Tips with TPOD

steelrfan85

If you put whatever target you're looking for was a waypoint (using the mission data for lat and long) you can use the SA page to get the pod looking in the general area. But then it's up to your Mk1's to find them. Try the different modes whether standard or FLIR blk hot and wht hot.

Right now ED is saying they have no data to support HUD symbology with the TPOD on the Hornet. So get used to it. With the 2.5.6 update, the TPOD will slave to a waypoint that is designated as a target point on the HSI, as well as a target point designated by slewing the HUD in CCRP mode. In any case, once a target point is designated (TDC depress on the targeting pod DDI or via the HSI) that point will be a diamond on the HUD that you can see and prosecute.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Right now ED is saying they have no data to support HUD symbology with the TPOD on the Hornet.

It's not related with data quality on the Hornet. It's just not realistic for the Litening and how it's been integrated in the a/c. You are facing same challenges as RL pilots did.

Hopefully soon however, with the AG radar and markpoints, it would be a bit easier to point the pod to the location of interest

It's not related with data quality on the Hornet. It's just not realistic for the Litening and how it's been integrated in the a/c. You are facing same challenges as RL pilots did.

Hopefully soon however, with the AG radar and markpoints, it would be a bit easier to point the pod to the location of interest

Аnd what about Hornet`s original pod-ATFLIR. Does it have HUD indication? And will we get it soon..or ever?

Аnd what about Hornet`s original pod-ATFLIR. Does it have HUD indication? And will we get it soon..or ever?

Maybe, IDK. IRL, it's not really a HW computing power limitation or something, but more related with a rough, rush low cost Litening integration into the Hornet system.

I just point my nose at the area where the target is and slew the camera 'down' rather than having to slew it around to find the targets. I find it much easier to simply align the aircraft with the target, then slew straight down to get the camera in the right place.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;4217097']I just point my nose at the area where the target is and slew the camera 'down' rather than having to slew it around to find the targets. I find it much easier to simply align the aircraft with the target' date=' then slew straight down to get the camera in the right place.[/quote']

Same here. Don't know how realistic this is. Probably not that much since they have other cues as to where the pod is pointing in the real bird.

Yeah , i use the cage/uncage button after every pass to reset the Tpod to the aircraft centerline , then aim the entire aircraft for the next pod search . Not ideal , but doable .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Yeah , i use the cage/uncage button after every pass to reset the Tpod to the aircraft centerline , then aim the entire aircraft for the next pod search . Not ideal , but doable .

HOLD THE PHONE...WHAT?! It will do that?!?!? I've been turning the pod off and back on to re centre it when I have no idea where it's looking anymore!

TIL!!! :pilotfly::doh:

HOLD THE PHONE...WHAT?! It will do that?!?!? I've been turning the pod off and back on to re centre it when I have no idea where it's looking anymore!

TIL!!! :pilotfly::doh:

Yeah , i was doing the same . Major pain !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2