F-16C Arab Spring Campaign

Florence201

Frustrated with Iran's constant saber rattling, Syria and Iraq have formed an unprecedented Alliance and moved on western Iran. World leaders have watched on with amazement, as the Arab Alliance has slowly taken territory in Western Iran, despite the Ayatollah putting all the Iranian Military into stopping the push.

The Arab Alliance has now taken land as far east as Bakhtegan Lake, East of Shiraz Airfield (which is also in the hands of the Alliance). The Iranian Leadership has swallowed it's pride and reached out to Western Governments, in the hope that with "The Great Satan" helping them out, this Alliance can be pushed back into Iraq

With Shiraz Airfield firmly under Alliance control, they are pounding Iranian ground forces, with daily air attacks. Syrian and Iraqi SU24s, are bombing troops, driving them back despite Iranian air support. Arab Alliance CAP's have taken out a large percentage of Iranian fighters, forcing the Ayatollahs hand into pleading for help.

Your Squadron is the first ever US unit to deploy to Iranian soil, so be watchful. The Iranian Leadership has put restrictions on where Western forces can transit and operate over their territory. As such, you are to be mindful of ingress and egress routes, so as not to upset the host nation.

13 Mission Campaign centered around Ops, based out of Kish International Airfield in Iran. Varied missions of A-A and A-G, CAS and an Anti-Ship Strike mission.

As always, constructive comments and suggests appreciated.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3308267/

Edited by Florence201

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And why in earth would the US prop up Iran?

Maybe it should be Indian F16s helping or something along those lines -idk. Plenty of other countries use the f16

...cause 'MERICA...FCK YEA! World Police dont ya know. :music_whistling:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just ran first mission. First Q - are the SP's correct? SP1 takes you inland, then SP 2 back out offshore then run to SP 3 from water. (I personally just ran up the coast inland from 1 straight to 3.)

Also I successfully destroyed both Silkworm radars at SP's 3 & 4 (with verbal prompts afterwards), returned to Kish, landed and taxied in to parking.

Ended mission, and immediately got Campaign Failure message, and campaign is registered as failed.

Also wingman just busts a move straight to the runway and takes off after taxi clearance, taking you out if you're in the way lol.

Had an issue with the 'F-16C Arab Spring MDC' kneeboard page displaying correctly in VR, think you have some transparency in it? I resaved as .jpg and will try that. I do like your choice of taxeoff speed chart thou - whoever made that must be a legend.. :music_whistling:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just ran first mission. First Q - are the SP's correct? SP1 takes you inland, then SP 2 back out offshore then run to SP 3 from water. (I personally just ran up the coast inland from 1 straight to 3.)

Also I successfully destroyed both Silkworm radars at SP's 3 & 4 (with verbal prompts afterwards), returned to Kish, landed and taxied in to parking.

Ended mission, and immediately got Campaign Failure message, and campaign is registered as failed.

Also wingman just busts a move straight to the runway and takes off after taxi clearance, taking you out if you're in the way lol.

Had an issue with the 'F-16C Arab Spring MDC' kneeboard page displaying correctly in VR, think you have some transparency in it? I resaved as .jpg and will try that. I do like your choice of taxeoff speed chart thou - whoever made that must be a legend.. :music_whistling:

SP question: Yes, as it's a matter of timing. You have to allow the F/A-18's time to get airborne, then strike the associated SAM sites around the Silkworm installations.

Silkworm Questions: You need to take out all 4 components of both installations to complete the mission

Wingman Question: Never had that happen. Kish can be slow in giving take off clearance, so i normally just ask once, then take the runway. It forces them to answer. Noticed this with Nellis on NTTR map too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Any chance this can be downloaded without the mods? Personally I don't like mods. :)

Easy way is open each mission in the ME and select the asset page (shows what's in the mission). Check the aircraft tab, then look at the right hand column and change anything that states it's a MOD to whatever you want (P3 and C5 spring instantly to mind).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anyone?

I tried again tonight, reinstalled all the missions, but nothing changed, wingmen are not moving yet.

Sounds like a daft question, but you are taxiing to the correct runway right? They generally won't follow if you don't.

If on the easterly runway, then taxi forward and immediately right along the apron

If on the westerly, taxi forward then left and onto the taxiway.

Otherwise, not sure why you're having that issue

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sounds like a daft question, but you are taxiing to the correct runway right? They generally won't follow if you don't.

Not a daft question at all.... I must be the most stupid dumb guy in the world! I was actually taxying to the wrong runway!

Thanks Florence, I'd never had gotten that. And thanks for the campaign, too, I'm glad to be able to unleash the Falcon in one!

Just finished the 1st Mission and yes, killed all the Silkworm launchers and additional targets on sight. Made it back to Kish, landed her safe - proud me. But instead mission success I learned to have lost the whole campaign...

Poor me..

So I'd really prefer if you could lower the conditions for mission success - at least I shot all the targets mentioned in the briefing, so I believed...

Or maybe you can point out in the briefing a bit more clear, that one has to kill ALL units on site to progress...

Ok, meanwhile I'll jump right back into the Falcon to run that mission again.

Like it!

First thanks for your work in a F-16 campaign

Started yesterday.

Killed the 1st site on Stearpoint 3 but then I got a Bingo Fuel, went back to Kish Airfield but they didn´t respond to my refuel request.

Is this normal?

Is it mandatory that I refuel in a tanker?

Thanks for your help

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmm, 2nd pass, this time my wingman got engaged by SAM so he jettisoned all AG weapons to evade the missiles. I had to send him home. I decided to use all my loadout on site one, killed all units there - got back to Kish - but unfortunately was not able to rearm- refuel. Nor use any ground crew - engine running and shut off. Shouldn't one be able to R&R at home base? Checking on F10 map for a reason why I can not R&R I see building icons belong to russia - maybe in the logic of the game Kish is still red? I am not that much into the mission editor.

Ok, next attempt, this time I will give the Hornets some more time to work with the SAMs...

got back to Kish - but unfortunately was not able to rearm- refuel. Nor use any ground crew - engine running and shut off. Shouldn't one be able to R&R at home base?

Kish is a blue airfield, we should be able to R&R

Maybe the mission parameters wants us to make a AA refuel and only use the initial weapons loadout.

Lets wait for Florence201 :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just finished the 1st Mission and yes, killed all the Silkworm launchers and additional targets on sight. Made it back to Kish, landed her safe - proud me. But instead mission success I learned to have lost the whole campaign...

Poor me..

So I'd really prefer if you could lower the conditions for mission success - at least I shot all the targets mentioned in the briefing, so I believed...

Or maybe you can point out in the briefing a bit more clear, that one has to kill ALL units on site to progress...

Ok, meanwhile I'll jump right back into the Falcon to run that mission again.

Like it!

Ok, so there are 2 Silkworm radars and 2 silkworm launchers at both Wp3&4. You must destroy all 8 for mission success.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmm, 2nd pass, this time my wingman got engaged by SAM so he jettisoned all AG weapons to evade the missiles. I had to send him home. I decided to use all my loadout on site one, killed all units there - got back to Kish - but unfortunately was not able to rearm- refuel. Nor use any ground crew - engine running and shut off. Shouldn't one be able to R&R at home base? Checking on F10 map for a reason why I can not R&R I see building icons belong to russia - maybe in the logic of the game Kish is still red? I am not that much into the mission editor.

Ok, next attempt, this time I will give the Hornets some more time to work with the SAMs...

No idea why you can't R&R at Kish. Kish is definitely a BLUE airfield and therefore you should be good. Are you using 2.5.1? These missions haven't been tested after the update, as i only have 2.5

The hornets will radio when they have destroyed the associated SAMs at both WP3 then WP4. Allow them to "clear" your path before proceeding to target.

Edited by Florence201

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Kish is a blue airfield, we should be able to R&R

Maybe the mission parameters wants us to make a AA refuel and only use the initial weapons loadout.

Lets wait for Florence201 :joystick:

You do have enough of a loadout to personally destroy all 8 units (4 at each site). You will have to use A-G gun to complete, but it's doable

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You do have enough of a loadout to personally destroy all 8 units (4 at each site). You will have to use A-G gun to complete, but it's doable

Yes, I have 10 bombs and guns, it's good

My problem was the fuel :( (not that good at AAR)

I'm using 2.5.6 Beta

(and my wingman said Bingo, I told him RTB but he eject after a wile)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]