Braking-chute fails to deploy

1.JaVA_Platypus

For a few days now, the brake chute often fails to deploy. I am rolling down the runway, pressing the "P" key and...

Nothing happens... :music_whistling:

I press the "chute deploy" button repeatedly with the mouse and...

Nothing...

Key assignment is checked and verified. It also won't eject. (This makes sense of course if it won't deploy first)

I am using the Warthog with a homemade TARGET profile. I just got this stick and now the chute won't deploy?? I am still running 1.5.0 and not 1.5.1 Any guesses?

Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

There seems to be bug with air consumption (needed for the chute deployment). If the wheelbrake is mapped to an axis, the moment you press it, it starts consuming air and never stops. Once the air is depleted, you can't use the chute. The breaks still work though.

Try deploying the chute immediately after mission start and see if it works.

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem... but only in Cold Start missions. If the mission starts mid-air, then the chute will work when I land.

I thought it was I wasn't resetting the gear lever to neutral after take-off, but that wasn't the case. Are there any other prerequisites for the chute to deploy?

This bug is fixed- but you may sometimes see a discreprancy between it being set to 'resolved' on our bugtracker and the bugfix appearing in your build. It should be available in the next patch.

The reasons for this are multiple, but simply put, it takes a little while for changes to propagate into the correct branch. :)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/