RIO When using the option L or H for Mk-82 ?

Satarosa

"The Mk-81, 82 and 83 have both a L and a H option being for low-drag and high-drag versions respectively."

I always use L (low-drag), I don't udestand when using the option H for the bombs?

Because, when I put the "high-drag" I alway mist the target, the bombs going to far.. ??

Real War, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs1uki5QsyuHUdvtmWJTOg?view_as=subscriber

Real War, Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/UGa3KMe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The Mk-81, 82 and 83 have both a L and a H option being for low-drag and high-drag versions respectively."

I always use L (low-drag), I don't udestand when using the option H for the bombs?

Because, when I put the "high-drag" I alway mist the target, the bombs going to far.. ??

The L option is for normal unretarded bombs, the H option is for snakeeye or ballute high drag bombs. Of these only the Mk-82 has this option in the loadouts in DCS.

The L option is for normal unretarded bombs, the H option is for snakeeye or ballute high drag bombs. Of these only the Mk-82 has this option in the loadouts in DCS.
I think Satarosa understands what the difference between the bombs is, but (like me) does not know what technique to use with retarded bombs. If you use the TGT/PLT technique with high drag bombs they will land short.

In short. Set fuze to 'Nose and Tail' to use the bombs (SE and Y) as retarded.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Correct, if you set the wheel to high drag delivery and then don't fuze the bombs to actually use the retarded mode they will miss.

Yep, and I also usually carry SE only and use them as standard by switching the fuze and the drum. The more flexible, the better! :)

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack