MiG-23 MLA by RAZBAM

PorcoRosso86

• 2 weeks later...

Header2020_720-EN.png

DCS World 2020 and Beyond – Non-Aircraft Projects

Header_23.png

In last week’s newsletter, we reviewed our 2020 and beyond plans for aircraft in DCS World. One aircraft we forgot to mention was the MiG-23 from RAZBAM. This will be a great eastern aircraft addition to the stable of jets to DCS World, and it is being created by the same RAZBAM team that created the MiG-19.

Bye

Phant

AMVI

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A me questo aereoplanino piace, c'è bisogno di jet rossi almeno un po' moderni; ho letto qualche tempo fa che razbam cercava coders; io non ne capisco nulla, faccio già enorme fatica a scrivere quattro righe di codice per arduino per cui figuriamoci, però ci sarebbe proprio bisogno...

• 7 months later...

Bellissimo, sarà di nuovo un successone come il Mig-21!

Intel i9-13900K, @5.8GHz, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master, 32GB DDR5 6200 DomPlatinum, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24G, LG 48GQ900-B, 4x 2TB Crucial P5plus M2 SSD NVME, 1x 500GB WD SN850 SSD NVME ,Thermaltake ToughPower GF3 1650W ATX 3.0 , Windows 11 Pro, Corsair AiO H170i LCD RGB, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, VPC Mongoos T-50CM3 Base, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, MFG CROSSWIND, Corsair K95 Platinum, Sennheiser G 600, Roccat Kone Mouse.

• 2 months later...

DCS MiG-23 development update

It has been some time since the last update posted about the MiG-23, so I decided to do some briefing to keep you updated on development and aware of a few things as well. The MiG-23 serious art development started at the end of 2019 (allowed by less art work needed in the MiG-19 by that date), which is the first step in the development of a DCS module, since coders need a more or less finished art asset to start their work. Work was going good as usual and the objective was to have a mostly finished art assets at the end of 2020.

In the final months of 2020 and the first of 2021 I had to stop development because of a happy event, the arrival and birth of my first child.

Since February of this year I have been back crunching on the MiG-23 artwork and a lot of progress has been made in the last months, including the completely remake of the aircraft cockpit thanks to the procurement of an accurate photogrammetry model, which allows for an almost exact copy of the real life one. the external model is almost finished and all the main parts of the internal cockpit have been made already.

As the project manager and main artist of Razbam MiG projects, there´s a lot of work I need to do for a module, which not only includes artwork, but collect all required aircraft data, contact real pilots and provide coders with good know-hows on systems and aircraft performance, so I´ll kindly ask for your patience if possible.

The plan we have is have this aircraft ready for internal alpha testing this year. I´ll provide you now with a few art development screenshots of the corrected models of cockpit and aircraft thanks to the magic of photogrammetry.

Immagine Immagine Immagine Immagine Immagine

Bye

Phant

Edited by phant

AMVI

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...