F-14 No player aircraft in any mission

Infrasonic

Hello, ED Forum pilots! My first ever post on the forum. Was hoping it would be a good one but... :helpsmilie:

I just bought the F-14 module on Steam (running 2.5.6 non-beta client) and I am unable to fly the aircraft at all. I had been able to fly it a couple months ago when there was a free-to-try day and it was a great aircraft. So I know it works or worked before. To note, I have tested all my other modules and they are still working normally.

When I start ANY mission (single, instant, training, etc.), there is no player aircraft. There is only AI that I can not take control of. F1 does nothing. :joystick:

Is there anyone that knows what is going on can help me? Thanks in advance!

A-10C II Warthog | A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-18C Hornet | F-86F Sabre | Flaming Cliffs 3 | MiG-21Bis | P-51D Mustang | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Saitek X-52 Pro | TrackIR v5 | Elgato Stream Deck

Check that you have the DLC installed of course

Other then that if you mean creating a free flight via the mission editor make sure you make the Aircraft's skill level either Client or Player.

Hi! Thanks for responding.

I took some time to do some searching while waiting on a response and found a thread here about maybe some missing files, so I had steam verify the files. There was a mention in a thread that maybe an f14-heatblurcommon.dll might be missing and that wasn't the problem. Couldn't get it working at all. Everything appeared normal and installed correctly.

So I went brute force. I deleted the whole mod folder and re-downloaded the whole thing. Got it working! Yay!

A-10C II Warthog | A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-18C Hornet | F-86F Sabre | Flaming Cliffs 3 | MiG-21Bis | P-51D Mustang | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Saitek X-52 Pro | TrackIR v5 | Elgato Stream Deck