function (STEP) page SA

atazar

Should be able to move the TDC over an enemy contact on SA, make hud soi, then depress step and highlight the target under TDC. Eliminating friendlies from SA would require disabling D/L, which obviously will remove the other contacts as well. No filter implemented that I know of.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Should be able to move the TDC over an enemy contact on SA, make hud soi, then depress step and highlight the target under TDC. Eliminating friendlies from SA would require disabling D/L, which obviously will remove the other contacts as well. No filter implemented that I know of.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

I cannot use the TDC on the SA page when I am using LHAQ or ACM.

True. Wasn’t aware that was part of your described situation.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

One way I found that seems reliable is to have the desired contact as the L&S target. STEP will automatically select that one first. I don't know if it's 100% reliable or if it's by design or not, it just seems to work that way, at least for me.

On a side note, if you're using ACM modes, it means that you're close enough to the enemy that you shouldn't be looking inside the cockpit.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Yeah. LHAQ is the only one that you could really get away with going head down again, as it is a 40nm range - but unless you’ve locked the target - you’re going to be scanning 12 o’clock and low... so Harker’s point still is valid.

Cheer,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

One way I found that seems reliable is to have the desired contact as the L&S target. STEP will automatically select that one first. I don't know if it's 100% reliable or if it's by design or not, it just seems to work that way, at least for me.

On a side note, if you're using ACM modes, it means that you're close enough to the enemy that you shouldn't be looking inside the cockpit.

LHAQ mode covers a range of 40 miles and can be used to trap contacts shown in (SA) that have their radar turned off. But you will never know where to direct your nose until you know your altitude. It is at this time when we need TDC or (STEP). 20/30 miles are not too close.

Edited by atazar