Jester: (BADLY NEEDED?) Command to go TWS Manual / Auto?

Bearfoot

Does this exist? If so can someone point it out to me? On the Jester radial menu, I see only "Radar Mode -> Auto", but nothing to switch from TWS Auto to Man.

This is badly needed because of the horrible bug right now in commanding azimuth/radar elevation while in TWS Auto.

A key-bindable command would be great, but as far as I can see there is not even a Jester menu option?

Edited by Bearfoot

Agree,and it's not TWS-A/M only but a "drop tank" or a window for jump to main menu.

It's ever a pain to select between dump all payload or keep the two empty tank when you're notch all the way for extent alone with a bunch of Fox3 behind.

Agree, Jester is now more capable with the TWS Auto but its still very stupid.

The UI is very clunky because Jester doesn't search for targets.

If Jester could operate the radar then this radial UI is fine but when I'm in combat I'm not only need to search for the bandits but tell Jester his job and it becomes really difficult some times.

I think if we could have some buttons to directly tell jester what to do I think it would be better.

The Wheel UI is good but it may be better maybe.

I agree, but honestly, I will take an option on the radial menu as well ... but it does not seem to be there. We can command TWS or RWS as pilot, but that goes to TWS Auto. I tried hopping into the backseat and selecting TWS MAN but it resets when I go back front.

So, this means that as SP there is currently no way to go to TWS Man?

I am all with the devs on making the Jester more automatic and smarter rather than have pilots full backseat control. TWS-A is pending fixes and refinements so it should allow us to use TWS more efficiently.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Agree,and it's not TWS-A/M only but a "drop tank" or a window for jump to main menu.

It's ever a pain to select between dump all payload or keep the two empty tank when you're notch all the way for extent alone with a bunch of Fox3 behind.

To drop tanks > Jester > Within Visual Range > Jettison tanks.

EDIT IIRC Master Arm needs to be on.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

To drop tanks > Jester > Within Visual Range > Jettison tanks.

EDIT IIRC Master Arm needs to be on.

Yeah,you've just say where the problem was!

It's now require returns to Jester main menu then ACM page for drop ext-tank.

So,where's the exit for return to main menu!?

dLrUcaO.png

Edited by KL0083

Folks, with all due respect,this is about a radial menu option or a key command or any way at all to ask Jester to switch between TWS auto and TWS manual.

Complaints about Jester inefficiency etc. are a little tangential, and there is another entire thread about Jester vs direct keybinds specifically for dropping tanks here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4034579

Agree, Jester is now more capable with the TWS Auto but its still very stupid.

The UI is very clunky because Jester doesn't search for targets.

If Jester could operate the radar then this radial UI is fine but when I'm in combat I'm not only need to search for the bandits but tell Jester his job and it becomes really difficult some times.

I think if we could have some buttons to directly tell jester what to do I think it would be better.

The Wheel UI is good but it may be better maybe.

:thumbup:

F-14 | F-15 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AV-8B | A-10 |

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

RYZEN 5 1400 | GTX 1050 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 1TB HDD| Track IR | TM T16000M FCS HOTAS | TM TFRP Rudder :pilotfly:

Yeah,you've just say where the problem was!

It's now require returns to Jester main menu then ACM page for drop ext-tank.

So,where's the exit for return to main menu!?

dLrUcaO.png

There is a "close menu" key command LShift+A. So close, go WVR then Drop Tanks. That's the fastest you can do.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

There is a "close menu" key command LShift+A. So close, go WVR then Drop Tanks. That's the fastest you can do.

Oh yes,thanks so much!

Never mentioned the length of the needle.

How wonderful it would be as if such stealthy can be used on hostile radar instead of instrument position...............

Have you guys tried to use the Voice Attack addon AI Rio? When you have that you do not need to use the radial manu at all. Just click you Voise Attack button and tell Jester what you want him to do.

System: MSI Z370 | i7 8700K | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 2080Ti | TM Warthog | Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | SA342 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | F-5E | A-10C | M-2000C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-14 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-21 | MiG-19P | MiG-15 | F-16C | JF-17 | L-39 | Mi-8MTV2 | KA-50 | Christen Eagle II | Yak-52 | Bf 109 K-4 | NTTR | Normandie | Persian Gulf | The Channel

Have you guys tried to use the Voice Attack addon AI Rio? When you have that you do not need to use the radial manu at all. Just click you Voise Attack button and tell Jester what you want him to do.

I sadly couldn’t figure out how to install it.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

I sadly couldn’t figure out how to install it.

How far did you get in the installation procedure?

System: MSI Z370 | i7 8700K | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 2080Ti | TM Warthog | Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | SA342 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | F-5E | A-10C | M-2000C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-14 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-21 | MiG-19P | MiG-15 | F-16C | JF-17 | L-39 | Mi-8MTV2 | KA-50 | Christen Eagle II | Yak-52 | Bf 109 K-4 | NTTR | Normandie | Persian Gulf | The Channel