[REPORTED]Cannot bind search light

Goa

hi all

i cannot bind the key marked in yellow on the attached screnshot, it does not allow me to assign any bind.

is it a bug?

uh1.thumb.png.5c3431d0ced7759e1054355c25cbe96d.png

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Cannot bind search light

Have you tried binding the second line of the search light off? Sorry to ask.

Have you modified any of the controller lua files? The lines in yellow...or I’m seeing orange....lol....is just a conflict on how the buttons behave....

Or are you talking about the search light right? That looks like it’s already binded.

What DCS version are you on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by sunwukong

There are 2 lines for each of the commands for search light on, search light off, and search light stow. When I look at my command list for the Huey it is the same as Goa's screenshot. It must be a bug as there should not be 2 entries for each of those commands.

Cannot bind search light

The first line where u can add a keyboard bind is when you press a key and let go it is always on....then u press another key to turn it off. ....the second line for the Hotas is set as a button (toggle switch) that when pressed is on but when not pressed is off.

It’s how the lua file for the hotas is set-up.....can’t tell what they have so can’t tell if it should behave as expected.

Should be able to bind the hotas on the second line of each where there is a “conflict”.

Hope I’ve explained it okay.

It’s not a bug.....just the keyboard key is setup to behave different than hotas. Press and release it’s ‘on’ or keep pressed it’s on...if u let go it’s off.

Edited by sunwukong

Have you tried binding the second line of the search light off? Sorry to ask.

Have you modified any of the controller lua files? The lines in yellow...or I’m seeing orange....lol....is just a conflict on how the buttons behave....

Or are you talking about the search light right? That looks like it’s already binded.

What DCS version are you on?

it looks like there are double bind buttons within default controls

--SearchLight Control

{combos = {{key = '7'}}, down = iCommandPlane_SpotLight_up, up = iCommandPlane_SpotLight_vert_stop, name = _('Search light Retract'), category = _('Ins Collective Stick')},

{combos = {{key = '8'}}, down = iCommandPlane_SpotLight_down, up = iCommandPlane_SpotLight_vert_stop, name = _('Search light Extend'), category = _('Ins Collective Stick')},

{combos = {{key = '9'}}, down = iCommandPlane_SpotLight_left, up = iCommandPlane_SpotLight_vert_stop, name = _('Search light Left'), category = _('Ins Collective Stick')},

{combos = {{key = '0'}}, down = iCommandPlane_SpotLight_right, up = iCommandPlane_SpotLight_vert_stop, name = _('Search light Right'), category = _('Ins Collective Stick')},

--LandingLight Control

{combos = {{key = ',', reformers = {'RCtrl'}}}, down = device_commands.Button_12, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVLIGHT_SYSTEM, value_down = 1.0, name = _('Landing Light Switch'), category = _('Ins Collective Stick')},

{combos = {{key = '/', reformers = {'RCtrl'}}}, down = device_commands.Button_37, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVLIGHT_SYSTEM, value_down = 1.0, name = _('Landing light Extend'), category = _('Ins Collective Stick')},

{combos = {{key = '/', reformers = {'RAlt'}}}, down = device_commands.Button_37, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVLIGHT_SYSTEM, value_down = 0.0, name = _('Landing light Stop'), category = _('Ins Collective Stick')},

{combos = {{key = '/', reformers = {'RWin'}}}, down = device_commands.Button_37, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVLIGHT_SYSTEM, value_down = -1.0, name = _('Landing light Retract'), category = _('Ins Collective Stick')},

{combos = {{key = ';', reformers = {'RCtrl'}}}, down = device_commands.Button_38, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVLIGHT_SYSTEM, value_down = 1.0, name = _('Search light On'), category = _('Ins Collective Stick')},

{combos = {{key = ';', reformers = {'RAlt'}}}, down = device_commands.Button_38, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVLIGHT_SYSTEM, value_down = 0.0, name = _('Search light Off'), category = _('Ins Collective Stick')},

{combos = {{key = ';', reformers = {'RWin'}}}, down = device_commands.Button_38, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVLIGHT_SYSTEM, value_down = -1.0, name = _('Search light Stow'), category = _('Ins Collective Stick')},

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Can't see anything wrong (this is the keyboard lua file).....if you mean eg 3 lots of command.Button.Button_37 that's normal. It's on a 3-way toggle switch. Up (1), middle (0) and down (-1)....toggle in up position means it moves forward until you move it to the middle when it stops moving. Down position is that the light moves backwards until you switch the toggle back to the middle position (in sim).

Are you trying to bind your hotas? Have you tried to bind the hotas to the second line of each conflict? If you can bind it does it behave the way you expect?

What HOTAS do you have?

Basically....have you tried clicking on the rectangle that's more blue than grey?

Thank you Sir

I've figured it out, now its working ;):thumbup:

Same issue the controls show them yellow x55 rhino no duplicate controls

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Along the same lines, bindings for the searchlight and landing light appear to be mixed up. They show up properly in the Options menu (e.g. the keystrokes actuate the proper commands in the Options menu), but in-game they appear to be mixed up.

For example, Landing Light Extend works, as does Retract, but Landing Light Stop actually stops the Searchlight. Similarly, the Extend Searchlight command appears to work, but the Searchlight Stop and Retract commands appear to work on the landing light instead.

Note that I tested this using keystrokes from my HOTAS profile without changing any Huey bindings since probably before DCS 1.5.

Edited by Home Fries

@homefries what DCS version are you on? What Hotas do you have?

I've just checked mine on OB 2.5.5 and all okay.

I'm just updating to latest OB, will check when all done.

Oh...when in the huey are the switches on the collective doing the right thing when ur pressing ur keybinds?

Edited by sunwukong

Now on OB2.5.6

Getting duplicates entries in ‘adjust controls’ and keybind for search light 3-way toggle moves the landing light 3-way toggle in sim and Vice-versa.

Edited by sunwukong

Same issue here, keybinds for search and landing light are highlighted orange. I cannot find a fix.

EDIT: I could eventually bind the entries that do not have a keyboard command next to them to my X-52 Pro HOTAS.

Edited by blaster182
Issue apparently fixed.

A-4E | AV-8B N/A | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-5E | F-14A&B | F1 | FC3 | M-2000C | Mosquito | P-47D | Spitfire | AH-64D | Mi-8MTV2 | Mi-24P | SA342 | UH-1H
Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf | Sinai | South Atlantic | Syria | The Channel | Supercarrier | NS430
i7-5820K @ 4.50GHz | 32GB DDR-4 @ 3.00GHz | 2x 1TB NVMe SSD | Asus RTX 2070S O8G
Saitek X-52 Pro HOTAS | Thrustmaster TFRP pedals | TrackIR 5