F-14D with glass cockpit?

Jksmith0902

I'd appreciate the F-14D since it would align with the same period of time the ED Hornet is spec'd to. Ofcourse so would the F-14B(U). The APG-71 alone would be the selling point for the D model for me.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

I'd appreciate the F-14D since it would align with the same period of time the ED Hornet is spec'd to. Ofcourse so would the F-14B(U). The APG-71 alone would be the selling point for the D model for me.

Pretty sure most people would love to have the F-14D, and pay another 69 USD/EU for it, but if HB can't model it then we're simply outta luck.

I wonder... maybe a mod team will step up and do F-14D... and/or ST21! Though it was my undergrad, I know enough coding to be dangerous... Worth looking into anyway.

I'd happily buy F-14D from HB, though really hope F-14B(U) is a silent free upgrade to differentiate from F-14A if/when it drops.

Edited by Uxi

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

A 'B' 'Cat with a Sparrowhawk is clearly more plausible, but Heatblur currently has their hands full delivering what they've initially promised us.

Moreover, to the best of my knowledge, we've never gotten word from them about the possibility of an upgraded F-14B. So, I think - I HAVE to think - that they're either unable or uninterested.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

A 'B' 'Cat with a Sparrowhawk is clearly more plausible, but Heatblur currently has their hands full delivering what they've initially promised us.

Moreover, to the best of my knowledge, we've never gotten word from them about the possibility of an upgraded F-14B. So, I think - I HAVE to think - that they're either unable or uninterested.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They've repeatedly said they're unable. Documentation for the PTID menus isn't available and they're unwilling to just make stuff up.

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

Not sure what you're talking about with the all glass canopy.

FYI "Glass cockpit" describes a cockpit with MFDs replacing traditional instruments (affectionately known as "steam gauges"), not the the canopy.:)

FYI "Glass cockpit" describes a cockpit with MFDs replacing traditional instruments (affectionately known as "steam gauges"), not the the canopy.:)

My bad.

I was using it in reference to the "glass" cockpit of the F-16. Back when F-16 first came out they were talking about the full view glass canopy.

I wonder... maybe a mod team will step up and do F-14D... and/or ST21! Though it was my undergrad, I know enough coding to be dangerous... Worth looking into anyway.

The ST21 was a proposed concept so that will never happen.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

The ST21 was a proposed concept so that will never happen.

This would be perfect for a community mod. Assuming a quality product that accurately reflects the original Grumman proposal, it would be very interesting to see how the ST21 would have stood up to real-life aircraft.

This would be perfect for a community mod. Assuming a quality product that accurately reflects the original Grumman proposal, it would be very interesting to see how the ST21 would have stood up to real-life aircraft.

Exactly! A bit more fuel, supercruise engines and improved supersonic performance. Regain the weapon station since the LANTIRN and nav FLIR are on the Phoenix pallets, Full glass cockpit (MFDs), Modern AMRAAM, JSOW, JDAM already in the game... otherwise the F-14D.

I still suspect there's a slight chance HB could deliver the F-14D. I'd happily pay for it, but if they won't the Mod Community could probably do it.. and once that's done, Most of the existing assets are already there. Some tweaks to the exterior interior models and custom livery.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

“They don't have enough available information in the public to build a D model. So most unlikely.”

I agree....but then came the JF-17 and soon, the Eurofighter Typhoon. Just make it do what the manufacture says it does

Exactly! A bit more fuel, supercruise engines and improved supersonic performance. Regain the weapon station since the LANTIRN and nav FLIR are on the Phoenix pallets, Full glass cockpit (MFDs), Modern AMRAAM, JSOW, JDAM already in the game... otherwise the F-14D.

I still suspect there's a slight chance HB could deliver the F-14D. I'd happily pay for it, but if they won't the Mod Community could probably do it.. and once that's done, Most of the existing assets are already there. Some tweaks to the exterior interior models and custom livery.

my wet dream :lol:

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

That placement and asymmetry on the pilot MFD bugs. Curious that they just didn't replace the HSD and VDI.

Specs & Wishlist:

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what item this in the F14D, above the handhold in the RIO cockpit?

VISqT9F.png

B6zRqSC.jpg

Does anyone know what items this is in the F14D, just above the handhold / handlebar in the RIO cockpit?

It looks to be some sort of display, maybe for comms purposes?

My apologies if this has been posted before, but I could not find it.

Edited by Nanne118
Title edit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Groundpounder extraordinaire

SPECS: i7-4790K, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 16 GB RAM, MSI GTX 980ti, Thrustmaster WARTHOG HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals, TrackIR 5

[

Does anyone know what items this is in the F14D, just above the handhold / handlebar in the RIO cockpit?

It looks to be some sort of display, maybe for comms purposes?

My apologies if this has been posted before, but I could not find it.

GPS