DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

• 2 weeks later...

I can no longer select MiG 21 profile. I get a "syntax error" issue.

I rebuilt the script, but still same error

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

I can no longer select MiG 21 profile. I get a "syntax error" issue.

I rebuilt the script, but still same error

I’m not sure when I’ll get to this, but it will be hopefully in two weeks (literally, not figuratively).

In the meantime, for anybody who posts a bug, please indicate whether use the cougar or warthog, whether you use TrackIR, VR, or POV, and anything else such as SRS and VAICOM.

I’m not sure when I’ll get to this, but it will be hopefully in two weeks (literally, not figuratively).

In the meantime, for anybody who posts a bug, please indicate whether use the cougar or warthog, whether you use TrackIR, VR, or POV, and anything else such as SRS and VAICOM.

Thanks. Here are the additional parameters you requested: I use warthog and trackir

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

Hello Mr. Fries! In addition to the hot mic causing issue above on the A10C, switching to the A-10C via the script will complete, but the MFDs will still switch profiles.

LMFD gain will cycle like such for me instead of opening kneeboard:

"Done.

DCS A-10C Warthog Init Complete!

DCS A-10C MFD Defaults (0,0):

A-10C Warthog Config Complete!

Combined Arms Config

AWACS Mode Config

DCS Standard (DX) Config

Su-33 Flanker D for DCS

Su-25A/T Frogfoot for DCS

Combined Arms Config"

Warthog stick and throttle, TrackIR, 3x MFDs, SRS and Vaicom Pro

Fixed the MiG-21 bug, and I've isolated the A-10C LGAIN issue. 2.43b (Hotfix 2) is out.

that was fast! thanks a lot!

Have you had any chance to consider mu M2000C suggestion? Just to know what you think about it ;)

Was able to implement it last night. Looks like as long as the guard is up, the emergency throttle is unused and returns to neutral after the guard is replaced. I just wish there was a set of keystrokes to cycle the guard, but at least the axis will be mapped.

SU25T doesn't have any bindings for the sensors (e.g. E/O, LLTV). They should be assigned to the Left MFD OSB 2-4 according to the doc.

I reinstalled CTS from scratch, reloaded the bindings from the profiles, but they're still not there.

My setup: Warthog stick and throttle, TrackIR, 2 MFDs

SU25T doesn't have any bindings for the sensors (e.g. E/O, LLTV). They should be assigned to the Left MFD OSB 2-4 according to the doc.

I reinstalled CTS from scratch, reloaded the bindings from the profiles, but they're still not there.

My setup: Warthog stick and throttle, TrackIR, 2 MFDs

Fixed. I'll check the other FC3 modules and release a hotfix. Thanks for the report. :thumbup:

Hotfix is up. Includes diff.lua fixes for the Su-25A/T, Su-27, and A-10A.

Wow! that was fast again! Thanks a lot!!!

Hi. I just bought F-14, but I can't figure out why the RIO profile has JOY_RZ associated to HCU Vernier Thumbweel. Which axis/combination should it be tied to? Also, is that correct that both the Throttle axis are not used in RIO mode?

The Warthog profile doesn't use the Rudder axis, so anytime you see RZ on the Warthog diff.lua it's for VR. Since VR has no use for the analog zoom I normally map to the friction lever, I remap RZ for VR users then apply it to a custom command as required. In this case, VR RIOs can use the friction lever to adjust the HCU thumbwheel.

Throttle axes are not used for RIO, though the HOTAS controls are.

The Warthog profile doesn't use the Rudder axis, so anytime you see RZ on the Warthog diff.lua it's for VR. Since VR has no use for the analog zoom I normally map to the friction lever, I remap RZ for VR users then apply it to a custom command as required. In this case, VR RIOs can use the friction lever to adjust the HCU thumbwheel.

Throttle axes are not used for RIO, though the HOTAS controls are.

Copy!

Another question about F14: is there any chance you could implement the binary discrete/binary momentary airbrake logics switch, like M2000C has?

Since the F-14 uses an analog airbrake, I can't do that.

Edited by Home Fries
added quote for context

Since the F-14 uses an analog airbrake, I can't do that.

Unless I'm missing something because I don't have the M2000, what are you talking about? The F-14 does have Discrete commands for the Airbrakes. Default Keyboard commands LCtrl B and LShift B. The only thing it doens't do is stop the closing once initiated unless you repress open.

The only thing it doens't do is stop the closing once initiated unless you repress open.

That's exactly it. Even though the F-14 speedbrake isn't on an analog axis, by "analog" I mean that it can be stopped midway through its travel as opposed to being either all out or all in like the Mirage 2000C. When you can stop the brake like this, you need two separate buttons to allow for this flexibility, as opposed to just having the brake open until the switch is released (i.e. the "binary-momentary" routine I have in the script), which is what the Mirage defaults to.

The Tomcat is set to the "analog-momentary" brake type.

Edited by Home Fries

That's exactly it. Even though the F-14 speedbrake isn't on an analog axis, by "analog" I mean that it can be stopped midway through its travel as opposed to being either all out or all in like the Mirage 2000C. When you can stop the brake like this, you need two separate buttons to allow for this flexibility, as opposed to just having the brake open until the switch is released (i.e. the "binary-momentary" routine I have in the script), which is what the Mirage defaults to.

The Tomcat is set to the "analog-momentary" brake type.

Ah ok it's your wording that got me confused, but I see what you mean. I didn't know the M2000 was only all out or all in.