Problem mapping RWR Search to HOTAS Warthog

Istari6

Hey imacken maybe you can help me a few questions? If I have programmed my Warthog using DCS keybinds and hen design a script using the TARGET GUI (os) what will happen to my Keybinds in DCS? I mean does it erase all the work I put in to it? I take it when you say lever it is the center button on the warthog joystick behind the paddle switch, if this is so where are you going to put the FLIR pod when it comes on line if your shift modifier is that switch?

Sorry, never used TARGET, don't see the need.

By lever, I literally mean the lever on the joystick that you tend to use with your pinky.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Hey imacken maybe you can help me a few questions? If I have programmed my Warthog using DCS keybinds and hen design a script using the TARGET GUI (os) what will happen to my Keybinds in DCS? I mean does it erase all the work I put in to it? I take it when you say lever it is the center button on the warthog joystick behind the paddle switch, if this is so where are you going to put the FLIR pod when it comes on line if your shift modifier is that switch?

It depends on how you set up things in TARGET. I used the old FOXY and CH Manager, so there are probably some differences. In FOXY and CH Manager you basically use a third party program to say that "Button X" is the equivalent of pressing "LCTRL+RSHIFT+LALT+g". You would set your key bind in DCS to this particular key combination (or you'd look up the default key bind and set your bindings in FOXY and CH Manager accordingly to save a step).

So normally what happens is that if you had bound Button X to "missile uncage" and then in FOXY or CH Manager your set Button X to "RShift+M", you will loose the functionality. When you press button X you are sending "RShift+M" to DCS, and it doesn't have a binding for that. Now if you have left the default key binds in place and just added the button presses, AND you set your profile in TARGET to utilize the default key binds, you should be good to go.

Also we're getting a FLIR pod for the F-5?!