him to an airport. Date posted: 08-06-2013 DCS version 1.2.5

Explode Missed AI A2A Missiles (Author: Grimes) Explodes missed A/A missiles so the AI will fire more of them. Date posted: 07-28-2014 DCS version 1.2.10

Helicopter Script library (Author: wolle) A large scripting library with functions mostly related to helicopters, but also things like airsuperiority battle-generation and re-supply convoy generation. Date posted 03-21-2014 DCS version 1.2.7

JTAC Auto Target and Laze (Author: Ciribob) Let's AI JTAC automatically track and follow targets with IR-pointer, laser and smoke. Date posted: 09-04-2015 - DCS version 1.5

Mission Scripting Tools (Author: Grimes and Speed) A convenient library with a large collection of functions to reduce time needed for developing scripts. Required by some of the scripts in this list. Date posted: 09-25-2013 - DCS version 1.2.6

Edited by RagnarDa
Added steve2112's air-racing script and ciribobs auto-laze script.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Not scripts but related

Browser-Based Multiplayer Mission Planner (Author: [FSF]Ian) A multiplayer mission editor for DCS: World that only allows you to edit the waypoints of playable aircraft of a specific coalition. Date posted: 04-05-2014 - DCS version 1.2.8

Master Arms Mission Template (Author: Rivvern) A mission template with pre-configured features including: preset assets, on call air assets, Dynamic Medevac script, Dynamic CGI/CAP script, Integrated Air Defense Script and State save for the Browser-Based Multiplayer Mission Planner Date posted: 05-07-2014 - DCS version 1.2.8

Realistic Mission Editor Templates (Author: Stuka) Want to quickly place a Soviet Mechanized Infantry Battalion in your mission? Now you can. Date posted: 09-24-2013 - DCS version 1.2.5

Slmod (Author: Speed) A mod for multiplayer servers to add functionality like kicking/banning players and more. Date posted: 05-29-2013 - DCS version 1.2.4

Witchcraft (Author: [FSF]Ian) A real-time Lua debug console and dynamic mission editor. Date posted: 07-04-2014 - DCS version 1.2.8

Note: The DCS versions are quite approximate cause I don't remember when the updates was released.

Is there something missing or are the info unclear? Please let me know! And also, make sure you give feedback to the authors and post the missions you make with the scripts - that will make them insanely happy and proud! biggrin.gif

Edited by RagnarDa
First post hit character limit

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

you can add the counting casualties of aircrafts, vehicles and infantry from BAntDit

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1735325&postcount=64

Great find! I've added it. It's really difficult to remember and find all the posts and I have only checked the English side...

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

Awesome post! Thank you.

Agreed!! This is great stuff. Thanks for putting this post together, very very helpful! :thumbup:

+ 1

~ LA

~ LA

[sIGPIC]sigpic89379_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Intel Core Haswell i5-4670K OC @ 4.2GHz | Asus Z87-Plus mobo | 16GB DDR3 @ 1600 Ram | Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 OC w/ 8GB memory | Oculus Rift w/ Touch Controllers | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack | Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG |Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 4 C‬lip | Helios

Black Knights Squadron Member

I know a lot of these scripts depend on dynamically added units- thought I'd link to this post reporting a bug that seems to be causing difficulties:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=118708

It looks like they've identified a pretty substantial server side memory leak and I THINK it's pointing at dynamically added ground units.

Just be aware.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Mission Editor Scripts library

Thanks guys it really means a lot! And hooray a thread I started was sticky-ed!

I know a lot of these scripts depend on dynamically added units- thought I'd link to this post reporting a bug that seems to be causing difficulties:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=118708

It looks like they've identified a pretty substantial server side memory leak and I THINK it's pointing at dynamically added ground units.

Just be aware.

Nicely reported bug! Community at its best. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. Meanwhile we do have 1.2.6 that work fine (dual installs FTW!).

Edit: The OP doesn't display properly in Tapatalk for me. Any suggestions for why?

Edited by RagnarDa

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

• 5 weeks later...
Oh cool, I'm on that list twice :D

Was scratching my head, "what does he mean twice"? Didn't realize the two names. I changed it to your forum name to lessen mine and others confusion :D

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Thought there was a good script out there that would randomly generate airborne opponents ... don't remember where I saw it.

Sounds familiar to anyone?

Do you mean this or this maybe?

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Btw, I see that the list has become quite long and unwieldy, so I am looking for suggestions to other ways to organize it. Anyone have any ideas?

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

@Ragnar, no worries ;D you are a volunteer after all lol

The wikis are a good idea but most new people would find the forum first so I feel that the list needs a presence here too. Perhaps separate the feedback/questions/updates part from the actual posts containing the info and links?

On a separate note it probably is a good idea for the Autonomous CAP and GCI script to either point or mention the community versions here http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2114601&postcount=137 as between all the various people who've worked on it since Snafu went on leave it has come quite a long way.

Cheers,

Stoney

PS Idea came just after posting. Is there anyway to make the info posts updateable by someone other than you Ragnar? That might make it easier to keep them up to date although it would expose them to malicious intent I guess.

Edited by Stonehouse

I'm starting to create a page on the hoggit wiki. Gonna organize it a little differently and list dependencies. Since it is a wiki anyone can edit it, plus there is the ability to revert changes and all that lovely stuff. I doubt malicious intent will be a major issue.

Edit: My effort so far http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/Simulator_Scripting_Engine_Documentation

Edited by Grimes
  • Thanks 2

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum