MiG-23MLA external model WIP

OverStratos

I can't imagine having to wrench on that gear assembly...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
MiG-23 development is not stopped.:)

So, still early access will be in 2020 or 2021?

Wish list:

-> MiG-3, MiG-9, MiG-17F, MiG-21F-13, MiG-23MLD, MiG-27K, MiG-25PD, MiG-29K, MiG-31, Su-17M4, Su-24M, Su-27SM3, Su-30SM, Su-34, Su-35S, Yak-3, La-7

-> Me.262, F-4D/E Phantom II, F-100 Super Sabre, F-104 Starfighter, Mirage III, Mirage F1, Saab 35 Draken, Saab JAS 39 Gripen, IAI Kfir

So, still early access will be in 2020 or 2021?

After Harrier and mirage are finished.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

After Harrier and mirage are finished.

So 20nevernever? I mean I'm patient and all, but...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 2 weeks later...

Are we all like fat kids in a candy factory? Our pockets stuffed with all sorts of candy, holding a half-melted, half-eaten chocolate bar with chocolate smeared on our faces. "I can't wait for them to make that new candy bar!!" Never satisfied. LOL

When a new aircraft will be released in early access might be like looking into the fog of the future. Maybe they could say in terms of Not Earlier Than... My guess (I said a guess!!) would be NET February 2021. But I would think they (developers) could give a much more accurate NET time.

Are most aircraft module developers doing the work more or less as a hobby in their spare time? Because development can't pay them enough by itself? If they could afford to spend full time, 40 hours a week, working on these modules, how long would it take? A few months? How much would modules have to cost each of us, in that case? I think what we need to do, as customers, is "invest" some accelerator money. But then modules will cost us about $300 per license, or more, I'm afraid. Or maybe the modules could be annual licenses. You'd have to pay something like $70 initially and then $35 per year to keep using it. So, all we can do is wait...and wait...and wait.

It might be nice to have some standard status indicators. Every month each developer can report something like, "Development active, but slow." or "Development picked up this month. Things looking good. here's some pictures." or "Development stopped. Several months before it will resume." or the dreaded "Development side-lined, indefinitely. Changing projects." Would be much better than receiving nothing but static.

Edited by Andrew8604
spelling

Remaining chassis modules will also be designed in such detail ? AV-8b, Mirage.?

Edited by Antoha

Intel core i7 960 3.2GHz LGA 1366, DDR3 1333 24GB, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 1190Mhz (4Gb GDDR5)

Remaining chassis modules will also be designed in such detail ? AV-8b, Mirage.?

i guess no and ask you why? what you see is called "progress" or "evolution", why should they touch minor details of "old" modules´ 3d models. . . it´s wasting ressources - and hopefully razbam does not. please put all ressources in doing this beautiful mig-23. . .

i guess no and ask you why? what you see is called "progress" or "evolution", why should they touch minor details of "old" modules´ 3d models. . . it´s wasting ressources - and hopefully razbam does not. please put all ressources in doing this beautiful mig-23. . .

Except we already know they have artists working on projects that aren't even really being worked on yet like the EE Lightning, IA-58 Pucara, Sea Harrier, Mirage III, F-15E, etc. In my opinion their future modules deserve texturing and modeling priority over their already "complete" ones, but to suggest it would be a waste of resources definitely seems to be incorrect.

You are wrong and very strong. You are not alone in waiting for new modules, but this does not mean that earlier ones should be forgotten.Many are already tired of waiting for the completion of old modules. Throw everything and engage in new ones, I think is not right.

Edited by Antoha

Intel core i7 960 3.2GHz LGA 1366, DDR3 1333 24GB, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 1190Mhz (4Gb GDDR5)

You are wrong and very strong. You are not alone in waiting for new modules, but this does not mean that earlier ones should be forgotten.Many are already tired of waiting for the completion of old modules. Throw everything and engage in new ones, I think is not right.

Well. Vote with your wallet. I know i will.

Wait, so by your rational an unfinished early access module should no longer be updated with models that represent what would be a polished final product because the artists need to focus on new modules that are not released? I can understand working on some new models and then going back to update the current early access models, especially since the EA modules are still buggy and need work on the code side before they can even start coding new modules. Unless of course you have determined that the EA modules are done enough and the coders can move on to new modules now too.

Well. Vote with your wallet. I know i will.

I will too...by spreading it wide open.

img_6913.jpg?w=640

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE