RealSimulator FSSB-R3 and F16SGRH

Hi all,

Looking to take the plunge on the FSSB-R3 and thinking about getting the F16SGRH to go along with it instead of my THW Stick...

Question 1. FSSB.. just do it and don't look back? Any regrets?

Question 2. F16SGRH.. its not painted, just a "rough" resin finish... will that get all gunked-up with sweat/skin and a pita to clean? Not sure I can stomach 2x price for the painted version :noexpression:

Question 3. F16SGRH.. worth it over the TMW and maybe getting the angle adapter instead?

Thanks!

If you can afford it, then absolutely yes, top kit and especially if you fly the Viper in DCS....You can have as real as it gets experience using this. The additional functionality is also good, but you need to be quite au fait with that kind of software and programming to make the most of it.

I use the R3 base & grip for flying the Viper and the FA18 grip on a warthog gimbal base for the Hornet.

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

RealSimulator force feedback is absolutely the best stick functionality available, IMO.
force feedback?

you mean force sensing?

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Hi all,

Looking to take the plunge on the FSSB-R3 and thinking about getting the F16SGRH to go along with it instead of my THW Stick...

Question 1. FSSB.. just do it and don't look back? Any regrets?

Question 2. F16SGRH.. its not painted, just a "rough" resin finish... will that get all gunked-up with sweat/skin and a pita to clean? Not sure I can stomach 2x price for the painted version :noexpression:

Question 3. F16SGRH.. worth it over the TMW and maybe getting the angle adapter instead?

Thanks!

The FSSB R3L base is a must have if you want to fly the Viper the correct way as it emulates the real thing. Not only that you can really fine tune the sensitivity at the level that is not possible with mechanical gimbal (limited by available types of springs and cams).

The grip is optional if you want to save money, the Warthog grip is ok with limited functionality compared to F-16SGRH grip. The combination of RS base and grip though is quite amazing, with great flexibility and 512 available DX inputs at your command.

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

I highly recommend you get the CE. The paint is not the main advantage... the Bluetooth connection is. This means that not only can I use it on my FSSB R3L, but I can put it on my Virpil base and fly the A-10C with it.

Worth the $$$.

As for the rough resin feel of the non-CE version, I wouldn’t feel bad about that. I have the F18CGRH with that same finish and it’s fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by RogueSqdn

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

thanks @RogueSqdn.

It wasn't super clear which had BT/didnt need a base, and why that would be a feature :-) assume it still connects to the serial cable for power? Ie it doesnt have a battery in it does it?

any other CE features other than BT and "paint"? :-)

It can draw power from any base that has the TM style connector: ie TM, Virpil, or RealSimulator. No battery.

The CE also comes with a 5pin to USB cable to provide direct power in case you want to mount it to a base of your own design, and has X Y and Z axis sensors built in.

Edited by RogueSqdn

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

I think I'm going to be "pragmatic" and start with the base and angle adapter, and leverage my TMW stick for now... especially since the CE version isnt available till Dec 2021... :-)

thanks for the input, the wait begins!

That’s Dec 21, 2020.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler