No "\" Comms menu

Dudeindacorner

4 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

If you use the LANDYSh-5 or ICS PTTs (both are on the throttle), then the communications menu comes up under 'main'. The problem is that the "\" menu doesn't work.

Hide contents

Plus the PTTs should bring up their own communication menu - either VHF/LANDYSh-5 and ICS - depending on which PTT you press - which is what happens with basically every other module that has multiple radio systems. 

Right now they both bring up 'main'.

Thanks so much for the clarification. I definitely hope for some updates to the module this year. Right now it really feels unfinished.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1987kess said:

Thanks so much for the clarification. I definitely hope for some updates to the module this year. Right now it really feels unfinished.

No problem! 🙂 Though I've further edited to make sure that people know that the VHF radio is LANDYSh-5 (which is the actual name of the radio - but it is a VHF radio, though with a fairly limited frequency range it seems).

And yes I agree, and it's a shame for what should be the simplest aircraft in DCS (at least as far as the systems are concerned).

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 4 weeks later...

I cannot find any way to pull up the comms menu, I even mapped all COOMs to spare buttons on the off chance that it was a UL keyboard thing.

Anyone any ideas.... as of this build 24 MAY 21 or is just simply borked?

I must admit I always regret buying this module... it has never been really sorted... 

SIGBLOCK.png

2 hours ago, Gizzy said:

Anyone any ideas.... as of this build 24 MAY 21 or is just simply borked?

Still works for me, Cold Start at Batumi, Open Beta 2.7.1.6430

I can't add any more than I've already said here ...

On 7/6/2020 at 10:37 AM, Ramsay said:

When using the Yak-52

• uncheck "Easy Communication" in Options>Gameplay

• turn ON breakers 1 (VHF) and 2 (Intercom)

• turn ON the battery switch

• tune the radio to ATC

• use the "Push to talk" button on the throttle "RAlt+\" or "RAlt+#" for the UK

The Yak-52 is in Early Access and it's "Easy Communications" is either WIP or bugged i.e. no comms menu appears if you select "Easy Communication" in Options>Gameplay

Tested in Open Beta 2.5.6.50979

Perhaps post a track but if you've already disabled "Easy Coms", I'm not hopeful

• Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm struggling with the same issues after update to 2.7.14.24228 open beta. Easy Comms is ticked as it has always been, all the bindings are the same as they were set, haven't introduced any new community mods/skins/whatsoever just updated DCS. 

Prior to this update I would just press the key/button to open coms menu regardless of engine/systems on/off, on the ground or in the air in a F-14, now it doesn't. I've tried remapping and it hasn't helped.

Tried with radio assist on/off, easy communications on/off, on the ground and in the air and no matter what key binding or button binding I tried NO COMM MENU appeared

This menu was present from the day 1 of playing DCS and NO this is not "some" functionality of the radio comms and please do not reply if you are going to write that this is the way it should be BECAUSE IT ISN'T

F-14, A-10CII, F/A-18, Spitfire, FC3, Supercarrier and all of the maps/terrains 

R7 5800X, 32GB DDR4 3733GHz CL14, RTX3090, Sound blaster Z, Oculus Quest 2 and Reverb G2, WINWING F/A-18 Orion HOTAS...

2 hours ago, Kang said:

Crossposting the exact same and, frankly, rather weirdly formatted message across literally all the forums is decidedly not making it seem like spam.

I guess the user have enabled "Darkmode" and have copied the text to the various forums, hence the strange formatting. 

Also it's a little sad that it has been posted to multiple modules that have different radio buttons, so in this state it is literally unsolvable for the user. But in case. 

On ground, you can use "\", backslash. NOT forward slash "/". 

BUT it's a bad idea. Because this will not work in the air. For most aircraft with a single transmit button, the keybind is "RAlt + \" for the comms menu in the air. 

I also highly recommend to stop using easy comms immediately, as it just seems to add to the confusion. 

Cheers! 

• 6 months later...

I may be in the minority when it comes to flying the Yak-52 but I am still having problems with communications. Both the communications menu key and both radio PTT and intercom buttons on the throttle fail to bring up the comms menu even though the key stroke actually operates the respective button. Anyone possibly have a fix for this or resolution

thanks in advance. I have scoured this forum for possible cures but those posting have not helped

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2022 at 11:34 PM, Freakmeister51 said:

I may be in the minority when it comes to flying the Yak-52 but I am still having problems with communications. Both the communications menu key and both radio PTT and intercom buttons on the throttle fail to bring up the comms menu even though the key stroke actually operates the respective button. Anyone possibly have a fix for this or resolution

thanks in advance. I have scoured this forum for possible cures but those posting have not helped

I just flew in MP with Yak-52, Easy Comms off, of course, as all the other "easy" settings - they're disabled on my side, but more importantly - on the server mission.

Pressing '\' didn't bring the comms menu up, but pressing '3' worked just fine, that's "Radio Button (call radio menu)" binding. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Windows 11 Pro, RTX4090 (24GB), 5950X @ 4.3GHz, 64GB RAM @ 3000MHz, M.2 SSD 8TB, Pimax Crystal
  • Modules and maps: All of 'em. (It's a problem...)