Night Harrier OP lighting - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-15-2020, 08:33 AM   #11
TLTeo

Honestly, that is a very disappointing reply and fix. The real thing does not have a "special options tab" hidden somewhere in the jet that allows it to perform its primary role of night attack aircraft, why is this solution considered acceptable?

I realize some things are hard to translate to DCS and require an extra bit outside of the game (like the issue with the Mirage's TDC). This problem is not one of those things, not even close.
TLTeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 08:51 AM   #12
=DECOY=

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTeo View Post
Honestly, that is a very disappointing reply and fix. The real thing does not have a "special options tab" hidden somewhere in the jet that allows it to perform its primary role of night attack aircraft, why is this solution considered acceptable?

I realize some things are hard to translate to DCS and require an extra bit outside of the game (like the issue with the Mirage's TDC). This problem is not one of those things, not even close.
Like I said, Message Zues he is the coder and would be best suited to speak with regarding this matter

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | 2080ti | 64GB DDR4 Ram | Virpil T50 | Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswinds | Rift S
Razbam Website | Facebook Page | Offical Razbam YouTube Channel

=DECOY= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 08:51 AM   #13
Fisherman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by =DECOY= View Post
The coders will add a slider to the special options tab so you can choose how bright it is.
Are there more things not implemented in the Early Access version that will never be implemented in the final version?

I mean who would have thought that this kind of thing would be degraded to a slider in the special options when they bought the early access version. Sure, the description probably did not say we where supposed to be able to adjust it, but it probably did not say we where supposed to extend the landing gear either.

Basically this means that they feel that in the definition of a full fidelity module, working adjusting of brightness for displays is not included so if they like they can just skip implementing it during the Early Access period. There must be some kind of basic requirements for what the finished product should include in order to be sold as a full fidelity module in the ED store.

Could RAZBAM provide a list of similar features that have been canceled for implementation in the final version since the module was released as Early Access?
Fisherman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 08:54 AM   #14
Fisherman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by =DECOY= View Post
Like I said, Message Zues he is the coder and would be best suited to speak with regarding this matter
If I remember, your task was to communicate with the forum on RAZBAMs behalf, I thought I saw that in some old post.

Surely as a representative, you must be able to relay this feedback to the team?
Old 05-15-2020, 08:57 AM   #15
=DECOY=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman82 View Post
If I remember, your task was to communicate with the forum on RAZBAMs behalf, I thought I saw that in some old post.

Surely as a representative, you must be able to relay this feedback to the team?
Ask Larry, i dont have the answer and the easiest way to get it would be to ask Zues

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | 2080ti | 64GB DDR4 Ram | Virpil T50 | Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswinds | Rift S

Last edited by =DECOY=; 05-15-2020 at 09:01 AM.
Old 05-15-2020, 09:03 AM   #16
Fisherman82

So before and after we fly a night mission we must go into options in DCS and change the brightness, and also not take long flights that go from day to night.

Last edited by Fisherman82; 05-15-2020 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-15-2020, 09:26 AM   #17
Tanö

I think its just a temporary fix?

I wrote a message to Zeus. I will let you know, if i get a answer
Tanö is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 12:04 PM   #18
=DECOY=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanö View Post
I think its just a temporary fix?

I wrote a message to Zeus. I will let you know, if i get a answer

correct, i didn't explain that very well, the day night buttons work during day light but for some reason not at night, this is being addressed

Old 05-15-2020, 01:03 PM   #19
Zeus67
3rd Party Developer

Hello folks.
Please allow me to explain:
1. The Night/Day switch in the MPCD is working. If you set it to night, it reduces display brightness to 60% of current value.
2. The slider idea was for you to determine how much the brightness will be reduced when you activate the night switch; 10, 20, 60% of set value. You don't like it, then it is not going to happen.

Also, we are looking into other causes that may be affecting the brightness when the night switch is active.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."
Zeus67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 03:35 PM   #20
Zeus67
3rd Party Developer

New night mode factor value.
Please be aware that using the moving map with the NVG is not recommended.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NVG_Night_Mode_1.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	813.4 KB
ID:	235824   Click image for larger version

Name:	NVG_Night_Mode_2.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	591.5 KB
ID:	235825  
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."
Zeus67 is offline   Reply With Quote