JF-17 Thunder Discussions

probad

:palec nahoru:

Hey guys,

First of all congrats for release of JF-17.

I'm definitely enjoy flying it on servers.

Currently I have one question for anyone with in-game expirience: When firing multiple LD-10s, does anyone have CTD or it's my rig?

Again, congrats Deka for JF-17 and keep up the good work!

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

I do not own the JF-17, yet. So how does the flight behavior feel like? Is it comparable to other fly-by-wire aircraft like the Hornet? Does it have any interesting quirks or can you feel high AOAs?

What about the new systems like IFF or the ground radar? Anything interesting to mention about them?

I do not own the JF-17, yet. So how does the flight behavior feel like? Is it comparable to other fly-by-wire aircraft like the Hornet? Does it have any interesting quirks or can you feel high AOAs?

What about the new systems like IFF or the ground radar? Anything interesting to mention about them?

the A/G radar is quite basic. Its only utilizing Real beam mapping, not improved Doppler beam sharpening methods nor SAR tech though reportedly the RL JF17 radar is capable of doing so.

Thus you dont get has high resolution as you should, nor get EXP 1/2/3 modes. for closer "zoom in" of terrain patch.

But i speculate the reason is because either

A) EA product. it will come later

or more likely

B) dekka had some workarounds current in game limitations and basic A/G radar implantation from an in house solution but will otherwise need to wait for ED A/G radar technology to have a more detailed level of A/G simulation.

Flight behavior wise so far, it definitely feel the high AOA, but not anywhere near dramatically in sharp maneuvers as the F14. Then again the JF17 does have FBW, and still feels very forgiving to fly( which i would say is a positive thing). With the few hours i have of flying it, i had intentionally tried stalling a few times, or to induce a flat spin. So far have not been successful because so far it has always recovered quickly without effort.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I am really enjoying all the features and functions of the JF-17. There are so many little quality of life things modeled in this plane. It really shows how much care Deka has put into the development of this module. Very good work.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

How long we have to wait for the Cockpittexture update? Is a Pilot Body in Progress for VR-User?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

How long we have to wait for the Cockpittexture update? Is a Pilot Body in Progress for VR-User?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

DCS Open Beta Build always seem to update on Wednesdays. According to the developers in "Poor looking inside (cockpit) vs the rest parts" thread.

there will be an improvement next update.

Edited by Terrorban
More info added

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

Ok great,thanks.

I hope they develop a Pilot Body also for VR-User.

#Emptycockpitflight

Edited by TOYKILLA

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

I feel very embarrassed, but in the navigation training I must be missing something. The waypoint needs to be changed from 00 to 01, I can enter the number but I can’t make it confirm it by pressing R1 or L1 and it goes back to 00 after saying “EE”, even if on manual waypoint switching. I’ve never been much of a glass cockpit person before, still get nightmares from learning the A-10C CDU the first time.....

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I feel very embarrassed, but in the navigation training I must be missing something. The waypoint needs to be changed from 00 to 01, I can enter the number but I can’t make it confirm it by pressing R1 or L1 and it goes back to 00 after saying “EE”, even if on manual waypoint switching. I’ve never been much of a glass cockpit person before, still get nightmares from learning the A-10C CDU the first time.....

You got the DTC in and loaded?

DTC loaded. Even tried removing and re loading, and having the ground crew update it. Might try a repair, thanks

EDIT: You were right. Didn’t press all before pressing enter. God, I did it right the first few times, thanks for help, not how to redeem myself....

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

hey, I seem to be having a problem with the wmd7 pod, I will select the pod and press 'off' button to start the bit, but when it reaches 0, nothing happens (screen stays black. yes, I have tried uncaging it.) also, once this happens and I return to the pod menu on an mfd, the wmd7 button will be blinking. any help on what I am doing wrong would be awesome, and if this is a bug, but can be fixed, please also let me know. :)

wdasda7.PNG.be8b629b064b44edd4c0fd854bfe54b9.PNG

hey, I seem to be having a problem with the wmd7 pod, I will select the pod and press 'off' button to start the bit, but when it reaches 0, nothing happens (screen stays black. yes, I have tried uncaging it.) also, once this happens and I return to the pod menu on an mfd, the wmd7 button will be blinking. any help on what I am doing wrong would be awesome, and if this is a bug, but can be fixed, please also let me know. :)
First you should make it SOI then press T5 and uncage.

Good luck

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

You need to press CAGE also to activate the WMD-7.

I tried that, it seems when your pod is ready to be uncaged (by pressing the cage button), the screen will be white/grey. my screen will stay black with the bit text on it, pressing CAGE does nothing when this happens. :/

Are there updates planned for sound design? The engine sound sounds fantastic when stationary, but the flyby sounds are quite lacking in comparison to other modules.

will investigate later

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |