[REPORTED]Landing / Search light does not light up ground

Wizard1393

Actually it does, but only a tiny circle vertically beneath the aircraft (visible when on the ground).

Correction. Landing / Search light does not light up ground properly.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like a dick! I just thought I'd add that it does do something, but not what it's supposed to.

No worries! No dickery absorbed! I approve of your post. It did add more correct information.

Edited by chrisofsweden

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz

Concur. I get the search light to move but the mini puddle of light below the aircraft does not budge.

Correct.

• ED Team

please add a track replay we will take a look

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

please add a track replay we will take a look

thanks

You don't really need a track. You only need to run the cold start mission, turn on the batteries then turn on the landing light and hit F2 to see what we're talking about.

The landing light used to illuminate a big cone ahead of the aircraft. Now it only illuminates a tiny circle directly below the light, regardless of where it's pointing.

Edited by electricaltill

There are 3 position for the light: retracted, extended (off), and extended (on).

Each of the three give same result: light is always directed to the ground under the aircraft. It never lights forward even if the 3d model of the spot is extended.

(Just to add clarification)

I haven't tried any fc3 plane since 2.5.6

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

• 1 month later...

The landinglight is also slewable. As a searchlight so to speak. This worked fine in 2.5.5. by the way.

Now in F2-view you can see it pointing and turning to all directions, but the lightbeam only shines down.

This thing was actually pretty essential in night- or dark missions !

• 4 weeks later...