HUD covered by solid square in VR

SPAS79

Hi,

I was trying ouy the new cockpit in VR, and I get the issue as in the image attached, which is one big black (or gray, depending I think on the day/night mode of the hud).

Please pay no attention to the fact the Ka50 is "off" in the attached the issue is present in all states, it seems to be tied to how the game renders the HUD in VR.

Headset is Rift S.

No Mods are applied.

Also, I am not seeing the same in 2d mode...

Anybody having this issue?

2134743659_Ka50newcockpitVRissuejpg.thumb.jpg.6b61baafa3c19eb9841a781f827be379.jpg

Edited by SPAS79

I'm also on the rift s and haven't seen this glitch.

Have you tried to?

-Emptying the fxo and metashaders2 folders under C:\Users\Username\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

-Repairing dcs

-Updating graphics drivers

Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

I'm also on the rift s and haven't seen this glitch.

Have you tried to?

-Emptying the fxo and metashaders2 folders under C:\Users\Username\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

Done

-Repairing dcs

Also done

-Updating graphics drivers

Drivers are up-to-date as of current, v 442.19 on Geforce 2080ti

Thank you for your answer,

this is realy annoying though...

Edited by SPAS79

Hm, i'm using the Rift S also and never saw that square, very strange.

Edit:

Which version are you running, Steam or Standalone? A screenshot of your options? A Track, i don't think it will help but maybe?

Edited by unknown

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Hm, i'm using the Rift S also and never saw that square, very strange.

Edit:

Which version are you running, Steam or Standalone? A screenshot of your options? A Track, i don't think it will help but maybe?

The issue comes up with both the Steam and the Oculus VR API. I'll try and paste a screenshot as soon as I can.

I do not have any track files, as I shut it off every time (I haven't flown it with the square in place).

To me, it looks like the "transparent" texture sitting behind the HUD (the yellowish/green baked in "halo" so to speak) is missing or broken with the VR shaders, thus the sim places a black square there. Might have to do with me trying those modded VR shaders (although I tried to remove them and ran a restore+clean a couple of times for good measure...)

The other thing I'll try and do is save the log from the VR and non VR versions while loading, maybe that helps.

• ED Team

Hi I am unable to reproduce with my vive cosmos.

Please ensure you have no unofficial mods and run a cleanup and repair or verify for steam users.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The issue comes up with both the Steam and the Oculus VR API. I'll try and paste a screenshot as soon as I can.

I do not have any track files, as I shut it off every time (I haven't flown it with the square in place).

To me, it looks like the "transparent" texture sitting behind the HUD (the yellowish/green baked in "halo" so to speak) is missing or broken with the VR shaders, thus the sim places a black square there. Might have to do with me trying those modded VR shaders (although I tried to remove them and ran a restore+clean a couple of times for good measure...)

The other thing I'll try and do is save the log from the VR and non VR versions while loading, maybe that helps.

I use the stand alone version not the Steam version, but i can't see this thing and i'm using only VR(Rift S). Here is a link to a different bug report i did about a different problem, it was recorded using VR and there you can't see the problem you have. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=264281

If you have a fast internet connection i would suggest you uninstall the KA-50 module, delete manually every file left(KA50 folder) and reinstall the module because you mentioned you used the VR shader mod. I believe(don't know) this is the root of your problem(a leftover file...).

I hope you can figure it out!

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

If you have a fast internet connection i would suggest you uninstall the KA-50 module, delete manually every file left(KA50 folder) and reinstall the module [...] (a leftover file...).

I hope you can figure it out!

Yeah, I did that as well, and made sure no leftover "Ka-50" files or folders were in either the main DCS folder and the DCS folder under my "Saved Games".

No joy.

I think a full reinstall of DCS is in order...

Hi I am unable to reproduce with my vive cosmos.

Please ensure you have no unofficial mods and run a cleanup and repair or verify for steam users.

thank you

Bignewy,

Yes I've done that, I have uninstalled all mods and run cleanup/repair (from Skatezilla's update utility, but it should be the same...). Then uninstalled the Ka50 module, deleted the whole mods/aircraft/Ka50 folder under DCS root and the same under Saved Games\DCS.

No joy.

I guess it's some .hlsl somewhere... even though clean/repair should have taken care of that...

I guess I'm up for a full uninstall/reinstall...

• ED Team

please repeat and attach your dcs log after we may see some clues there.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Right.

Just a case of me being a stupid ass.

I normally export mfds on screen 4 and 5, under some thrustmaster cougars.

Seems like my Shkval export decided to appear just around the HUD, thus why black when turned off and gray when on... :D

reverting to one of the standard "screen" (1 Screen) .lua files fixed it.

I can live with that for VR.

The funny thing is this didn't happen before, nor it happens with any of the other modules.

Case closed?

807817442_Ka50newcockpitVRissuesolved.thumb.jpg.914263dfb79948320d7ca40c13a3ec2f.jpg

Same thing for me. I also used 3 extra 7" displays for mfd export when playing not in VR. All was fine in the in the F-18 but in the KA-50 the Skvahl monitor is set behind the HUD in VR

Bye, Smith

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-9600K @5ghz, 11GB ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Twin Fan, 32GB (2x 16384MB) Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DDR4-3000 DIMM, 1000GB WD Black SN750 Gaming M.2, HP Reverb HMD, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, Realsimulator FSSB R3 Stickbase, TM TPR pedals

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/26/2021 at 10:53 PM, Jeepyb said:

+1 same issue 

Possibly the same fix, read above.

I'd also recommend having a separate user folder (under Saved Games) for VR, not the same as when running in 2D. So the settings for each are separate.

I run DCS.exe with the -w option e.g.

DCS.exe --force_disable_VR -w DCS.novr

or 

DCS.exe -w DCS.vr