Barometric setting change during autopilot in HÖJD mode

TOViper

When flying the Viggen in HÖJD mode:

Does the autopilot follow barometric changes (done by hand for e.g. changing QFE setting for the next target) while autopilot is active or not?

Answer: In 1.5.8 it DOES follow changes

Answer: In 2.5.x it DOESN'T follow changes

See Video:

But what was the behaviour IRL?

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

From what I've understood from the manual, the current behaviour is the correct one.

The altimeter has nothing to do with the reference height/ pressure used in "Höjd".

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

Yes I don’t know what is correct actually. But our QA kept asking me to change it so I changed it into having standard barometric altitude as reference, which is what introduced the bug (now fixed) that the HUD would align to a different altitude reference (standard but in reference with indicated).

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

HÖJD uses the static pressure from the pitot tube (Ps).

When you click the the button to engage HÖJD, the static pressure gets saved as "Ps-ref". That is then gets continuously compared to Ps to get a height difference. If there is a difference, the resulting error signal get directly sent to the outer rudder servos, to get the aircraft back to the the correct altitude.

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

HÖJD uses the static pressure from the pitot tube (Ps).

When you click the the button to engage HÖJD, the static pressure gets saved as "Ps-ref". That is then gets continuously compared to Ps to get a height difference. If there is a difference, the resulting error signal get directly sent to the outer rudder servos, to get the aircraft back to the the correct altitude.

Thanks for clearing this up!

In fact, there were only these two options in my head: yours (above), and another one: having the current barometric setting as reference, which is then continuously polled when the HÖJD mode is active (which would explain the "old" 1.5.8 behaviour of the module).

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1