AAA minimum range

Waltan

It's my understanding from research that the minimum fuse range for AAA was about 4000ft. So why in game do you get flaked while flying at treetop level or shot by flak at near point blank while staffing batteries?

Apart from that, the shell fuse has to be adjusted manually before being loaded which means it would be a miracle to have the fuse set to the right range for an aircraft at low level due to the the high relative velocity.

This would seem to be an easy fix, especially on the minimum range problem. A pilot should be rewarded for taking the risk of flying low.

Sorry if this has been raised before

Are you talking about high cal flak or AAA like 40mm 20mm those would fire in hope for direct hit.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Yeah I'm talking about the 88mil flak, and maybe to an extent 40mil, it seems keeps firing at you and tracking you even when you are at treetop level and there is no line of sight. I'm pretty sure in the classic flak defense video from WWII they say heavy flak is not effective below 4000ft so it would probably be helpful to set a minimum engagement altitude for larger caliber guns.

Yeah I'm talking about the 88mil flak, and maybe to an extent 40mil, it seems keeps firing at you and tracking you even when you are at treetop level and there is no line of sight. I'm pretty sure in the classic flak defense video from WWII they say heavy flak is not effective below 4000ft so it would probably be helpful to set a minimum engagement altitude for larger caliber guns.

Exactly. And it would seem to be a very easy fix. The line of sight would be quite hard to fix but the 4000ft minimum fuse distance would be a few lines of code i'd imagine. IRL it also takes time to change the fuse range on a shell so large changes in altitude or distance to the flak should keep you safe but as we all know it doesn't in game.