Mirage turbulence damaging wings and losing its own wings - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-17-2020, 09:46 PM   #1
Talonx1

Default Mirage turbulence damaging wings and losing its own wings

Sharing this info from a thread in the 2.5 forum. Since all accounts I've found involve the mirage in one way or another I thought it should be shared here for Razbam to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNEWY View Post
Hi

if you have a short track replay showing this please attach it, and if possible your dcs log

thank you
Track files is 28mb so I can't attach it here directly so I will link to an upload below.

https://youtu.be/F1FEkDrX6_Q

Is video of one of 2 wing rips that happen in that track file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VNy...ew?usp=sharing

Is a link to the track file.
The first rip is just after 13:33 and the second is after 13:37. When I tried to make a video though the second event doesnt show the visual effect. The aircraft just starts to lose control. When it happened live however I didnt know the wing was gone and couldnt figure out what was wrong till the others told me my wing was gone and I verified it visually when I looked over my shoulder. I was floundering around at the end w one wing until the mirage fired a missile and finished me off. The first event happens to callsign "Loot", and the second happens to callsign "Talon". Realizing now that every event in which I've seen a wing rip off in turb involves the mirage. It both loses its wings and rips off other aircrafts wings. I will also post this info in the Razbam subforum and also intend to make a track of the mission where the F16 is blown over in the parking area at mission start and post it later.
Talonx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 09:55 PM   #2
jojo
Veteran

I have lost wings in single player to MiG-29 turbulence.
There are videos on YouTube of F-16 loosing wings.

The G read out has been seen up to 25G.

Wake turbulences are just a bad joke and ED is playing deaf on the subject.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 10:33 PM   #3
Talonx1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
I have lost wings in single player to MiG-29 turbulence.
There are videos on YouTube of F-16 loosing wings.

The G read out has been seen up to 25G.

Wake turbulences are just a bad joke and ED is playing deaf on the subject.
Were you in a mirage chasing the mig? Was the F16 chasing a mirage? I agree in that I think turb. is overpowered, but I havent yet seen a wing rip that didnt involve a mirage on one end of the exchange or another. And I've seen and documented quite a few now.
Old 06-18-2020, 02:46 AM   #4
tugais

This is not a specific Mirage problem. The Viper has the same problem as Jojo mentioned and no Mirage is needed to be affected by this behavior.
Old 06-18-2020, 05:15 AM   #5
Talonx1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugais View Post
This is not a specific Mirage problem. The Viper has the same problem as Jojo mentioned and no Mirage is needed to be affected by this behavior.
Have only seen one vid of a viper being effected but its impossible to tell if he was behind a mirage or something else when it happened. Any hard evidence of it happening when no mirage was involved?