[Example] Simple HUD/MFD

Nero.ger

so i also wanted to share something with the modding community to help other making Cockpit/avionics mods.

while this works with the su25 as a showcase its not ment as a complete mod instead as a help/howTo for people who want

to build thier own Cockpit for thier Plane-Mods.

su25 as a show-plane was used because its hud is very simple

Install instructions are in the Download.

includes

HUD with

Horizonline

Speed/Alt

Vertical Velocity Indicator

display Waypoints from MFD

Moving the Glass up/down is simulated

MFD

general Building of an MFD (this one does not use 20 Key, instead 4-way as a cursor and enter/cancel keys)

Enginepage, showing gauges

Navmode with copyied Waypoints from Mission file

Build in Airfield selection as Waypoint and option for Custom entries

Download -- 01.02.2017

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0WafwTWChLIM1doNkY3ZVFFS1k/view?usp=sharing

Info for Default.lua problems

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3037200&postcount=5

howto1.thumb.jpg.11d176517c184e7e6705018358065a82.jpg

howto2.thumb.jpg.0649db9c01748a5a5bd86b7969d1e277.jpg

Edited by Nero.ger
  • Like 1

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Hello Neo.ger,

thank you for this mod.

Do you have a little more documentation, so you know what function what does?

And maybe you have an example how to create a camera and display the image (aka Shkval)?

Simpit Software by SDA "SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

• DCS ExportScript
  • D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator
  • Ikarus a new Virtual Cockpit Software

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM

And maybe you have an example how to create a camera and display the image (aka Shkval)?

if i manage that i would have a big party with much vodka :)

so far no luck building a camera module :(

to answer the other question, i am unbelivable bad documenting/explaining things so dont hold your breath that i manage to make a detailed documentation. i (tried) make it as simple as possible so people have a working example to study instead of searching the forums up and down an puzzle it together. (like the wunderluft example)

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

it was a test to see who realy testing it ;)

i made the Device Id and category in Variabls because i wanted to change them easily

top of default.lua should look like this

local res = external_profile("Config/Input/Aircrafts/base_keyboard_binding.lua")

local MM_DevID     = 2    --MFD MOD device ID
local MM_Cat     = 'MFD'    --MFD MOD category

join(res.keyCommands,{

--MFD MOD-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{down = 3001, up = 3001, cockpit_device_id = MM_DevID, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('MFD UP')      , category = _(MM_Cat)},
{down = 3002, up = 3002, cockpit_device_id = MM_DevID, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('MFD RIGHT')  , category = _(MM_Cat)},
{down = 3003, up = 3003, cockpit_device_id = MM_DevID, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('MFD DOWN')      , category = _(MM_Cat)},
{down = 3004, up = 3004, cockpit_device_id = MM_DevID, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('MFD LEFT')      , category = _(MM_Cat)},

{down = 3005, up = 3005, cockpit_device_id = MM_DevID, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('MFD ENTER')  , category = _(MM_Cat)},
{down = 3006, up = 3006, cockpit_device_id = MM_DevID, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('MFD CANCEL') , category = _(MM_Cat)},
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 1 month later...

learning from Leatherneck about building up Hype, i thought i just show you a teaser of the next iteration of the MFD im am working on :pilotfly:

LUA_TAD.thumb.png.504502be208d3c9d316bd62b1ca251ce.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Nice.

I wonder what you are up to lately Nero, any more HUDs and MFDs?

Proud owner of DCS: FC3, A-10C Warthog, F-14A/B Tomcat, F-5E Tiger, Mig21bis Fishbed, Mirage 2000C, Nevada Test Site, Normandy, Ka-50 Black Shark, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst, FW 190 D-9 Dora, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D Mustang Combined Arms, Hawk T.1A, L-39 Albatros, NS 430 Nav System, F-86F Sabre, MiG-15bis, AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL, F/A-18C Hornet, Yak-52 and the mighty AJS-37 Viggen! :music_whistling:

I am up to no good :)

no seriously, still perfecting HUD and MFDs but the TAD-MAP gives me some trouble.

for the 'Black' map, i am getting inspiration from Falcon BMS Mfd display. Coordinate Input on the Fly and/or Mission, DataTape will also be a thing (inspired by the totaly intuitive way the Viggen does it:) )

other than that, CCRP/CCIP sight is beeing developt

I am up to no good :)

no seriously, still perfecting HUD and MFDs but the TAD-MAP gives me some trouble.

for the 'Black' map, i am getting inspiration from Falcon BMS Mfd display. Coordinate Input on the Fly and/or Mission, DataTape will also be a thing (inspired by the totaly intuitive way the Viggen does it:) )

other than that, CCRP/CCIP sight is beeing developt

You should make a GIT repo of it so we can grab it while you work on it and test it :P

Proud owner of DCS: FC3, A-10C Warthog, F-14A/B Tomcat, F-5E Tiger, Mig21bis Fishbed, Mirage 2000C, Nevada Test Site, Normandy, Ka-50 Black Shark, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst, FW 190 D-9 Dora, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D Mustang Combined Arms, Hawk T.1A, L-39 Albatros, NS 430 Nav System, F-86F Sabre, MiG-15bis, AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL, F/A-18C Hornet, Yak-52 and the mighty AJS-37 Viggen! :music_whistling:

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Any chance we can have a look at the code for educational purposes?

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

• 7 months later...