R-27EA in LOFC2?

Hi all.

I just want to know why the R-27EA is not added in LOFC2 to aircraft like the Su-27/33. Is it because these aircraft are not capable of carrying them in real life or is it just that its not modeled in the game. I believe the R-27EA came in the original Lock On.

Edited by Kunz

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such articles often take data from each other copying craps around :P

So no EA for Flankers :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Not really propaganda. Just mistakes. For example, the R-27EA was definitely a real project, but it was basically an improvement proposal that was advertised but never sold to anyone as far as we know.

If you look at Su-33 weapon listings, you'll often find it 'capable' of carrying weapons it never could until some VERY recent upgrades. All because Jane's reported the upgrade proposal many, many years ago ... and it got cancelled. But every website out there copied that report.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

:huh: :doh: Then why do these idiots publish such articles if no such thing exists in real life? Such misinformation is ridiculous. Propaganda probably? ;)

Glen.

Check this thread out. :)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=19815

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

You could have just summarized the thread for him.

Hajduk finds images of what he thinks are R-27EA's, but are captive carry missiles of some sort.

Hajduk then goes on to say that Yefim Gordon wrote these things, thus it must be so.

ED has some contact with RuAF, whose pilots say they've never even seen an R-27EA ... or R-27P. They're just not in the inventory. End of story, no need to read a million posts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

All ingredients for the R-27AE existed and still exist. The K-27 project was visionary and very successful where the basic missile is the same and seekers are interchangeable. If you fight low tech opponent, you use less expensive SARH seeker. Against advanced opponent put 9B-1103 (and later more advanced 9B-1103M) seeker and you have ARH. BTW R-27 series missiles are faster and has longer range then competition missiles (other then Meteor). And have a pair of R-27ET's for silent kills ...

R-27EA was put aside due to the second generation MRAAM that was introduced sometime in the nineties. The R-77 was a missile specifically designed for the M series aircraft as well as for 5th generation fighters with the requirement for missiles to be carried internally.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Thanks for the replies guys and for clearing my doubts... but my question is (for fun's sake) Are those Russian pilots whom you have contact with telling the truth? because I remember reading in a World War 2 book about a captured German general (who fought on the eastern theatre and who was interviewed by the US after US seized control of Germany) saying that "Whatever that has been written about Russia is nonsense". This was said in relation to Germans' underestimating the strength of the Red Army in the number of battalions they had and subsequently perishing to the Red Army. What I mean to say is the R-27EA or R-27P may still be in existence but its just not revealed to anyone. ;) But I understand your stance GGTharos, you only have information that is given to you. So that is what you've modeled. Fair.

Edited by Kunz
  • Like 1

I hope this thread will not morph again into well known form lol

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

There's no reason to doubt any of this. As Hajduk metioned, there was a better missile to stick an ARH seeker on anyway; the R-27P would likely be quite unreliable ... you're taking up pylons with passive missiles on the off-chance that someone will go STT on you and you'll somehow have the time to lock him and counter-fire in a world of TWS. It's just not terribly useful, may as well carry R's.

These missiles were not described in operator's manuals, either.

Thanks for the replies guys and for clearing my doubts... but my question is (for fun's sake) Are those Russian pilots whom you have contact with telling the truth? because I remember reading in a World War 2 book about a captured German general (who fought on the eastern theatre and who was interviewed by the US after US seized control of Germany) saying that "Whatever that has been written about Russia is nonsense". This was said in relation to Germans' underestimating the strength of the Red Army in the number of battalions they had and subsequently perishing to the Red Army. What I mean to say is the R-27EA or R-27P may still be in existence but its just not revealed to anyone. ;)

Glen.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the replies guys and for clearing my doubts... but my question is (for fun's sake) Are those Russian pilots whom you have contact with telling the truth? because I remember reading in a World War 2 book about a captured German general (who fought on the eastern theatre and who was interviewed by the US after US seized control of Germany) saying that "Whatever that has been written about Russia is nonsense". This was said in relation to Germans' underestimating the strength of the Red Army in the number of battalions they had and subsequently perishing to the Red Army. What I mean to say is the R-27EA or R-27P may still be in existence but its just not revealed to anyone. ;)

Glen.

:doh:

Anyway I wrote an email to one of the missile manufactures several months ago in both Engrish and Rooski about 27P. No reply.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no reason to doubt any of this. As Hajduk metioned, there was a better missile to stick an ARH seeker on anyway; the R-27P would likely be quite unreliable ... you're taking up pylons with passive missiles on the off-chance that someone will go STT on you and you'll somehow have the time to lock him and counter-fire in a world of TWS. It's just not terribly useful, may as well carry R's.

These missiles were not described in operator's manuals, either.

What is a definition of "better"? Alamo is bigger, faster, has a larger explosive warhead (39Kg, 85lbs) and has a greater range then Slammer. Adder is smaller but more maneuverable then either Slammer or Alamo. The fact is RAF now has a good choice of missiles depending on the type of the target.

Reminder: SAM = Stealth STOP!

Alamo is bigger, draggier, does not use tail control, and is not capable of structurally withstanding as many g's as the R-77, which, though it has a smaller warhead, actually has a better accuracy to avoid the need for a larger warhead ... just like AMRAAM.

So yes, adder is better than the alamo for ANYTHING other than a high-altitude shot against an incoming, non-maneuvering high-speed, high-altitude bomber. The RuAF has a 'good choice' of relatively old missiles, which is exactly why they're fielding their next gen development.

What is a definition of "better"? Alamo is bigger, faster, has a larger explosive warhead (39Kg, 85lbs) and has a greater range then Slammer. Adder is smaller but more maneuverable then either Slammer or Alamo. The fact is RAF now has a good choice of missiles depending on the type of the target.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To be even more correct R-77 is also yesterday's news and '80s technology. Although China considered a purchase of 1000 of these they appear more focused on developing the PL-13.

Russia got some K-100 Novator models on display during airshows (MAKS 2007) so there's really no need for R-27EA.

Articles such as that one are written by laymen reporters that surf the net looking for sensations.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Even though R27-EA might exist in limited numbers in the RuAF inventory since some prototypes have already been displayed before, I believe the program has been substituted wi the RVV-AE AKA R-77.

Now the real question re FC2 is why this missile is not allowed to be used on a Su-27? most direct answer until now was because the Flanker which has been modeled in the simulation when it came out was a B version. Fair.

On the other hand, Su-27S(K) can use the RVV-AE :

From http://www.knaapo.com/eng/products/military/su-27sk.wbp

"Su-27SK can carry up to six R-27R1 (R-27ER1) air-to-air medium-range missiles with semi-active radar homing heads, up to two R-27T1 (R-27ET1) heat-seeking medium-range missiles, and up to six RVV-AE medium-range active radar-homing missiles and six R-73E short-range heat-seeking missiles"

Moreover, cockpit of the Su-27S(K) and the Su-27B (vanilla) are pretty much the same, check this out:

Su-27S(K)

Su-27SKCockpit.jpg

I believe upgrade from B to S version includes a radar software tweaking to be able to deal with a Fox3 missile type like the RVV-AE/R-77.

Finally we all know that the F-15C in FC2 has improved since its first release in FC1...now it can carry the AIM120C5 with improved range, also an advanced Datalink has been implemented as well, while at the same time the Russian fighters have stayed exactly the same...

Su-27S(K)M and Su-35 are not mentioneed as there is a significant difference while comparing with the Su-27B cockpit (see image below), but the S(K) version has exact same cockpit as the B version (image above) and it does carry the RVV-AE.

Su-27S(K)M

Su-27SKMCockpit.jpg

Edited by FLANKERATOR
  • Like 1

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Be careful with online sources guys, they are more than likely wrong, for example;

Photo hosted in AF.mil, taken by USAF personnel...do you see a Hellfire?

click to enlarge

090422-F-0136B-110.jpg

Training for unmanned aircraft systems

Senior Airman Jason Atwell operates a bomb lift while Staff Sgt. Stephanie Hughes and Senior

Airman Gale Passe prepare to load a AGM-114 Hellfire II air-to-ground missile onto the MQ-9

Reaper during weapons load training April 22 at Creech Air Force Base, Nev. Reaper load

crewmembers were conducting monthly training to maintain their qualifications on the airframe.

(U.S. Air Force photo/Senior Airman Nadine Y. Barclay)

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Datalink has been implemented as well, while at the same time the Russian fighters have stayed exactly the same...

?I missed something? You speak from a 3rd party MOD (Yoda's LEAVU) or you think the F-15 has DL as well like a SU-27 with awacs?

Even though R27-EA might exist in limited numbers in the RuAF inventory since some prototypes have already been displayed before, I believe the program has been substituted wi the RVV-AE AKA R-77.[/img]
Do you have, or do you know of any close-up, public picture of R-27EA missile? If there was even one airplane in USSR or Russia with R-27EA capability, we should have it in FC. Because FC does not simulate economical aspect of the military aviation.

BTW, Excellent point about Su-27SK.