Respawn CAP Group on Group Death

PhoenixTunes

Hello all,

I'm trying to build a multiplayer mission where I have implemented MIST and have attempted to get a CAP flight of MiG-15s to patrol around a certain area and to respawn whenever they have been destroyed.

I have made good progress so far, however as soon as the group respawns they instantly return to base. I have searched the internet high and low for a solution, yet I can't seem to find one! :mad:

Anyhow, the script i'm using is:

CONTINUOUS ACTION

GROUP DEAD (MiG-15bis CAP)

DO SCRIPT: if not Group.getByName('MiG-15bis CAP') then

mist.respawnInZone('MiG-15bis CAP', 'Respawn Zone', true, 500)

end

Any help is greatly appreciated! :pilotfly:

Aircraft respawned in a zone don't get their tasking reassigned. Use mist.respawnGroup(''MiG-15bis CAP', true) instead.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Aircraft respawned in a zone don't get their tasking reassigned. Use mist.respawnGroup(''MiG-15bis CAP', true) instead.

Thank you very much for the tip, however I've tried this, they fly on their original waypoint but once the respawn group is killed they won't respawn again! Do you know a way that I could solve this? Or put simply, is there a way to make the MiGs respawn infinitely? :thumbup:

Edited by PhoenixTunes
reasoning

Group dead condition should work. Compare what you are doing with the attached mission file.

infi_respawn.miz

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Group dead condition should work. Compare what you are doing with the attached mission file.

Hey Grimes, I have compared the two missions, and I have done what you have done with the triggers and it worked! :thumbup:

However, a new issue has decided to pop up :mad:

I have added the feature to manually destroy some helicopters by exploding them via a radio command, but after "manually respawning" them twice, the helicopters will not respawn! I have no idea what is going on here, but my best guess would be that they are respawning with different Unit names? Anyways, I'll attach the mission file on here and i'd appreciate it more than anything if you could have a look at it :pilotfly:

Cold War Dogfight.miz

• 6 months later...

What is going on here?

I have added the feature to manually destroy some helicopters by exploding them via a radio command, but after "manually respawning" them twice, the helicopters will not respawn! I have no idea what is going on here

The FARP is damaged and if you set client choppers to takeoff from the FARPs of the Hinds and Cobras

the message "YOUR FLIGHT IS DELAYED TO START, PLEASE WAIT" will appear.

If you set WP0 for your short lived helos air start at low level at low speed you will

see infinite respawns functioning by MIST.

(In our manual destruction there is an error message popup

if the trigger action try to explode a nonexistent group member. F.E.: Cobra tried to fly through trees.)

Cold War Dogfight2lite.miz

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD