[REPORTED] Liveries stay the same from inside cockpit

ams999

When I change the liveries of modules, say from green to blue, from F2 the livery changes to blus but from cockpit/F1 view, it stays the same green. Same goes for the pilots' uniforms, you can see them change in F2 but not F1.

Is there a trick to show the changed liveries from the inside/cockpit view, too?

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

I should clarify: I see this in the Huey and the Gazelle, in airplanes the liveries change correctly from inside view.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance

newattachment.php?do=manageattach&p=

Same here......in both 2.5 release and open beta.

Cold start...….request rearm to change livery.....get the "copy" then "rearm complete".

From inside the front part of the Huey hasn't changed, neither has the co-pilot, pilot or cockpit. However, the two gunners have changed jumpsuits and the back of the Huey has also changed.

I'm using VR so I stuck my head out and the first picture should be fully red (Antarctica) but it ain't......I also nearly fell over.

When you view from outside all looks ok......including the pilot and co-pilot.

:pilotfly:

ss1.thumb.PNG.cede26e24a5b9179b1528e8b02b73c51.PNG

ss2.PNG.26ef638c9812b5ef47fafeb87d18bdff.PNG

Is this just for the Huey?

Also the Huey can have 2 sets of liveries, one armed and one unarmed.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

For me, Huey and Gazelle. Don't have the Mi-8, Ka-50 changes correctly. Regarding Huey, armed or unarmed, IR deflectors or not - no difference.

This is because the material names are different for the parts that dont change.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

So, is there a way to change/reload those?

I'm mostly interested in the pilot/co-pilot as some liveries bring their own jumpsuits or patches and I find it weird to see them change externally but internally stay the same one as at the start of the mission (so if I start the mission with a custom livery with a blue jumpsuit, I can only change back to a green jumpsuit by changing the livery at mission start in the mission editor).

This is because the material names are different for the parts that dont change.

I've changed from the Antarctica to one I did and (if my eyeballs are correct) the naming is the same.

Getting past my bedtime though so I maybe wrong...lol.

Also the Gazelle.....It's from livery to a different livery (both armed) where there isn't a change....seems to me to be something to do with the cockpit model part.....

Think I found it somewhere else in the forums on a different module

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205713&highlight=cockpit

I've slept on this and I think that the re-arm script doesn't update the cockpit model.

I don't have the ka-50 so I can't check to see what kind of cockpit model it has......I'm assuming that it's only has an internal cockpit model so you wouldn't notice that it hasn't actually updated. From memory the harrier cockpit model is only an internal model so again you wouldn't notice that it hasn't changed.

Could be wrong of course.

• 3 months later...

Along the same lines as the OP, when adding a new livery to the Su-33, the IRST does not change to the new livery from inside the pit.

Any idea's on how to change this? I was lazy and didn't arm the IR headset to look over the dash and see if the whole nose was blue.

:pilotfly:

Gigabyte Tech. 990FXA-UD3, AMD FX-8350 8 Core, 16 Gig RAM @ 2200 Mhz, Radeon X480, Oculus Rift

Reported.

In Mission Re-Arm Menu Loads Textures for External Model only, and not the Cockpit EDM, which has some part of the External Model on it.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 3 months later...

Good news: this now actually seems fixed in the Huey, at least from inside the cockpit. The nose and the pilots changed while changing skins - can anyone confirm?