Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

The profile is selected, and the viewporthandling.lua seems to be edited with the numbers I put into the kneeboard builder. The kneeboard still isn't relocated or resized though.

I use 4 screens. Three on top and one below. The three on top are "as one" with nvidia surround, but part of the kneeboard end up outside of the view below my surround screen.

It sounds like you need to constrain the DCS World resolution to your surround screen resolution using the "DCS Resolution Offset" in the modify position window:

DCS Resolution Offset

The Height Offset and Width Offset controls in the DCS Resolution box will be useful to constrain the kneeboard position to your main screen.

The values entered into the Height Offset and Width Offset boxes will be added your DCS resolution.

For example, if your DCS resolution is 2500 x 1080 and your main screen resolution is 1920 x 1080, entering -580 in the Height Offset box will constrain the kneeboard position to your 1920 x 1080 screen.

Mig-21 Kneeboard Display

Hello

Applies to version Open Beta.

I have still the problem that the Mig-21 Kneeboard display is transparent (as picture1) in the upper left corner in the corner?

For all other modules the display is correctly placed in the lower right corner, as I have set it in the Kneeboardbuilder (see picture 2)!

Yes, I start the Kneeboarbuilder as an admin, yes the "size settings" in the lua checked and all the same / correct, but the display of the picture1

seems to be the "old" DCS Kneeboard and not the Grizzly.:noexpression:

Have the Kneeboardbuilder re-installed again, but the problem remains!

I know that the display of the Mig-21 in previous versions worked perfectly.

Ask for help.

Challenger444

Picture1.thumb.jpg.0edd1c5a8074c0069155314b4735f981.jpg

Picture2.thumb.jpg.2fbfcd72952903b060797d2c77e29108.jpg

2033892604_ScreenshotExplorer1.thumb.png.046a68065c0e158042d968b55d53e73e.png

1827221817_ScreenshotExplorer2.thumb.png.0d42aa3ee7118f8b66e664fdde2f33b6.png

Hello

Applies to version Open Beta.

I have still the problem that the Mig-21 Kneeboard display is transparent (as picture1) in the upper left corner in the corner?

For all other modules the display is correctly placed in the lower right corner, as I have set it in the Kneeboardbuilder (see picture 2)!

Yes, I start the Kneeboarbuilder as an admin, yes the "size settings" in the lua checked and all the same / correct, but the display of the picture1

seems to be the "old" DCS Kneeboard and not the Grizzly.:noexpression:

Have the Kneeboardbuilder re-installed again, but the problem remains!

I know that the display of the Mig-21 in previous versions worked perfectly.

Ask for help.

Challenger444

The Mig-21 kneeboard in your picture is displaying correctly. Leatherneck Sims gave the Mig-21 kneeboard a custom kneeboard texture that is different from the default one used in all of the other modules.

Thanks Alaskan Grizzly for the message, do you know how I can change the size of the standard Mig-21 Kneeboard builder, that the same size as in the other modules, see picture 2?:smilewink:

Challenger444

The Mig-21 kneeboard in your picture is displaying correctly. Leatherneck Sims gave the Mig-21 kneeboard a custom kneeboard texture that is different from the default one used in all of the other modules.

So this is a question from a VR user....

Is there a way to set the kneeboard to be actually on my virtual knee? Guess that would involve rotating it on the horizontal axis...?

If there is can someone tell me how? If there's not... is it a future possibility?

Thanks,

Sage

PS: Didn't scroll back through all the pages so I can't remember if I've said it before, so just in case. THANK YOU! AG, amazing program. Thanks so much for releasing this to the community!

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

Hi, I downloaded the program, opened it on the desktop, then clicked the exe. icon, but after a few seconds it stops and gives me this message

CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: KneeboardBuilder.exe

Problem Signature 02: 1.6.7.9

Problem Signature 03: 57cdc51d

Problem Signature 04: mscorlib

Problem Signature 05: 4.6.1076.0

Problem Signature 06: 56d79d90

Problem Signature 07: 157f

Problem Signature 08: 12f

Problem Signature 09: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 66f4

Additional Information 2: 66f4bfb927890cf109dded76bf5f3953

Additional Information 3: f6fc

Additional Information 4: f6fcf4a7f289deec2bdceab5c17e247c

Im not verry computer savy so Ive no idea what the problem is, can someone help me out please?

this looks VERY cool! Id really like to get it running, Thanks

Hi, I downloaded the program, opened it on the desktop, then clicked the exe. icon, but after a few seconds it stops and gives me this message

CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: KneeboardBuilder.exe

Problem Signature 02: 1.6.7.9

Problem Signature 03: 57cdc51d

Problem Signature 04: mscorlib

Problem Signature 05: 4.6.1076.0

Problem Signature 06: 56d79d90

Problem Signature 07: 157f

Problem Signature 08: 12f

Problem Signature 09: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 66f4

Additional Information 2: 66f4bfb927890cf109dded76bf5f3953

Additional Information 3: f6fc

Additional Information 4: f6fcf4a7f289deec2bdceab5c17e247c

Im not verry computer savy so Ive no idea what the problem is, can someone help me out please?

this looks VERY cool! Id really like to get it running, Thanks

Have you tried running it as an administrator?

The best way to get the program to run in administrator mode is to right click the icon, select properties, go to the compatibility tab, and check the "run this program as an administrator" box.

It is wise to do that for DCS World, Teamspeak and The Kneeboard Builder app.

Once you have followed those steps, they'll always run in administrator mode.

Hi NeilWillis, All I have is the rar.

It wont install, so there isnt an icon to right click.

I tried to right click the rar itself, and the kneeboard builder exe. in the rar,

but there are no options you mentioned.

Ive downloaded it 3 times , same problem so not a bad download.

I turned off my anti-virus too, still cant get it to install.

I have win 7 pro

Is there any other way to install it?

Thank you both for your help

Ah I see where the problem is...

What you'll need to do is extract the files from the RAR file - which is a compressed version, used to minimise download file size.

Just right click the icon, and select "Extract to Kneeboard Builder". Once that completes, you will find the exe file in the resulting folder.

I hope that helps.

waaahoooo!!!

That did it.

Ive been fooling with it for 3 days, probly never would have figured it out.

Thank you for taking the time to explain in detail!!

Thank you AlaskanGrizzly for sharing such a cool app, Ill be buying it when you release it!

Hi,

I was messing with the kneeboard size and position manually and it worked fine,

until IC was introduced and now I get Integrity Check false...

Then I saw Kneebaord Builder... does the Kneeboard Builder handles another file which passes the IC checks??

where is it if so??

I change this file: DCS folder,

Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling.lua

the line I edit is this (line 33)

dedicated_viewport = {default_x,default_y,default_width,default_height}

to this

dedicated_viewport = {5000,2,950,1150}

Many Thanks!

Callsign   SETUP

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Thank you very much for giving this great utility to the community.

However, does it work with DCS 2? If that's in this thread, then sorry, but a search on DCS 2 didn't return a valid post that I could see.

I ask because although it loads, I select the manual (in this case Su-25T pdf) and the Select Aircraft drop down only has General DCS World Kneeboard and Default Kneeboard

Thank you again

Edit

NM - Setting the DCS folder was the fix - should've watched the tutorial videos

Edited by wmar67

Can anyone comment on why for me kneeboard settings is greyed out? Also I seem to be able to follow the process of creating a custom kneeboard, can see the files in the kneeboard folder of the aircraft, but when I fly I can only see the default kneeboard pages...

13690756_10209042093266819_4574658179825540874_n.jpg.405d9af7148148550440886ef1967939.jpg

I am having a problem joining a server because its failing the Integrity Check due to the modified kneeboard files. Is there any way around this?

Yes, place your kneeboard files in ..\Saved Games\DCS\Kneeboard\

One folder for each aircraft must be named exactly as the original folder. :thumbup:

I am having some issues with using the standard KB with the F86 module and the one with this mod. How can I move over the dynamic KB that comes with the F86 into this mod?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Yes, place your kneeboard files in ..\Saved Games\DCS\Kneeboard\

One folder for each aircraft must be named exactly as the original folder. :thumbup:

I didn't follow - I'm having the same problem with IC on servers, when editing this file: ViewportHandling.lua from here: DCS folder\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\

which files are you placing exactly, and how can you move the location of the kneeboard around so you can join servers with IC?

Thanks!

Callsign   SETUP

I didn't follow - I'm having the same problem with IC on servers, when editing this file: ViewportHandling.lua from here: DCS folder\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\

which files are you placing exactly, and how can you move the location of the kneeboard around so you can join servers with IC?

Thanks!

I had the same problem and not using the software due the IC in most servers.

I did what you post and always change the original files in DCS installation folder, the IC kicks you out!

I've changed the kneeboard size and location using DCS Kneeboard Builder 1.6.7.9...didn't pass IC.

As well...

I've changed the kneeboard size and location using Notepad++...didn't pass IC.

I believe this issue started with DCS v. 1.2 and later.

Does anyone know anyone able to pass IC using DCS Kneeboard Builder 1.6.7.9.?

Does anyone know anyone able to pass IC using DCS Kneeboard Builder 1.6.7.9.?

Mine's running fine. All shields are green on MP

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro