F/A-18C - Air to Air Refueling Tutorial

My two cents on how to do this. It clicked for me when realizing that the advice from WWII training films, likening flying to things you’re familiar with like cars and bicycles, works here too.

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Maybe you're doing it on purpose, for tutorial sake, but your stick inputs are way too large

If it's due to your flight stick pots, maybe you want to add some curvature to your pitch and roll axis to dampen it out a little

(Just trying to help :) )

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Maybe you're doing it on purpose, for tutorial sake, but your stick inputs are way too large

If it's due to your flight stick pots, maybe you want to add some curvature to your pitch and roll axis to dampen it out a little

(Just trying to help :) )

Sure. Like I said, I’m still a bit rusty at this. This is about my fifth attempt in the Hornet. I think it’s better to make one of these videos not quite so expertly so it doesn’t appear to be easy. I’ve got a 20% curve on pitch but honestly I don’t think that matters. It’s the technique that matters and I think people focus too much on hardware and settings.

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Maybe you could post it in the forum's 'tutorials and guides' section and ask a mod to make it sticky? Those who need help in learning AAR might find it there more easily than in this section.